Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Fans Who Want To Sitdown During A Rolling Stones Concert....
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 9, 2006 18:49

The Stones Shortarses Fan Club is looking for more members!

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: April 9, 2006 18:55

"Saw the Stones Glasgow SECC last time around.

I was in a seated area.

From the minute the Stones came on my area wasn`t seated!

You cannot sit whilst watching the Stones live."

Saw Stones in Copenhagen 2003 - in the seating area everybody was sitting down - even people who tried to stand up, were asked to sit down.....

The most boring consert ever been to - had to drink lots of beer, to come over the sit-down people........

Hopefully people in Berlin on a friday night are more to stand up....

I was in chicago sept. 2005 - everybody standing up - a much better / joyfull consert....

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 9, 2006 20:02

Re: fans who want To sit down during A Rolling Stones Concert .... are

(a) committing a crime

(b) denying a sane and reasonable person their human rights

(c) in need of being told in no uncertain terms to f*** off

THAT'S IT - END OF CHAT ! CASE CLOSED

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 9, 2006 21:47

That's hardly the end of the discussion.

If someone wants to stand--and no one else in that area behind them is standing--then it's up to them to either: 1. sit down. or 2. move to an area in the venue where they can stand and not block anyone's way.

I would never stand if people around me were asking me to sit down. Even if I wanted to. You know why? Because it's not all about ME ME ME!

Life is much better when we live by The Golden Rule.

It's not pleasant being around people who don't give a damn about other people around them. Ever go to a show where some motormouth nearby just yaks all the time?

Some people aren't physically able to stand for an entire show. They don't qualify for the handicapped section. They aren't any less passionate about the Stones. They have bad knees, back, whatever. And some are even younger than the guys onstage! Life can be tough.

I'm not talking about myself. Like I said earlier, I stood during the Forum show and had a great time. But I kept checking that the people behind me were standing so that it was cool.

I'm 6'4 by the way. Never had any trouble seeing.

You may disagree with me, but you'd be lucky if you were seated behind me.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 9, 2006 22:17

Soo you pay hard earned £££ €€€ $$$ or whatever so some aswipe who is only there to show off to his latest bit of skirt while sipping his shampoo and ramming burgers into his oversized GOB can have a nice day.

Not ME I paid my money to enjoy myself will dance in the aisle if it is allowed if not then those behind will have to stand.

We are going to a ROCK CONCERT not the friggin Opera.

Now before you start about blocking the view I am not soo tall 5ft 6"my OH is over 6ft and we have moved over standing FOS to let a couple of ladies much smaller than ourselves in and see the action.

Only for them to be shoved out of the way by a couple of V tall yuppies.
Yes I did do something about it 5 min before showtime told them to sling their hook back to where they came from.
They were about to get mouthy with little Me till they realised there were around 15 people behind giving them daggers.

They sloaped off to wherever with their mobiles firmly glued to their ears.

Dont like rude people either.

Posted by: Rock'NRollAngel ()
Date: April 9, 2006 22:59

open-g Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What about the chicks sitting on their tall
> boyfriends' shoulders right infront of you? - you
> need a damn periscope

My 6'3 BF put me on his shoulders and we were promptly shut down when we tried this both in an arena and a stadium show. The General Admission seating for the European leg of the tour may allow for us to get away with this the next time we try it and provided it is necessary to do so in order to get a good view.

I understand why some people would need to sit down, but for those that don't need to, it's difficult to get why they aren't shakin' their hips through the whole show. And those who sit down during Keith's moment in the sun, shame shame shame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-09 23:00 by Rock'NRollAngel.

Date: April 9, 2006 23:04

Rock'NRollAngel Wrote:
>>
> My 6'3 BF put me on his shoulders and we were
> promptly shut down when we tried this both in an
> arena and a stadium show. The General Admission
> seating for the European leg of the tour may allow
> for us to get away with this the next time we try
> it

not if youre in front of me and several others it wont! You'll be dodging plastic water bottles! winking smiley

Date: April 9, 2006 23:39

Gazza Wrote:
> Rock'NRollAngel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >>
> > My 6'3 BF put me on his shoulders and we were
> > promptly shut down when we tried this both in
> an
> > arena and a stadium show. The General
> Admission
> > seating for the European leg of the tour may
> allow
> > for us to get away with this the next time we
> try
> > it
>
> not if youre in front of me and several others it
> wont! You'll be dodging plastic water bottles! winking smiley

Will you Gazza, will you? We will see about that and when I say that, I mean literally!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 9, 2006 23:50

That will it make easy to spot you three in Berlin. hehe

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 10, 2006 00:12

Here I was standing in Groningen (Netherlands) from 18.00 till 11.30, man I wisch I could sitdown for a moment, only there was a lot of mud around me.

Normaly I will not sit down at a concert (only for resting maybe) but if you are in the middle of people who are all sitting I feel ashamed to stand all the way.

Date: April 10, 2006 00:54

Rock'NRollAngel Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> -----
> > Rock'NRollAngel Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >>
> > > My 6'3 BF put me on his shoulders and we were
> > > promptly shut down when we tried this both in
> > an
> > > arena and a stadium show. The General
> > Admission
> > > seating for the European leg of the tour may
> > allow
> > > for us to get away with this the next time we
> > try
> > > it
> >
> > not if youre in front of me and several others
> it
> > wont! You'll be dodging plastic water bottles!
> winking smiley
>
>
> Will you Gazza, will you? We will see about that
> and when I say that, I mean literally!

I'm scared!

the two of you against several thousand of us!

(I think you missed the wink in my initial post but never mind...)

Date: April 10, 2006 01:12

Gazza Wrote:

I'm scared!
>
> the two of you against several thousand of us!
>
> (I think you missed the wink in my initial post
> but never mind...)

I caught the wink and I was just kiddin' around with you a little in return. I would never be so thoughtless. If it was going on around me and that is the only way I'm going to see anything, then it's fair game. If nobody else is doing it, it's not necessary. I imagine that my boy will get us up to the front of the stage anyway.

But I will be seeing you in London and not for any hostile purposes. Only for fun. I hope all my constant bouncin' around and hip shaking doesn't get on your nerves. smiling smiley

Date: April 10, 2006 01:19

it'll be all seated in London as you know, which might prove difficult to do the 'shoulder' thing - but I hope you have a great time. see ya there

Date: April 10, 2006 01:28

Gazza Wrote:
> it'll be all seated in London as you know, which
> might prove difficult to do the 'shoulder' thing -
> but I hope you have a great time. see ya there

I thought there was field seating which I assumed was general admission. I'm buying the tickets unseen so I need to know what I'm in for and yes, you will be seeing me. Talk to me Gazza.

Date: April 10, 2006 01:59

I talk to anyone who'll listen and even those who dont want to!

No, all the UK shows are all-seated (theres no law making it compulsory, the Stones/Cohl just decided to do it as a way of inflating the prices) - the rest of the Euro shows have general admission on the pitch, however

Do you have tickets already?

think there are still pitch tickets on www.ticketmaster.co.uk for Twickenham but they dont appear to have pitch tickets at present

You can still get pitch tickets (for the 2nd show anyway) here:

[www.seetickets.com]

Seating chart for Twickers :

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 10, 2006 02:01

in vegas in march, everyone in my section was sitting during MR (lower risers next to the stage)!! i was not in my own seat but had to dance (squatting and dancing - which i was doing - hurts!). i think mick appreciated that someone showed some interest - i was embarassed by those surrounding me. of course, i got kicked out of the awesome seat because i stuck out like a sore thumb.

one way to avoid having seated people behind you complain - get an aisle seat and take a step out into it to dance - as long as you don't have idiot security pushing you back in!

also, standing during slow songs isn't a waste - you can dance to slow songs too!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 10, 2006 10:51

My favourite subject, you cant go to a stones concert and sit down unless you are unfortunately disabled in some way, my one hip unfortunately is not so good these days and know the day will come when i will have to have a operation but once the stones are on i have to get up.

At manchester on the forty licks tour and just arriving in time sat next to a couple just a bit older than us and obviously they had a few drinks before and thought great these will be in the mood and after the first number they st down for the rest of the concert i of course feeling embarrased being the only one standing up reluctantly sits down, but halfway through i turned round to my mrs and say f*** this im stnding up, aplogised to the people behind me and stood up for the rest of the show, nothing was said but you do feel slightly embarrased and consiense that you are the only one standing up.

The same scenario was going to happen at twickenham forty licks tour at the rescheduled concert but fortunately egnouth there was a mix up over tickets and we had the stewards seats to start off with whilst theywas trying to sort it out and in the end we stayed in those seats with a big area in front of us and not blocking anybody's view and when i looked down at the seats we should have been in guess what they was all sitting down.

this is one of the reasons i have booked to go to paris to be on the pitch and find a nice area towards the back and just get on with it.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: April 10, 2006 12:06

The thing about these shows is that apart from spending a lot of money on them you also have to deal with matters you hoped you had bought yourself out of.

The seating/standing issue is one that you don't have to deal with in European stadiums if you're on the field, and to be among people who all stand up is anadvantage not only to avoid discussion but also because it creates the oldfashioned festival atmosphere.

On the other I sometimes wish they sold seats, so that you have something to stick to (in the first sections people would over here stand up anyway so there would be no discussion anyway):
1. The seats would guarantee a certain space;
2. The reserved seat would allow you to arrive when you want to (instead of 2 hours before the opening act to secure your spot, a pain in bad wheater);
3. You can go to the toilet or for a drink, being able to find your spot back easily;
4. You can go to the toilet or for a drink, knowing that the spot you left is actually yours and you can reclaim it;
5. If you decide on showing up early, you could sit down from time to time.

The standing areas force you to stand up for up to five hours (especially if you plan to be up front there's not a lot of room to sit down even early on). You might not be able to find your friends back fast if you go for a leak (thus spoiling some songs with making your way through the crowd explaining and apologising). Some will panic standing packed (you don't know in advance if you seldomly visit a rock event).

So you have to worry in advance about securing a position, being leaked out before you enter the pitch, don't drink to much water (beer is funest for the piss stream anyway).

(Personally, being a diabetic some of the elements involved are quite unpredictable. Will they let me take in my own food and drinks for emergencies? Will I hold the five hours without having to leave for this of that?)

Again, if the tickets were €40,-- I wouldn't mind having to deal with it all, I'm not that spoilt. But for a 120 you'd expect at least some things to be arranged for you.

Posted by: stupid girl ()
Date: April 10, 2006 12:26

Sitting doesn't mean you're not enjoying yourself. Just a matter of personal preference. I like to stand though.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 10, 2006 12:48

I never understood why the interior in US stadiums is equipped with seats. Maybe it's because the Americans are lazy or too fat to stand too long :-)

In Europe it's hardly believable to have seats except the normal stadium seats. And I can't imagine to sit during a Stones show ...

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 10, 2006 12:50

Meise Wrote:
> I never understood why the interior in US stadiums
> is equipped with seats. Maybe it's because the
> Americans are lazy or too fat to stand too long
> :-)

and i suppose you're from a country with zero obesity?

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: April 10, 2006 12:55

HEY MAN, My legs laying somewhere in the jungles of Nam or in the belly of some stray dog outside of Saigon, you want me to rock and roll all night on my fake leg - bunch of heartless effing Rat Bastards.....

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: April 10, 2006 14:55

Seats in the tiers - no problem with people wanting to sit all the way.
But on the pitch, while they are playing, even if it's seated, no way should people complain if there is standing around them!!!
I agree with the sentiment of Long Droog, but PaulyWaul hits the nail on the head for me. F**K EM!

Oily.

Date: April 10, 2006 15:27

MicksBrain Wrote:
> HEY MAN, My legs laying somewhere in the jungles
> of Nam or in the belly of some stray dog outside
> of Saigon, you want me to rock and roll all night
> on my fake leg - bunch of heartless effing Rat
> Bastards.....

Date: April 10, 2006 16:17

Discussions like these may be damaging to bootlegs. The version I have from Bercy 2003 is almost one big discussion on the first disc about sitting or standing. It's Germans discussing. Irritating ( : not that it's German of course ). One of the last and loudest arguments always make laugh a little however : "Wir sind ja nicht beim Pavarotti" - "We're after all not at a Pavarotti-concert". - So, please, at least make sure you won't interfere with the works of tapers smiling smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 10, 2006 16:27

So you're suggesting to sit down & shut up?

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 10, 2006 21:33

Not me I will be standing and singing along.
Suggest those near me take ear plugs.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home