Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Cancelled Sendai Show
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 17, 2006 07:30

The "Samurai" T-shirt for Japan being made available as part of the Passport collection is interesting. If you look at the concert schedule on the back, they list Sapporo on March 28 and Sendai on March 30.

Kinda neat, since Sendai never happened. They probably realized what a potential major f-up they had no their hands -- there just aren't enough people up there; Keef really could have sung TPIE and meant it.

Re: The Cancelled Sendai Show
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: March 17, 2006 08:54

drbryant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Keef really could have sung TPIE
> and meant it.

sadly, isn't that true for most gigs these days?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 17, 2006 14:51

I dont know nikkibong...I have been to 5 shows so far this tour without seeing a lot of empty seats and the stats seem to say that the tour as done well in USA. They may stumble here and there...but all in all the trend has been to SLOWLY fill the venues.

I admit most places are not instant sell outs like 20 years ago...LOL but then again must of the premium seats for Shnaghai were sold out 10 days before the show was even official!

Posted by: kees ()
Date: March 17, 2006 15:53

Today I was informed still lots of tickets available in Japan but no exact numbers available. Did not see any annoucements or so in Tokyo.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: March 17, 2006 20:10

actually, i was referring to the mass exodus to the bathroom during keith's set.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 17, 2006 20:30

The Japan shows are an amazing display of how NOT to promote concerts. Publicity and ticket sales were incredibly late in getting started, and the promoters misunderstood the willingness of the public to pay. The ticket pricing has been widely greeted with disbelief -- the arena show in Saitama has prices that range from 28000 Yen ($260) to 65,000 Yen ($600). Although I love the Stones, I am somewhat pleased to see the resistance from the Japanese fan base (which was capable of selling out 10 straight SW shows at Tokyo Dome -- 500,000 tickets).

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: March 17, 2006 20:58

"Although I love the Stones, I am somewhat pleased to see the resistance from the Japanese fan base (which was capable of selling out 10 straight SW shows at Tokyo Dome -- 500,000 tickets)."

Might be a strategy - playing 1-2 shows instead of 10 shows in big cities, charging higher ticket prices and getting much more revenue per show..... and therefore getting more or less same gross revenue world wide......

Less shows can be because of aging and therefore not able to play 10 shows in 10 days - but getting the same amount of money is still great......

Posted by: mickeyjaggar ()
Date: March 18, 2006 00:59

drbryant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Although I love the
> Stones, I am somewhat pleased to see the
> resistance from the Japanese fan base (which was
> capable of selling out 10 straight SW shows at
> Tokyo Dome -- 500,000 tickets).

As far as all my friends are concerned, they do not refuese to buy tickets. But they just do not afford to buy them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home