Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Friends series
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: March 15, 2006 01:30

I am from Greece and I rent the dvds of the show.Now I rewatch them and I remebered how many times they used brown sugar as a song to jump from on scene to another.Also in episode which I watch now in 10th minute you can hear you gotta move?Am I mad???

Re: Friends series
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: March 15, 2006 01:31

StratoGR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Am I mad???

You must be to watch friends.......

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 15, 2006 01:37

I love Friends. So it was lightweight and fluffy, sometimes one needs to turn one's brain off and be mindlessly entertained for a while. Besides, Jennifer Aniston was smokin' hot in that show. I don't remember hearing any Stones music in there, I will have to listen for that the next time I catch a rerun.

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: March 15, 2006 01:41

I don't think it's Brown Sugar but a very similar riff! I remember that, but You gotta move? Which episode are you talking about? I love Friends as well, by the way!

Who the f*ck is Mick Jagger?

Date: March 15, 2006 01:42

I own all the seasons, there are many many songs that sounds like stones songs, theres one that sound like HTW, BS, and YGM

Date: March 15, 2006 01:44

whenthewhipcomesdown Wrote:
> I own all the seasons, there are many many songs
> that sounds like stones songs, theres one that
> sound like HTW, BS, and YGM

Do you think that was on purpose, and if so why? Couldn't get the rights to the songs, or just didn't want to pay for them?

Date: March 15, 2006 01:47

if you listen to honky tonk, its the exsact same riff except for the last note, have no clue, its very interesting though

Date: March 15, 2006 01:51

whenthewhipcomesdown Wrote:
> if you listen to honky tonk, its the exsact same
> riff except for the last note, have no clue, its
> very interesting though

If Mick and/or Allen Klein see this thread, they will sue and wind up with all future syndication profits from now until 2067.

Date: March 15, 2006 02:15

Basicaly I think it's a very clever shitcom one of the best ever.Second you gotta move is on Mr.Heckles dies.And the songs are not similar.It sounds like someone else played the riffs of this songs.But on the end the change it.If you hear the songs you know what I mean.Stones again in something I like.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 15, 2006 02:26

I like Friends a lot, really. But I think Stones music would fit much better in the Finnerty.

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: gut ()
Date: March 15, 2006 05:27

I hated the show but I was thinking about this the other day.......

Does anyone remember a brief part of an episode early in the life of the show, where the wimpy Chandler Bing talks about hanging out with some pals at a bar in Manhatten and how good a time he had and that KEITH RICHARDS was at the same place hanging out too. He talked like he was able to hang out with him too....

I always thought that was insane, and that damn the luck, some fool like Matthew Perry's unworthy character would be lucky enough to hang out with Keith and the rest of us hardcore fans would never meet him all our life.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Date: March 15, 2006 12:57

IS than on an episode??I don't think so.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 15, 2006 13:00

I am pretty sure that in the final episode, when they are at the airport, they played the guitar from Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam, which I love.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 15, 2006 13:33

Friends Jumped The Shark, when Chandler started dating Monica.
Though, it was never,really the same, after Jennifer Aniston went all anorexic, looking like she needed a good feed.

Didn't the cast, recently sign-up for some 'specials'?

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 15, 2006 13:41

Funny post!
Now that you mentioned i remember thinking a lot of times that that the tunes sounded like stones songs. I'm glad i'm not the only one :-)

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: March 15, 2006 15:33

===IS than on an episode??I don't think so.===

I am almost 100% certain it did, but I guess its possible that I cross-bred this episode from another series...but I don't think thats true.

I am almost certain I heard the Matthew Perry character talk about hanging with Keith at a Manhatten bar early in the series. It was just a brief snippet of a "coffee shop talk" they had....the whole thing probably pissed Keith off and he had them take it out of re-runs. I don't blame him. It was a crappy show...except for looking at the women, I was rarely entertained....at Lisa Kudrow looks like she would engage in Freakshow sex to make up for her lack of classic beauty...now I would watch her!

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: March 15, 2006 16:25

I was so entertained by the 10 mins of Friends I watched in the first episode I never watched it again.

Happy to say I cant remember anything about it apart from V bad acting.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 15, 2006 16:43

Sorry to say this: but Friends is a women's series.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 15, 2006 16:54

Waiting on a friend? Yeah, any of the 3 ladies! None of the dork guys.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 15, 2006 17:00

Friends was the best series on TV ever IMO. Sure it went a bit stale in the latter seasons (Season 9 especially), but seasons 1 to 6 were all funny as hell. It even revived itself somewhat with the last season (10). And you're right. I thought about the very Stonesy jingles in between scenes too. I was an avid watcher back then. Had all the episodes on home-recorded VHS. I'm gonna buy the box when I can afford it.

Remember this Chandler gem (He was given an ugly gold bracelet from Joey): Easy for you to say, you're not the one who has to sport some reject from the Mr. T Collection. (Mr. T voice) I pity the fool who has to wear my jewelry. I do. I do. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 15, 2006 17:04

Now, Kent, thats just embarrassing....

Date: March 15, 2006 17:07

Ha. I can embarrass myself even more if you like it so much mate. At the last episode where Ross and Rachel finally get each other I was crying (No bull).

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 15, 2006 17:10

Kent, you @#$%& fag!!

Date: March 15, 2006 17:13

You should talk.

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-15 17:15 by JumpingKentFlash.

Date: March 15, 2006 17:17

LOL!!!!!!!!

What a silly thread this has become!!

I have to say I cried when there was nothing else on TV and to watch the show....I prefered the sarcasm of Seinfeld.

At least I liked the Rachel hairstyle that Anniston sported...in those first 2 seasons, that slut had a bod built for hot sex. Then came Pitt and anorexia....

Kudrow became the kinky alternative. As for Courtney Cox....has and always will be a Springsteen lap-dog...

Date: March 15, 2006 17:18

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> You should talk.
>
>
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/15/06 17:15 by
> JumpingKentFlash.

I know. But it's not about me here. YOU're the guy who masturbates on his own shit.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 15, 2006 17:37

I could'nt stand Freinds! My favourite American sitcom from the 90's is Frasier. Now THAT IS class!

Date: March 15, 2006 17:41

Yep, Kelsey Grammer is one of the few Hollywood types I actually respect. His show had at least an ounce of self-respect.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 15, 2006 17:51

Reptile, this is "Friends" not "Will and Grace"!winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-15 17:51 by Elmo Lewis.

Date: March 15, 2006 17:56

===="Will and Grace"!====

Another horrible show....it might as well be a homosexual cartoon, its so stupid.

Could care less about gay shows....I look for hot women and the 2 fag-hags they have on that show are definitely not hot.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home