Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Do we never get to see a whole 78 show.on dvd!!!
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 14, 2006 20:44

We all have the rare footage thats around(me dont have New Orleans,thought)Its my fav tour and Im afraid and frustated that a whole gig on dvd ,will never see the light of the day!!I wont give up on this...and I like everything...the lack of material from this 78 summer some girls tour...mysterious..is thre a change for me??Those guys and galls who went that summer!!!Yeah you Chippy!!!I want to see how it was!!!And I hope ..something will come before its to late..Cheers..and R&R greetings!!!Imagine...Anaheim LA (shoes)on dvd!!It doesnt have to be legal...pirates and outlaws you know.

Re: Do we never get to see a whole 78 show.on dvd!!!
Posted by: bruno ()
Date: March 14, 2006 20:48

Amazing, innit? Specially when you compare the '78 tour with the tons of visual material from the '70 European tour grinning smiley

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: March 14, 2006 20:51

Ok, Ok. Now seriously. I agree it's indeed frustrating not having a complete show available in pro-quality. Where the @#$%& is the remaining footage from Ft Worth??

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: March 14, 2006 20:55

Yeah,its so strange every tour being well documented...with illegal films...the 75 and 76 tour..ect..its all there..but sadly not this tour!!!Who can help us!!We..well I am a desperate 78 on the look out..for footage(i hope a whole show!)Stones fan!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 14, 2006 21:10

rooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We all have the rare footage thats around(me dont
> have New Orleans,though)Its my fav tour and Im
> afraid and frustated that a whole gig on dvd ,will
> never see the light of the day!!I

youve listed the solution to your question yourself in your first sentence

new orleans is a complete show, although its hard to find in good quality plus its not filmed very close.

Date: March 14, 2006 21:19

So. what I saw of New Orleans Is good enough for me!(but I dont have it) do you Gazza,and do you like it!?Tell me.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: March 14, 2006 21:34

to me the worst part of the New Orleans DVD is the sound !

Date: March 14, 2006 21:35

Im happy-We have...so much sixties films..with mrJones!!...We have gimme shelter69...We have 71 footage...we have ''ladies and gentle man''@#$%& blues..we have..even footage from the 73 down under shows!!!...We have 75 LA...76 Knebworth.........nothing...We loved to see!!!!78!!!.....81 great films + boots.....82..Wembley (great film!) till now!the list is enormly long!!!And Rooster is still looking at ...the same fantastic only film (6 songs ,Am I right?)What a great balls of R&R fire party would break out...Whem little by little...I mean can one think it will be released some day?Its a real shame...it isnt around ..and I dont understand it at all..cause all the tours been covered..right?!

Date: March 14, 2006 21:41

I meam this tour was o fuc-ing good!! The bad shows..I fuc-ing lurv!(so called bad shows...I found them rather good!!!).

Date: March 14, 2006 21:51

Is there a reason..it aint around?I even think this wonderfull tour needs to be hyped(goddamm!!!)otherwise a video will never come!!so lets start the ''desire''for a 78 live dvd show!!!''On the rewind video I loved that ending part!

Date: March 14, 2006 21:57

They really did it for me.100% thats for sure! but time waits foo...and sure wont wait for 78!!Lets..

Date: March 14, 2006 22:29

Only good thoughts..I am so glad for what I have!Sometimes its just seems like they want to forget that whole period 75- 79(oshawa!)We do have Saturday night ..with john b...(bless him!)I will wait.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 14, 2006 22:35

On 25X5 there's a short snip of New Barbarians, I think it's from Largo.
But have you noticed, that there's a short clip of something I think is Ottawa 1979? Mick shouting and pointing? Could somebody please confirm this?
And if it is from Ottawa, do longer clips exists?

Date: March 14, 2006 22:40

Yeah...thats right! Its a shotof star-fucer...Snow!!!!

Date: March 14, 2006 22:43

Okay, rooster! Do you know if more exists? I remember a guy (in California) who tried to sell a video to me 10 years ago (of Ottawa 79), but it costed about 50 euro, so I thought he was a swindler.

Date: March 14, 2006 22:44

To all the collectors its the singer not the song..live gigs!!!The 78 usa tour had a steady set -list wich had so many new songs!!!

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 14, 2006 22:50

Does anyone know for a FACT if a show (or shows) was / were officially shot and now sit in the vaults?

Date: March 14, 2006 22:51

No...its just not thereand I dont know why it isnt!!so all is 1.Atlanta 2.New orleans3.chicago+some footage.thas all..And I only have Atlanta(or Dallas?)so whatis there I dont even have!!now thats rare!!!I tell you!!

Date: March 14, 2006 22:53

i THINK THE DALLLAS Gig was filmed.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: March 14, 2006 23:15

I rememember that NYC Palladium was filmed. There were handheld cameras that filmed it. It lookked like thye were part of Stones camp. It is strange that so little from 78 exists. The Stones(see Jagger) were making a point to ome off very punk, haphanzard and unorganized, off the cuff; so maybe they just tried to come unprepared on purpose.
And another thing: doesn't it seem like that Europe took over at some point as far as being conscientuous about booting everything? Video and audio? Rememebering the audiences in 78 in the USA i can't imagine anyone wanting to haul a bigass camera around.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Date: March 14, 2006 23:27

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I rememember that NYC Palladium was filmed. There
> were handheld cameras that filmed it. It lookked
> like thye were part of Stones camp. It is strange
> that so little from 78 exists. The Stones(see
> Jagger) were making a point to ome off very punk,
> haphanzard and unorganized, off the cuff; so maybe
> they just tried to come unprepared on purpose.
> And another thing: doesn't it seem like that
> Europe took over at some point as far as being
> conscientuous about booting everything? Video and
> audio? Rememebering the audiences in 78 in the USA
> i can't imagine anyone wanting to haul a bigass
> camera around.
>
> I took the dream poison before someone else taught
> me right.

Well I dont think so..Chelsea..the 75 tour of the america s is wellcovered and sometimes I think every gig in 78 was filmed and recorded by them!!! and usa fans was crazy enough to film!!! the European did!!!

Posted by: jigsawp ()
Date: March 14, 2006 23:28

Take a look at www.nzentgraf.de .A few shows were professionaly filmed!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 14, 2006 23:33

yes the anaheim gigs were filmed according to complete works web site,
plus a few others as well, but no luck so far

Date: March 14, 2006 23:40

We tried!!laughter...I do think..it willbe there for us!!!but 28 years of waiting is enough!!!Lots of fans wants to see it!!So why wait?Pirates!?

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 14, 2006 23:44

I like the '78 tour. It's pretty mysterious!!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 14, 2006 23:49

yeah cmon jointrip and dstone , dig up a 78 complete show on dvd,
enough with hampton 81 already

Date: March 14, 2006 23:54

We could make a cartoon-concert-movie from 78, if anyone is good at drawing. We have the audio.

That must have been my worst post, ever.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()

Yeah, I saw the 2 Anaheim Stadium shows (LA area) and I'm pretty sure there wasn't any pro shooting going on. One of the shows had that great moment that the Stones talked about in interviews so much about hundreds and hundreds of shoes being thrown on stage. All through a song or 2 a shoe would fly up every once in a while towards Mick. Finally after finishing a number he just goes "Why do you just throw all your bloody (or f**king) shoes up here" (something like that) So all of a sudden it was just raining shoes all over the stage - went on for something like 30 seconds but it was INTENSE, SO many shoes, just insane. It was the most bizarre thing to see at a concert (or anywhere)..... I wasn't a shoe thrower, I liked mine too much (and needed them to walk through the slightly muddy muck). I remember the show being VERY punk with Jagger being VERY sassy and swearing up a storm. Very interesting stage outfit as seen on Sat. Night Live....should really be a complete show SOMEWHERE on DVD. It was SO punk to be sloppy in those days so I guess we're paying for it now....

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: March 15, 2006 00:16

From 78 I rather get a Bruce Springsteen concert on DVD. That does not exsist either , there are 2 but quality destroyed.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1141
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home