Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones setlist Sunrise 3-12
Posted by: todd40fla ()
Date: March 13, 2006 15:52

overall i would have to say it was one of the better setlists for this tour.

some of the highlights.....

Let's Spend the Night Together
Sway
Ain't Too Proud to Beg
Gimme Shelter (damn lisa was smokin on this one!!!!)
and
Angie (keith was awsome on the old acoustic)

the rest of the show was pretty much same old stuff.....

but the stones performed it all very well!!!!

rockin the house on this the final regular show of the american leg of the tour......

perhaps they will be back in the fall....but this was one to remember for a long time.

hope somebody out there captured these moments....

oh well......on to japan!!!

Re: Stones setlist Sunrise 3-12
Date: March 13, 2006 16:06

It's too bad that southern Florida had to pay the price for dodging You Got Me Rocking in '97.It's not like it hasn't been played at every other show in the area since it was released.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 13, 2006 18:52

For some inexplicable reason, the Stones think of YGMR as worthy of semi-warhorse status. Their fans do not.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 13, 2006 19:09

I like YGMR & think it works well live.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 13, 2006 19:11

it works well for me, too, assuming my bladder is full....

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: March 13, 2006 19:26

fans loves YGMR!!!

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 13, 2006 19:57

You Got Me Rocking - ROCKS - I'll be shaking my arse to it when they play it through Europe,

Give me this over 'Rain Fall Down' any day of the week.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 13, 2006 20:12

Well,

The Sunrise show was decent. Not as strong as the Licks performance in 2002. YCAGWYW sing along seemed to please the new Stones fans as well as Satisfaction. Ain't too Proud was a nice addition. They really need to give SFTD a break. Keith needed to do T&A instead of Happy last night. Ron Wood played well on RJ an ONNYA whereas he was awful during Tumbling Dice. Tumbling Dice just doeasn't work that well in concert. Why do they play Miss You while moving to the "B" Stage? Maybe a song like Not Fade Away or Last Time is better suited. For a war horse at the B-Stage YGMR was ok, but a heavy guitar version of SFM would have worked better. In place of Let's Spend the night together, Rocks Off would've been my choice because they already performed Ain't to proud to Beg. Overall I was pleased with the performance but once again, selist, setlist, and setlist is a problem. The Cookie Cutter concert appealed tremendously to the novice Stones Fans

Chris F.

Date: March 14, 2006 02:34

john r Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like YGMR & think it works well live.

Even IF you think this is a good song,it has been worn out.The Stones do have other quality songs that work well or would work well live.Just about everybody that really wanted to hear it already has - probably more than once.I don't think that there is room in these shows for it anymore,especially when you consider what is being left out.They could replace it with something else from Voodoo Lounge.They could replace it with a Chuck Berry cover.They could replace it with an old album track.They could replace it with a new or "newer" song.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1348
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home