Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: what are your 3 fav.stonestunes to play on guitar
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: March 13, 2006 10:15

I heve never seen a tab for JJF that is the way Keith plays it live. I mean I figured most of it out from the videos and playing around. It pisses me off that their are thousands of tabs of bands NOTE for NOTE accurate. Even hendrix live tabbed note for note but NOWHERE can I learn these stones songs. Any links to good tab? I gave up looking a few years ago. I mean it is frustrating because i can pick up most of it but Not exactly. The lack of decent stones tabluture is a CRIME!! there are lots rare songs i would like to learn like Too Tight, Flip the Switch,Street fighting Man, Under my thumb.

Midnight rambler is the best song i know to play. Set up a drum machine, put a capo on 7th fret and Jam!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 13, 2006 10:31

Prodigal son, Neighbours, Turd on the run

C

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 13, 2006 10:38

uz2bstones, I agree, never have found a tab of how Keith plays JJF live. I also forgot that I like to play Bitch ...and wish they went back to the guitar instead of the horn heavy version. I often use that simple but powerful opening of Bitch to warm up! Also like mentioned above...the studio opening of JJF b4 the trademark riff is very easy to play in standard tuning..wonder why they never use those few bars on the live version.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-13 10:41 by kahoosier.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: March 13, 2006 10:43

In general, I only play other peoples songs regularly if I can make them my own, that is I have to have an arrangement that sounds good on one guitar, with or without a drum machine backing.

-Memory Motel, sometimes I play the chords with a wah, if not, I use whatever picking patterns I find please my ears winking smiley
-Connection (for some reason I don't get tired of that chord pattern)
-Brown Sugar (for my imitation of the sax solo)

-also Love In Vain, the Keith part, tho' I've just learned the Mick Taylor "Ya-Ya's" slide solo... of course I cheat, but it's basically the same! I'm only just learning the slide, that was the one thing I wanted to play on it, otherwise I'll just mess around my own little bluesy licks... in open G, or just the high e-string tuned down to d.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1587
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home