Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Lisa Fischer - Buenos Aires - Argentina
Posted by: SherFiles ()
Date: March 10, 2006 15:08

Dear fellow members,

I have recently subscribed to this forum for I follow Miss Lisa Fischer's musical career. She is now the main background vocalist of the rock group The Rolling Stones as you all know.

I live in the city of Buenos Aires - Argentina and Lisa Fischer was in Buenos Aires together with the Rolling Stones in February. I am aware that apart from performing Gimme Shelter, she also sang a duet with Mick Jagger on the song 'The Night Time Is The Right Time'.

I would like to share wth you this piece of information regarding this fantastic and phenomenal singer, Lisa Fischer.

Lisa Fischer (born in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, New York in the mid 1960s) is an African American R&B and adult contemporary singer known for her abilities in the whistle register and her 1991 hit "How Can I Ease the Pain".
She is currently a session vocalist for both Atlantic Records and GRP Records, and has toured as a background vocalist with the Rolling Stones for the past ten years. Lisa Fischer has also toured as a background vocalist with Tina Turner.

She is credited as having a very strong, dulcet sounding singing voice easily accessing the whistle register.
The whistle register (also commonly called the flageolet register) is the highest register of the human voice. It is typically used to produce pitches above E6. The ability to produce pitches in this register is believed to be rare.

This high vocal range can be heard in her biggest hit "How can I Ease the Pain" from her debut solo album So Intense. The song, which was the first single from the album, displayed Fisher's ability to adlib up to a G#6. The song earned her a Grammy Award in 1992 for 'Best Female R&B Vocal Performance'.

Prior to her breakthrough, Lisa Fischer had accompanied R&B superstar Luther Vandross on most of his tours and had also provided backing vocals for the likes of Billy Greene, Chaka Khan, Anita Baker, Marion Meadows, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Howard Hewett, Madonna (Live 8), Tim Ries, Lee Ritenour, Jason Miles, Chuck Leavell, Groover Washington Jr., Alyson Williams, Chris Walker, Melba Moore among other singes. Apart from this array of great R&B singers, Lisa Fischer collaborated with Scumfrog and Lovestorm (DJ and Remixers) very recently.
Lisa Fischer also independently recorded songs for several artists like Sypher and also recorded several songs under the name of Xena (electro-pop style).

Luther Vandross is the main artist during her musical career. He practically discovered her for Luther Vandross loves great singers and he found in Lisa Fischer the perfect singer who can sing any song and any musicsl. Luther Vandross wrote and produced (togethe with Narada Michael Walden and Attala Zane Giles and Cornellius Mims) several songs on her album ‘So Intense’, including "Wildflower," on which his voice (Luther Vandross’) is heard in the background. He also helped her secure her recording contract.

From this album her greatest hit ´How Can I Ease The Pain’ earned her a Grammy Award and the song went to number one on the R&B chart. She even recorded a duet with Luther Vandros, the song is ‘Whether or Not The World Gets Better’ and was ALWAYS included in the recording of background vocals on every Luther Vandross’ albums together with Cissy Houston, Cindy Mizelle, Tawatha Agee, Ava Cherry, Kevin Owens, Cheryl Lynn, Myrna Mathews, Peggy Taft among other background vocalists.

It is good to be noted that Lisa Fischer also performed in the group Change (being lead vocalist Luther Vandross) when Luther Vandross started to become widely known as a session vocalist. Luther Vandross is known to be a perfectionist regarding the recording of background vocals and known to have an exquisite taste when selecting his background vocalist. He may request the rehearse of a single note more than 500 times until he is completely satisfied with it and he also requests the perfect pronunciation of EVERY word of the lyrics to a song. For example, it is popularly known that he corrected a famous singer on a preposition in a sentence while recording a song.

It would be so great if you could share information, videos, un-realeased songs, live performances, pictures of this wonderful singer.

Yours Sincerely,

SherFiles

Re: Lisa Fischer - Buenos Aires - Argentina
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 10, 2006 15:39

she's got a great pair of lungs, long legs and wears a weave-
what else is there we need to know?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 10, 2006 15:48

I wouldn't mind either for seeing pictures of this wonderful singer.

Anyone?

- Doxa

P.S. Thanks for the info, SherFiles!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-10 15:49 by Doxa.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 10, 2006 15:51

That's all fine and dandy SherFiles but what I really wanna know is how is she in the sack and are there any nude or semi nude shots floating around that you could share with us? The voice has already won me over...BTW , Viva Argentina !! BA is one of the greatest cities in the world !!!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 10, 2006 15:56

Date: March 10, 2006 16:03

Ahhh, YES.....Love the top shot !! "It's just a kiss away" indeed.... Times like this it WOULD be good being Mick - Thanks Reptile

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: March 11, 2006 00:28

Too bad Lisa didn't pull her top down at the Super Bowl !!!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 11, 2006 01:48

yeah well take a look at the MSG 1-20-06 aud video, lisa is fat, just watch her part of gimme shelter, but she does have great legs and a pretty face

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: March 11, 2006 02:09

the show has been lackin this

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 11, 2006 04:54

LISA is FAT??? How about voluptous? I am kind of tired of the whole Kate Moss anorexic look! She is also very greatful for her position and luck. Cornered in a bar once by fans and pressed about her salary, she graciously said, "sometimes I feel so lucky to be with the group, I think I should pay them!"

At the Hollywood Bowl, after screamin' "Go Lisa" a dozen times from the lip of the stage, she winked and aknowledged me. At then end, she walked right over to me( there was no securty aisle between the audince and the stage in the pool circle), bent down and handed me a set list . As she stood up she blew me a kiss. LOL I was so flsuterd all I coud do was stand stunned, and Barnard standing right next to her just looked at me and laughed! They both winked and walked back.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 11, 2006 07:06

hey she has a gut now , sorry you dont like it but its true, and yes she is very sexy, check out miss you from south africa 95, what a sweet ass

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: March 11, 2006 07:57

I think Lisa is the SEXIEST woman in the world. I would do her on the Thanksgiving day table in front of my wife, child and in-laws. SHE IS HOTTT!!!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 11, 2006 08:30

Come on.. Lisa ain't fat!!

Date: March 11, 2006 09:46

Not only is Lisa PERFECT (Voluptous is SO feminine !!) but she's smart too. When did she start with the band? On the '89 tour? There ain't no Mick Taylor quick departures in this babe's DNA.... Beautiful, Smart, Tall? what is she? about 5'9'? How talls Mick?, Long legs, Good Business Woman - has her own cash, Fantastic Voice, A Tiger in the Sack (Has to be great in bed, just no doubts) - look at that look on her face on the top photo Reptile posted - the babe MEANS BUSINESS !!! I'll take Lisa, anyone that thinks she's fat can go track down one of Rod Stewart's ex blonde bimbo stick figures...Happy hunting.....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 11, 2006 13:39

ROCKMAN

Posted by: cherry red ()
Date: March 11, 2006 16:58

I love Lisa so much!
She is so hot, the iconic voluptuous woman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home