Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Led Zep vs Rolling Stones
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 7, 2006 00:15

More than likely as individuals, what they choose to do. Plant is still in the biz, Jones produces and plays. Page I haven't heard much about lately.

Posted by: HoldOnToYourHat ()
Date: March 7, 2006 01:09

Plant has his own band, his recent album got good reviews but IMO its average, I guess the critics gave him bonus points for it being different.
Jones is a real class act, like filstan said he still plays and produces.
Last I heard of Page was his tour with the Black Crowes, which gave us the great "Live at the Greek" double CD.
Anyways both are bloody great bands, but although Bonham was a great drummer, he ruined some songs because he had no restraint and overplayed, much like Page did (live). If you listen to Black Dog, for example, the outro solo is amazing in the studio version, but most live versions suck, because there is no rhythm guitar and its mostly wank. Anyways besides being rock bands based in the blues, Led Zep and TRS are completely different.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 7, 2006 01:16

Robert Plant had a concert in my town, about 2 years ago. I even met him down by the bay, he was walking around real quitely. Strange that big artists, come up here sometimes. Quite frankly, the concert was not something I'll remember. He looked very old, very much wrinkles.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 989
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home