Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Not OT - Jesse Ventura article
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 5, 2006 16:21

I was just reading in article by Jesse Ventura entitled "Take Back the Government". Here's what he writes:

"The government passes laws against everything, and then chooses who to enforce them on. Here's an example: I went to a Rolling Stones concert last year. Minneapolis has a smoking ban in all public buildings, and yet not a word was said when Keith Richards lit up onstage. I'm all for him being able to do it, but the point is this is selective enforcement. The city isn't going to tell Keith Richards to put his cigarette out because there'd be no concert. And yet a common citizen would be arrested for doing it."

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Re: Not OT - Jesse Ventura article
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 5, 2006 16:28

Alright, CindyC gets political - That's great, we need more thinking around here (USA)...You Go Girl !!!

Date: March 5, 2006 16:30

Hi MicksBrain, don't give me too much credit, the article was in FHM magazine! I think that and Maxim are hilarious! My ex boyfriend read them and now I'm hooked. They're so funny!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: March 5, 2006 16:41

Well CindyC, when your write riffs like Honky tonk Women, we'll talk.

Date: March 5, 2006 16:51

Potted Shrimp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Well CindyC, when your write riffs like Honky tonk Women, we'll talk.

I didn't say this was my opinion, it's just Stones related so I'm passing it on.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: March 5, 2006 16:54

yes so is new york city and Richards seems to smoke at the MSG.....whats jesse ventura doing these days ..he should be Prez!!
siht....chenny can shoot someone while he is drunk ...nothing new here....

Posted by: undermythumb ()
Date: March 5, 2006 18:07

Jesse is a huge Stones fan. He was gov during the No Security tour and had the band over for lunch at the governor's mansion on the day of the show. He frequently wore a Stones jacket at official appearances during his reign. Unfortunately, he was an absolutely awful gov.

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: March 5, 2006 19:29

Ventura was also the Stones bodyguard for a time back in the 70s if I'm not mistaken.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 6, 2006 23:37

Out of curiousity, aren't most venues smoke free now a days? I know that's the policy in Vancouver, yet when you go to a concert, once the lights go down, thousands of people light up!

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: March 7, 2006 00:16

DGA35 - Lite up what??? hopefully not cigarettes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home