Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Aussie Nightmare - Etix 3rd degree
Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: March 5, 2006 12:46

The saga continues - I'm now being accused by Etix that I'm not a member, and to that end I have to prove I am or these doog lickers have said they'll pull my tickets!

I've been a fan club member from day 1 and can't believe these @#$%& - Obviously they have no idea of knowing the identity of those non RS fan club members who purchased tix during the free for all that occured during the farcical pre sale.

I'm curious to know who else received this;

Dear Patron,

Our records indicate that you purchased tickets to a Rolling Stones Fan
Club member?s only pre- sale for the Rolling Stones performance on April
11, 2006 at Telstra Stadium in Sydney Australia.

Unfortunately, it appears that you are not currently an active member of
the fan club.
Please carefully review the options below:

Option One:

If you believe that you are an active RSFC member, please respond to
this e-mail with the following information:

Your username and e-mail address registered with the Fan Club The pass
code issued to you allowing you access to purchase tickets for this
event.
Your concert ticket confirmation number(s) issued at the time of sale

On receipt of this information we will review your status with the Fan
Club. If you do not have ALL of this information please follow the
steps outlined in Option Two.

Option Two:

If you are not an active member of the club and wish to keep the tickets
you have purchased you may become a member of the Fan Club by clicking
(or copy\paste) this link and filling out the required information. The
cost of membership is $100.00 US.

www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?
performance_id=380994&cobrand=rollingstones05

When you have completed your membership
transaction, please respond to this e-mail with the following
information:

Your RSFC Membership sale confirmation number(s).
Your concert ticket confirmation number(s) issued at the time of sale.

Regardless of your current membership status, there was a limit of
twelve tickets per RSFC member. If you have exceeded that limit you
will need to purchase sufficient RSFC memberships to accommodate the
number of tickets you have purchased.

In any case, you must reply to this e-mail no later than 5:00PM (EST) on
March 5, 2006. If we do not receive a reply by that date and time your
ticket order will be cancelled.

We thank you for your timely assistance in this matter.

Re: Aussie Nightmare - Etix 3rd degree
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 5, 2006 12:53

Yeah, etix is a nonsense organisation.
I guess what happens is that once a company knows that you want their product real badly they will feel a deep need to annoy you maximally. When nobody wants to buy what a company sells, they'll be real friendly.

Re: Aussie Etix
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 5, 2006 13:08

well ... they for sure should be apologizing all over the place for their screw-up instead of using this vaguely-accusatory tone,
but since it was supposed to be a fanclub-member-only sale, asking people to provide their code seems (sorry!) reasonable.
and asking you directly is probably about four years faster and miles more reliable than asking rs.com to ascertain who's a member and who isn't.

sorry you're going through this, and i hope it works out decently for everyone.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: March 5, 2006 13:15

fair comments with ssoul - for me it's unique in that when on the morning of the pre sale I realised they'd screwed up and my allotment ans i still required 4 more tickets I rang my sister, got her out of bedt at 610am and was stepping her through a membership sign up so she could just purchase the damn things (at this stage they said I had my full allotment and could not purchase any more) and she ended up being directe straight to the buy tickets area and duly did so.

I've asked if they can come off my membership allocation, so that she doesn't have to join but of course no respense to date.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 5, 2006 13:33

My sympathies Tom Petty. Folk can well do without this sort of carry-on. But as Ms with sssoul says, IF in fact you did have an rs.com membership, then the way they're going about contacting people and asking them to prove it probably is the quickest and most efficient way of getting closure on the nightmare. At the end of the day, If I have understood their notice correctly, they basically offer those people who were not members at the time they bought those tickets a "way out" so to say; namely the opportunity to pay their $100 and buy a membership. OK, you're buying it "after" the event so to say, but after the cost of the tickets that you've so dearly set your heart on and have effectively secured - what's another $100 ? It's a cock-up for sure, but at least you'd get to keep what you bought !

I thought I'd seen just about every f*** up it was possible to make in the way this organisation carries on, but this really does take the biscuit. You can just tell from the "lateness" of the shows' confirmation to the "abrupt" announcement of the presales, that it was all put together in a rush etc - and hence (sad as it is) there's no real surprises that there have been these sorts of catastrophes.

My thoughts are with you, may you fare well. The nightmare will evaporate in an instant one fine evening in the not too distant when ..................... there's a big bang and a ragged looking guitarist appears on stage and strikes an opening chord. Try and think of that, and look forward to it !

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 5, 2006 13:37

sigh sigh sigh - being caught in a compound screw-up like this sure isn't fun.
it's painful to see so many people so upset and confused. anyway you've got email, Tom Petty. i hope it all works out all right.

Date: March 5, 2006 13:50

guys your comments are appreciated and very much on the money in terms of your perspectives - I won't let this dampen our respective enthusiasm, (there are 6 adults and 2 x 9 year old girls hanging out for this) because it's there big time. We've even gotten over being split up now, but geez I'll tell ya, my tolerance for incompetence it's pretty much non existant now.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 5, 2006 23:36

hang in there buddy
i reckon it all be sweet

im hanging for my tix too
i just want them all in my hands

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home