Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How do you enjoy a Stones concert?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 2, 2006 17:14

How do you all enjoy a Stones show or any other for that matter. Are you a dance in aisle kind of person? An air guitar maniac, on your feet clapping, sitting bobbing your head, do you sing along, fold your arms, or do you freak out?

When I was younger I used to be up fist pounding, air guitar for moments, lots of yelling. Now I am more the head bobbing, sometimes sitting, sometimes standing. Audiences are too well behaved now. If someone is standing while most are sitting people yell at them to sit. I miss festival seating.

Re: How do you enjoy a Stones concert?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 2, 2006 17:36

Stand and sing along with every word of every song, make involuntary bodily jerks to the 'whip' part of Midnight Rambler, and dance if theres any room to.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 2, 2006 17:39

Stubbornly and resolutely, stay in my chair and moan at anyone, who dares to stand up infront of me, looking like they're enjoying themselves.
Only leave my seat for the obligatory 4-5 piss breaks, and trips to the beer/burger stands.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: March 2, 2006 17:40

Lots of Chicken Dancing. No air guitar. A lot of singing, clapping and jumping. But Chicken dancing is the main part of the performance.

(No sitting here in Spain. At least not in the pitch!)

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 2, 2006 17:43

chicken dancing?! ...like this?

Posted by: R ()
Date: March 2, 2006 17:47

I try to have fun and respect those around me. I leave for the restroom between songs and I DON'T TALK DURING THE GODDAMNED SHOW!!! The "me generation" here in the States is notorious for thinking they are in their own living rooms when they attend concerts.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 2, 2006 17:49

do you mean they sit down for hours on end like couch potatoes watching TV, eating popcorn and farting?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 2, 2006 17:53

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stand and sing along with every word of every
> song, make involuntary bodily jerks to the 'whip'
> part of Midnight Rambler, and dance if theres any
> room to.

I appreciate the warning

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 2, 2006 17:54

I make sure i'm up front, first couple of rows and then it's jumping clapping and everything for the first couple of numbers but after let's say the first slow number i start looking around and look for interesting stuff that's going on on stage. You know take more in instead of just looking at the show.

There is no way i'm going to take a piss break during a stones show or any other concert for that matter. A while back i attended the Status Quo concert in Holland. Great concert by the way. I really had to take a piss 20 minutes before they got on but i didn't because there was no way i could back to my friends (we were standing fith row) so i hold in twe whole damn show. Not a pleasant way to enjoy a concert.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: March 2, 2006 18:03

R Wrote:
> I try to have fun and respect those around me. I
> leave for the restroom between songs and I DON'T
> TALK DURING THE GODDAMNED SHOW!!! The "me
> generation" here in the States is notorious for
> thinking they are in their own living rooms when
> they attend concerts.

??

IMO if you are annoyed by people talking around you then the PA volume is quite low to be a Rolling Stones gig... I'm not talking about being left deaf, but people usually have to shout to be heard: you can't hear them over the music when talking at normal conversation levels. (?)

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: RubyBTTuesday ()
Date: March 2, 2006 20:37

I dance, sing, and have a wonderful time. It's is after all ONLY ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!! If you want to sit at a rock concert, do so. But don't try to ruin everyone else's good time!!!!!!! If I see Harry Connick Jr., I sit. I don't see how anyone could sit during "Start Me Up"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 2, 2006 20:44

RubyBTTuesday Wrote:
I don't see how anyone
> could sit during "Start Me Up"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

easier to roll a joint that way?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 2, 2006 21:12

Heavily sedated.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: March 3, 2006 01:06

I think I must be very funny to watch during a Stones concert because I go between dancing, singing, waving, yelling and putting my camera up and down, take a picture, hide the camera, pull out binoculars, sing, dance, pull out the camera, wave again, more binoculars( even when I'm WAY up FRONT. I like to see all of the little subtle movements and looks exchanged ). When the guards start to notice my camera I get more animated so as to make them think I never had a camera, I've been dancing!! I never go out to get a drink, never take my eyes off the stage!

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: March 3, 2006 01:07

i gotta dance!!!!

Date: March 3, 2006 02:13

I never leave a show unless I'm bored. Or unless you need to go to the bathroom for other reasons. If your on the floor forget about it. Stones shows are less than 2 hours anyways.

A guy was doing his chicken dance last year at Eric Clapton's show and all he did was obstruct everyones view and make an ass out of himself. Most white people can't dance anyways. Especially drunk.

At the Stones show in 97, we had eight floor seats next to the center stage and two girls decided that they wanted to stand on their chairs for an extended period of time. After about 1 song asked them to get down and they refused so we told them if they did not get down we were going to knock them down and after a chair shaking warning, they got the picture.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: March 3, 2006 09:45

If I get some coke and sympathy I'll be on fire at the gigs.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 3, 2006 10:57

Blue Valiums and White Wine (always go for the bottles with corks instead of the twist off tops) - my Martha Stewart "Tip of the Day".....

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 3, 2006 15:45

MicksBrain said:
"Blue Valiums and White Wine (always go for the bottles with corks instead of the twist off tops) - my Martha Stewart "Tip of the Day"....."

But, MicksBrain, blue valiums are memory eracers. You'll have a great time but remember nothing. How about a good old fashioned hit of acid instead?

I went to a Dylan show with a group of buddies so jacked up on meth that we ran our mouths through the whole damn concert. People around us complained to the ushers, and rightfully so. I'll never do that again.

Date: March 3, 2006 16:02

Hey Lukester,

How were you able to stand still? I couldn't

Date: March 3, 2006 16:06

The Sicilian Wrote:
> > Hey Lukester,
>
> How were you able to stand still? I couldn't

Hello my Mediterranean island dwelling friend,
We didn't either. We had a blast. I was all over the place.

Date: March 3, 2006 16:24

I don't think that I have ever seen a Stones show straight, Keith probably hasn't either.

Date: March 3, 2006 16:28

Hey Sicilian,

Ditto

The last show I saw straight was Three Dog Night, 1971, I was 13.

Surprisingly, though, I can remember even the smallest of details from every show I've seen.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 3, 2006 16:32

Yeah, you're right Lukester but street stuff worries me a bit. What if the acid came from a bad batch made by the short attention span GWB twins in their basement in Austin? You just KNOW those gals are not using the best quality ingredients so they can make higher profits - runs in the family. Now, on the other hand, if that acid came super pure from the CIA labs that would be a different story all together - that could be a big thumbs up deal maker for me for sure.....

Date: March 3, 2006 16:40

I love Three Dog Night. I think they are one of the most underrated bands of the 70's. Granted they did not write any of their hits, which is really weird, but they put the music to it.

I saw Chuck Negron at a free outdoor show in Buffalo a few years ago. Corey Wells (who is from Buffalo) plays here occasionally.

What ever happened to THC??

Date: March 3, 2006 16:42

LOL... MicksBrain you sound like you might know a little too much about it

ha ha I'd be a little scared of the CIA stuff, part of their method of operation, I'm guessing, is they dose unsuspecting participants. What a bad way to trip. Now if somehow you had a heads up, that might be different.

Oh god, I hear someone breathing in my computer...I think they're listening MicksBrain...we've probably said too much already. Ever since our president started those unwarranted wire taps, I keep... uh oh, gotta go.

Date: March 3, 2006 16:47

My Mediterranean friend said, "What ever happened to THC??"

In crystal form? I never saw much of it. Unfortunately some unscrupulous dealers would sell PCP as THC. It messed up a high school buddy of mine real bad. We're talking permanent damage. Kids, let this be a lesson.

Posted by: swampff ()
Date: March 3, 2006 17:05

anybody remember rio?

thats the way ahaaha I like it..

Date: March 3, 2006 17:12

you're losing me swampy fish fry... do tell more

please

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 3, 2006 22:10

My problems with Stones concerts is "The Day After".

It's the same when you wake up in the morning, and have to think very deeply, what was it, where I dreamed about.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home