Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Blind Owl...
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 1, 2006 14:55

Alias Alan Wilson ... And Bobby "The Bear" hite, both in Canned Heat till their respective deaths;
aint they two of the grooviest blues-, boogie- etc etc - vocalists ever ... ?!
Jagger would be locked in a room and listen to them for a fortnight
when the next break in the tour is, dont ya think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-01 14:56 by Baboon Bro.

Re: Blind Owl...
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 1, 2006 16:52

Alan was a tremendous musician, and was a KILLER harmonica Player. Listen to Whiskey and Wimmen from Hooker and Heat! Its AWESOME!

JR

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 1, 2006 17:48

Canned Heat is still a great institution, although none of the founders remain (drummer Fito de la Parra being the closest - still drumming, but he was not an original member). Stones connection of course would be one-time member Harvey Mandel, who graced Black&Blue with some great chops. One of their most unsung of great guitarists is now decesased Henry Vestine, who became a music legend in and around my former stomping grounds of Eugene until his death in 1997.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 1, 2006 17:57

Listen To FRIED HOCKEY BOOGIE and bow down!

Posted by: wisertime ()
Date: March 1, 2006 18:31

I'm a great fan of Canned Heat. Saw them 6 times since 1996, 2 times were with Henry Vestine and God he was better than ever !!
Last show I saw with him was 15 days before his death and he only played 1/3 of the show (4-5 songs) but his guitar parts were just magical.
I know that on this last tour (France/England/Belgium) he still smoked pot a lot even if he knew he was very ill (breath problems).
If you don't know this guitar player, you miss something, he was awesome.

I'll see them 2 times next month, they have a great singer (Robert Lucas, ) who plays also slide guitar and harmonica. I know some of you will say "well it's not Canned Heat anymore; etc" but they still are great on stage and the musicians are awesome.

I read Fito's book "Living The Blues : Canned Heat's Story of music, drugs, death, sex and survival" and I understood why Fito is still touring.

About Robert Lucas (the singer), he has released some CD's and in 1991 Willie Dixon wrote the liner notes for his cd "Luke and the locomotives".

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 1, 2006 21:00

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alias Alan Wilson ... And Bobby "The Bear" hite,
> both in Canned Heat till their respective deaths;
> aint they two of the grooviest blues-, boogie-
> etc etc - vocalists ever ... ?!
> Jagger would be locked in a room and listen to
> them for a fortnight
> when the next break in the tour is, dont ya think?
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/01/06 14:56 by
> Baboon Bro.

In my head I can still here that track called "sic em pigs" or something like that from a Canned Heat album I had at school. My God this is going back a long way ! But it was brilliant though, loved it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1409
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home