Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Solution for Lost Gems Vs. War Horses in Concert
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 1, 2006 11:50

For someone who's been lucky enough to see every tour in the US from the first LA show in 1969 to the short "No Security" tour in 1999(after that it's been DVD's and pay per views only) It's sad how they're staying so non- experimental on this tour as far as the set list goes. The solution would have been to play a lot of big city venues twice, with a 1 day break for each one.The first show would be the War Horse heavy shows they're doing now and the second show could be a "Rare Gems" show with songs like "Sway", "Tears Go By", "Lady Jane", "Rainbow", "Moonlight Mile", "Some Girls", "Saint of Me", "Out of Control", "Love is Strong", "I Got the Blues", "Loving Cup" etc , etc. They could have charged more for the rare gems show and I'm sure in places like NYC and LA there's more than enough fans that would go to the "Gems" show. I know it was kinda done on the Licks tour but this would be much more extreme. Any thoughts - agree, disagree ?

Re: Solution for Lost Gems Vs. War Horses in Concert
Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: March 1, 2006 12:34

This is one way of doing it but would involve them rehearsing double the amount of songs and there would be bound to be confusion with punters (& probably ticket brokers) over which gig was which. Why not instead just do a short tour of small-to-medium-size venues just playing rare gems and new material and promote it as such to appeal to the hardcore fans. Casual fan would stay away and it would be heaven for the rest of us.

Date: March 1, 2006 14:18

They should play a few club shows.It's not like a few nights of their time is too much to ask of them all things considered.No rare club or theater show is going to cost another city its concert.If you buy that piss poor excuse,I don't know what to tell you.They had a 35 day vacation between early December and early January.If they really wanted to,they could have made that a 30 day vacation and given the fans a club show on each coast.

Date: March 1, 2006 14:21

& it's not like there aren't any more breaks coming their way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-01 14:40 by Theif in the Night.

Date: March 1, 2006 19:38

Is anyone with me on this or am I expecting too much?

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 1, 2006 22:37

Yeah, I'm definitly with you on this. I get a feeling this is the last big world tour. It sounds like Keith and Ronnie are starting to really screw up too much / too often from what I read here. That ol' Demon Alcohol has finally started to pickle the brains I guess. A few "rare gems" club or theater shows WOULD be nice. Times NOT on their Side anymore (but it sure has been a super long run) Always ready to hear an old one brought back to life....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home