Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rock n Roll Circus
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: February 27, 2006 01:52

But Mick singing Iron Man would be a hoot!!!haha!!

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: February 27, 2006 01:53

DrPete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But Mick singing Iron Man would be a hoot!!!haha!!

lol..........but imagine Iommi coming in after Taylor........he coulda pulled it off.....no sweat

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 27, 2006 02:04

DrPete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it's cool to see Tony Iommi playing w/
> Jethro Tull!!! One of many hi-lights for me!

I didn't realize that was him, I'll have to go back and check that out. I knew there was a reason I was enjoying Jethro Tull more than usual (I think they're ok but am usually not that into them).

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: February 27, 2006 02:14

He's the guy playing left handed (hahaha)!!

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: February 27, 2006 03:04

Iommi is only miming to the music there, as the other guys in Tull save for Ian Anderson's vocals.
Tull had just lost their regular guitarist and were not feeling confident enough with fresh Iommi to play live.
Too bad Mick Jagger had thought the New Yardbirds were too much guitar-oriented and had opted for Tull... Imagine Led Zeppelin on this set, instead of a miming Jethro Tull!!

Posted by: fyp933 ()
Date: February 27, 2006 04:21

on the dvd version the bonus interview with pete townshend has some good insight on the filming and how the idea came about.

i believe pete theorizes that the stones didn't release it because brian was dead 7 months later and it wouldn't be a good memorial to him.
as far as the who out performing the stones - it should be taken to account that the who at the time were touring regularly where as the stones hadn't performed live in well over a year.

cheers !

emmett

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: February 27, 2006 10:41

My fave performance on R'n'R Circus is No Expectations. Nice slide from Brian Jones, although his guitar is slightly out of tune.MEZ

and Ay ay baby it hurts

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 27, 2006 14:39

I always thought that Jagger doesn't come off well in those clips when he is sitting with Lennon. There are two different ones; and in both of them Jagger seems forced to me. Like he is trying too hard to be..."deep" or heavy. Almost like he is intimidated my Lennon.
But I love the shot of Lennon dancing to SFTD

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 27, 2006 17:22

I think Mick's doing an Allen Klein impression in those clips you're talking about, Chelsea, which is why he comes across as so weird.

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: February 27, 2006 21:02

LA Forum....I don't have a burner, sorry. Not aware of any site that has it for download.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 27, 2006 21:14

Brian looked wasted ..but elegantly wasted..love the circus..yes I do.

Posted by: mago ()
Date: February 27, 2006 22:15

Last August when ABB was released I ordered RocknRoll Circus at the same time. Buying from our main internet supplier there is a unit price for freight, that was the reason. I didn´t expect so much from the Circus just for the reason that due to poor quality, it was not released. And what a great surprise! For a whole week I only played ABB once, because I felt RocknRoll Circus was so much better! I rediscovered Parachute woman, I only have Beggars BAnquet on vinyl. I´m not fond of the Beatles, but hearing John Lennon singing that blues was really great, far away from what Paul McCartney does. Really great, and I don´t agree that the Who was better than the Stones. I have always suspected that it was not released because problems with rights, since there were so many different artists. Did the Stones comment why it was stopped for so many years when it was finally released?

Mago

P.S. At the end I learnt to appreciate ABB as well, it just took longer time.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home