Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rio DVD
Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: February 13, 2006 19:18

johang Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who cares? Look at their continues lack of
> imagination in Puerto Rico. I mean how many times
> do you want to hear Brown Sugar, Miss You,
> Tumbling Dice etc etc etc...

Wow Mister. You have a bad attitude. Why don't you go see Celine Dion instead.

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: February 13, 2006 20:26

Fans around the world will be able to catch the show virtually via AOL Music and XM Satellite Radio (Deep Tracks Channel 40), which will feature a live simulcast beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: February 13, 2006 22:35

Check this article.

I only don't think the 'watch' bit is valid... or is it?

[www.soundgenerator.com]

Some info on the stage too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-13 22:36 by Limbostone.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: February 13, 2006 22:42

[www.xmradio.com]

For those who want to listen.

Wasn't XM the station with the press conference debacle? Anyway.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: February 13, 2006 23:22

The Flasher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Johang:
>
> It always fascinates me that you never hear the
> people who were actually at the concert bitch and
> moan....It's the people that hang around here and
> on RO and Shidoobee following the setlists
> online...strange,huh

That is so far from the truth. I have seen many people this tour either go to the bathroom or moan in disappoint when certain songs start like.. Miss You, You Got Me Rocking, IORR to name a few. The Stones have way too many hits to play the same ones every tour and show.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: February 13, 2006 23:34

My god, to be at a Stones show and get pissed when you hear the start of Brown Sugar,SMU, JJF, etc.,etc. So sorry that you poor sob's got soooo ripped off! Maybe let someone who actually likes the stones go in your steed. I hate it when people get depressed, please take care of yourselfs and by that Celine cd that WNY Stones suggested! Maybe this will brighten your day. Good Luck!

Posted by: liquorgud ()
Date: February 13, 2006 23:53

I've been to nine shows this tour so far and expect the "standards". They never play them like their going through the motions. I think they have mixed in quite a few tasty diversions for people like me( out of control, tuesday, tears go bye, memory,rocks off, all down the line,respectable) and quite a few others from fenway till now, I'm "Happy"

Date: February 14, 2006 04:55

This discussion is getting old.The people who like the Stones are the people who would like to hear more of their songs instead of the same ones over and over,maybe even some material from the past 25 years.Most people don't expect JJF to be dropped.I don't think casual fans would care if 2 of the following : (IORR,Honkey Tonk Women,Miss You,You Got Me Rocking,and Tumbling Dice) were left out for a tour.There are plenty of other popular Stones songs to fill the slots.How would people in '75 have felt if they didn't play any stuff from the last 5 albums?Another problem is that almost all of these "rare" songs have already been done many times on past tours.Not many casual people know Respectable but,that hasn't stopped them from playing it.So,just as easily they could have tried something that actually is rare.Instead of recycling some of these songs they could have added something that they haven't done on recent tours or something they haven't yet done at all.

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: February 14, 2006 05:02

Gazza Wrote:
>-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe they might do something with a few local
> percussionists on "Sympathy" or something, but
> expect a standard setlist on an occasion like
> that.

That would be REALLY cool!

Date: February 14, 2006 05:08

& the Stones should be & are aware that many people who go to their concerts have been to a couple in the past.They've been touring consistently since the '60's with the exception of the mid eighties.This is why they do make different shows with different set lists.I just think that,on this tour the shows are too similar to shows on past tours.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: February 14, 2006 08:50

pedromilfont,
could you contact me please at stonefan@neuf.fr, i would like to ask you something
thanks
J-P

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home