Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Superbowl once again
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: February 8, 2006 09:22

Now that I'm lucky enough to be in the States for a week, I talked to some Americans who has watched the Superbowl and asked them for their opinion about the Stones' appearance. The point is that none of them are Stonesfans as we are, and so they were talking from sort of independent point of view.

The overall impression was: that was no good performance. One could blame it on the bad sound but also to the fact that the Stones just didn't fit. The audience wasn't that excited. Just to leave this here.

Re: Superbowl once again
Posted by: phd ()
Date: February 8, 2006 09:35

Did you ask them if they appreciated U2, Macca or Janet Jackson performance ?

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: February 8, 2006 09:43

That's not such a surprise.

It was a good (more than good really) rocknroll performance. Live and raw. If you're not into rocknroll, you don't like it.
Even if you're not into rocknroll, there's a chance somebody is captured by the performance - by Jagger, most likely (only Jagger, considering the camera was almost exclusively on him). Most likely if you're a girl.
It this also doesn't work, you just never get it. But that's fine, you got different taste and attitude. To each their own.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: February 8, 2006 09:48

I spoke to some collaegues in the US right monday after the show and they thought it was awesome. By then I did not have any video clip.
What do you expect really???

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 8, 2006 11:00

What did you expect?

Super Bowl would be more or less like a Champions League final here in Europe. The casual fan who goes there for the event may appreciate the show, but most of the stadium is there for the game. Could you imagine how liverpool fans would have reacted at a stones concert at half-time last year (when they were under 3 goals vs. Milan)? Or, even worse, Milan fans if the concert was after the game (Milan lost after penalties)?

How would stones fans react if there was a half show mini football game?

They hardly note if there is a support act!

C

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 8, 2006 13:50

I thought Sugarbebes' performance before Champions League final in Manchester 2003 was awesome (even though I wasn't listen to their music, actually...were Sugarbabes playin' there, weren't they?)!!!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: February 8, 2006 13:59

Exactly liddas.....

When I go to the AFL Grand Final in Melbourne (100,000 people), they have pre-game entertainment....and I can tell you, no matter how big the act is you never get excited about a band's performance. Most of the time you are eagerly awaiting the game and you're very nervous about how your team will go.

It's always entertaining but not something that will make you jump up and scream!

Esky

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home