Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

bill on burden rarities
Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: February 3, 2006 11:42

Man is he good... He completely steals the show. What is that, disco-walking-bass on a rock tune? Who ever played such fab lines? And how well he listens to the others. The guy kept quiet but he certainly was paying attention to every note and delivering.

Re: bill on burden rarities
Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: February 3, 2006 14:31

He was concentrated on the music, not posing (OK, and women!). He was always one unit with Charly. As a that unit they've been the driving engine of the Stones. There are a lot of great Burdens from 78 having great Bill moments. Or listen to Under My Thumb from Hampton 81. What a grooving and swinging bass. And did you watch Bill on that London 82 She's So Cold video when they f*cked it up totally? Priceless!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: February 3, 2006 15:01

Bill was the best they ever had. In fact, probably the best rock 'n' roll bass player ever. Too bad he quit... but he's making some fine music with the Rhythm Kings now. You can hear that great playing there too. He makes a song come alive.

The Stones never sounded as well after he left. He's 100% rock 'n' roll!

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: February 3, 2006 16:22

Bill was absolutely oustanding on the '78 tour, his best along with the '81 imo. There's a great sense of relaxation and liberation in his playing that I like, like he could do anything he wanted and still sound great, such ease and groove. His entrance on UMT Hampton is sensational indeed.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 3, 2006 18:59

Once I saw this title, I thought it should be corrected to "Bill of Burden".
I'll never be your Bill of burden,
my bass is broke, my feet are hurting,
Come back Suzanne, and do a little dance for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home