Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones UK - 2006
Posted by: SessionsMartin ()
Date: January 31, 2006 21:54

Bob Drummond and I have got together some things for you to do should you be attending the London, Sheffield and Cardiff gigs. Thanks to Flairville who is helping out with Sheffield.

"The Rolling Stones 2006
LondOnStage Wembley
A Bigger Bang in Sheffield
A Bigger Bang in Cardiff

This is an unofficial website to celebrate the arrival of The Rolling Stones to the UK on their A Bigger Bang Tour.

They are playing their hometown at the 'new' Wembley as well as concerts in Sheffield and the spectacular Cardiff Millennium Stadium.

The organisers have agreed a discount rate with a central London hotel, secured Stones friendly pubs and organised a couple of events surrounding the concerts.

All of these events have been arranged on a non-profit basis. Should there be any excess money, then this will be distributed to a UK charity.

The organisers will not be arranging events in Dublin or Glasgow.

This website will continue to be updated as we get nearer to the concerts - so keep checking back for the latest news."

[www.stonessessions.com]

We look forward to seeing you there and at the gigs.

Martin and Bob.

Re: Stones UK - 2006
Posted by: phd ()
Date: January 31, 2006 22:21

Great. Will be attending Wembley I with my oldest son and my little brother. The Hotel you are recommending looks cosy and at a very attractive price. Hope a lot of IORR from the continent will be joining . Looking fwd this event ( last appearance of the Band in a Stadium Gig in their Country !!!) Loved the old Wembley. My greatest souvenirs of the Stones live. I am sure the New Wembley will be an event. Thanks for this site. Good Vibrations. Do you plan to organize a lunch at Bill's Sticky Fingers. Enjoy that restaurant.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 31, 2006 22:36

Glasgow will be the best Gig by far!

(And Dublin is not UK).

Date: January 31, 2006 22:40

Glasgow SECC was spectacular last tour.

And Dublin is the great country of Ireland. No offence intended.

Martin.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 31, 2006 22:47

None taken.

You English are so damn provincial!

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 31, 2006 22:48

No disrespect intended guys but the boys are gonna play in my home town and their home town at the same time. LONDON. In the new Wembley stadium. What could be better than that? The Stones at home. YEAH!

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 31, 2006 22:52

And if you do see the boys at Wembley you must try the flying eye, Bill's restaurant Sticky Fingers and Cambden Town.Enjoy.

Date: April 27, 2006 17:33

A general welcome to all Stones fans in the UK and those travelling to it this summer for the concerts. Bob and I have got some events together that surround the London, Sheffield and Cardiff concerts. For full details check the web-site [www.stonessessions.com]

Today I have added details of how to book a coach from London to Twickenham.

The Thames Boat trip on Monday August 21st is also being publicised on other sites so to be sure of your place book now. Those that attended it in 2003 had a real blast.

These are non-profit events. Any extra monies will be donated to a UK charity.

Martin.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 27, 2006 17:43

Mr Wibble Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Glasgow will be the best Gig by far!
>
> (And Dublin is not UK).

theyre also not playing Dublin anyway, so its a moot point!!

Big thanks to Martin & Bob (& Ben). look forward to seeing you all at The Cabbage Patch and at Twickenham

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: April 27, 2006 21:53

How is the ticket sales in UK - empty stadiums or?????

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 27, 2006 22:11

Martin,

I very much appreciate your update. Stones = UK. See you at Twick I and Sheffield. Unfortunately, Cardiff is on a Tuesday.

Date: April 29, 2006 00:54

Only a dozen more spaces for the coach on the 20th.

Martin.

Date: June 4, 2006 19:46

Now that the re-vamped tour has been announced. I have booked a coach for the Twickers 2 gig. This goes from London City to Twickenham and back. Anyone wanting to board then hurry up and book - see the web-site for Twickers 2 for details - [www.stonessessions.com]

All are welcome and I hope you can make the Thames Boat Trip mentioned on the site too.

Martin.

Date: July 17, 2006 17:40

Now that Euro 2006 is up and running I remind you of events surrounding the Stones visit to the UK.

[www.stonessessions.com]

Come and have a four hour Stones party of a lifetime on the River Thames on August 21st aboard a two-floor boat from 8pm to midnight. A cold buffet and a Stones disco will be provided as part of the cost. There are two pay-as-you go bars on board.

The price of a ticket is £25 GBP plus a booking fee of £1.25.

Martin.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 18, 2006 00:48

Is it possible to ask...? I've been searching on the net for hotels in Sheffield, but they all seen to be occupied on August 27th. Could someone please post a link for hotels there, as I suspect my "occupied"-messages to be a result of poor web-pages.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: July 18, 2006 02:41

Erik How many people and do you have transport ??.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 18, 2006 07:07

madmaxx, 1 person, no transport yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home