Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT : The Strokes
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 4, 2016 14:23

As per my original post, some ten-years-ago, my thoughts haven’t particularly changed: The Strokes were a somewhat major impact on a teenage Big Al; not just musically, but fashion-wise, attitude and identity, also. Now, however, I do not feel connected to them, or the New Musical Express/alternative-indie scene of the early noughties: White Stripes, Libertines, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, et al. Incredibly important as they may have been to me at the time, time moves on, and I find my taste does also. I am forever grateful for their shaping of my latter-teenage years, but have absolutely zero interest in checking-in on their current activities, or, perhaps sadly, revisiting those records that once meant so much. I find them to be so tied to a particular period of my life, that listening at any other time, is almost meaningless.

Re: OT : The Strokes
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 4, 2016 18:44

wonderboy
Great band.
I know nothing about their fashion or style or management, nothing.
But my son plays their their CDs in the car when we go on road trips and it's good stuff.

Saw them last month at a music festival. Was good. In fact we thought they would've been much more enjoyable without all the "look at our 70's clothes and moves" which was a bit distracting.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 997
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home