Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Neighbors
Posted by: Messhead ()
Date: January 16, 2006 06:30

Just wondering if anyone else has heard this. The original drummer from LA punk band Fear claims that Neighbors was a song originally written and recorded by John Beliushi and Fear. Legend has it that Belushi loved Fear and sang with them to record a soundtrack for the upcoming movie "Neighbors". Mick Jagger produced the sessions. Belushi died. Belushi had been the only person with influence to support Fear and after he died, the soundtrack never saw a release. Then, as this drummer claims, Neighbors appears on Tattoo You credited to Jagger and Richards. I know that Jagger and Richards have a creative way of taking credit for things (to say the least), but is this just a way for this drummer to get some attention? Anyway, has anyone else ever heard this rumor?

Re: Neighbors
Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: January 16, 2006 06:42

Sounds like a rumor...word was, if I remember correctly, it was about KR's domestic situation in NY at the time...and it sounds real Stones-like....

Date: January 16, 2006 06:57

"In 1982 I produced demos written by FEAR and John Belushi for the movie Neighbors with Belushi singing. The final tracks were produced by Steve Croppa and vocal coached by Lee Ving and Mick Jagger, but were never used as Belushi passed away before its' release.

About 6 months later Jagger recorded and released a song called "Neighbors". Wonder where he got that idea? (same melody)"

Above quote from Spit Stix, Fear's drummer. Just found it online. Probably just looking for some claim to fame, but at the same time, Jagger was definitely turned on by Punk Rock, or at least felt he needed to compete with it. Some Girls definitely has some punk influence.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: January 16, 2006 20:22

Who really cares? Todays bands are stealing and copying and no one gives a damn.

Date: January 16, 2006 20:31

Very True, we are indeed in the post modern era. There will never be another Mick and Keith, though, they are true originals, no matter where they steal it from.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: January 16, 2006 20:43

it sounds to me like they ripped themselves off with Neighbours. (the same exact melody as ER's send it to me!)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 16, 2006 20:57

Messhead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just wondering if anyone else has heard this. The
> original drummer from LA punk band Fear claims
> that Neighbors was a song originally written and
> recorded by John Beliushi and Fear.

His arse, it was...

Re: Neighbours
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 16, 2006 20:57

>> "In 1982 I produced demos written by FEAR and John Belushi for the movie Neighbors with Belushi singing ...
About 6 months later Jagger recorded and released a song called "Neighbors". Wonder where he got that idea?" <<

*when* is he saying these recordings were made? the movie Neighbors came out in 81, right?
the first take of the Jagger/Richards tune Neighbours was recorded in the autumn of 80; it was released in august 81.
"wonder where he got that idea" - yeah right.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1534
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home