Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
....if the Tickets sales In europe are really bad......
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 15, 2006 19:45

---would they have to add "strong" warm-ups?
I would prefer Tina Turner!!

Re: ....if the Tickets sales In europe are really bad......
Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 15, 2006 19:48

The question is: ARE the sales that bad? Or just that slow that the Stones won't be adding a lot of extra shows, but will (nearly) sell out all currently announced dates? Then there is no need for extra strong, but expensive warm-ups.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: January 15, 2006 19:52

NO. They are not bad. They even look much better than for 40 Licks. It is not because the pace is bad in The Netherlands that it is standard for the other countries.

Date: January 15, 2006 19:55

That's exactly what I thought.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: January 15, 2006 20:01

There are still tons of tickets for Spain shows. I`m almost sure they will not sold out here and I`m really interested in seeing what happens with Valladolid: although it's confirmed, and people say tickets will be cheaper, I have many doubts if a third show will be done in Spain...

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 15, 2006 20:06

my question was "IF"---the tickets sales are bad so far.....

you could read this on severeral threads here.

personally, i think they sell very well in europe so far.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 15, 2006 20:17

The sales arent bad

people are saying they are simply because theyre comparing the rush for tickets on previous tours where practically every show would sell out in a few hours

Thats not going to be the case these days because tickets are far more expensive so a lot of people are going to wait a while before deciding whether they want to pay that amount of money. Its also a lot to ask such people to pay for tickets around Christmas/New Year when most people have more important things to spend their cash on.

By the time the shows take place, almost all of them will mostly be either sold out or about 90-95% sold, even if the promoters have to find some way of shifting the most overpriced tickets

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 15, 2006 21:23

I haven't seen a single public report on bad ticket sales. In fact a lot of shows have sold out in hours or few days. It would be strange if all shows were completely sold out by now. After all it is still a few months until they will start the European tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 15, 2006 21:36

It will just take longer with those prices. But they won't announce many more shows probably.

Date: January 15, 2006 21:48

There's not room for many extra shows actually. It is planned this way...

Bjornulf

Date: January 15, 2006 21:50

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's not room for many extra shows actually. It
> is planned this way...
>
> Bjornulf

Indeed there isn't much room

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: January 15, 2006 21:51

Which shows are sold out:

Bergen, Gothenburg, Horsens, 2 x London.....

What about the other shows?

Date: January 15, 2006 21:55

I bought FOS tickets for Belgium yesterday. I don't know what that means. Funny though.

Date: January 15, 2006 22:49

Italy has only some nosebleed tickets.
First concert in Amsterdam probably
Paris as well
Brussels?
That's it I think

Date: January 15, 2006 22:52

country honk Wrote:
> Which shows are sold out:
>
> Bergen, Gothenburg, Horsens, 2 x London.....
>
> What about the other shows?

Paris is sold out

Dont forget, theres quite a few shows that have been announced but havent gone on sale yet

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: January 15, 2006 23:25

Gazza is 100% right.

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: January 15, 2006 23:55

Well, I have to correct bv in one point: In Germany there have been reports about bad ticket sales.
I saw a TV report about concerts this summer, they spoke about all the superstars coming to Germany and Robbie Williams selling out one million tickets!!! for his 13 big open air shows - in Cologne the stadium was too small for him, he sold out the area in front of it with 90.000 tickets two times - in just a few hours, while others have trouble because of high tickets prices (they named the Rolling Stones and one concert promoter said "Sales are going very bad for them. They have not sold out a single concert. People just don´t pay their high ticket prices.").
Of course, this was a boulevard magazine, nothing serious. And we know in 2003 most tickets sold weeks before the concerts. So, don´t you worry. Maybe we get something like a TV special "Stones At The Beach" that will convince people.

Date: January 16, 2006 00:00

By the way, have the prices for Vienna dropped? The most expensive seats are 97€, the FOS tix 114€. FOS is not much less, but in Cologne the most expensive seats are 207€...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2006 01:06

There IS a significant one week-gap between Cologne and Amsterdam I. I am still curious to know if they add one or two more dates in Holland which was probably on their planned schedule. Still hopin' for Rotterdam.

Date: January 16, 2006 01:21

Can't imagine them announcing another concert in that week in Holland. They'll never sell out another stadium. Probably the best chances are Ahoy in september, which is an arena (and in Rotterdam).

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: January 16, 2006 02:15

Cologne is almost sold out. Only Tickets for the the North tribune. It well soon be totally gone. Same with Frankfurt. Berlin is about 70% sold out. Leipzig seems to be selling poorly...

Date: January 16, 2006 11:11

I don´t know where you have these numbers from. Sometimes (mainly in the night) ALL tickets including FOS are available for one or two concerts (got my FOS tix this way). Maybe this night Cologne, maybe next night Nuremberg. Getgo and eventim played these games before.

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: January 16, 2006 15:03

I called eventim and two local ticket sellers and say all told me the same. cologne and frankfurt are close to sellout. Only distant seat tickets are available, especially for cologne.
With Berlin you can checkout the "Saalplanbuchung" at eventim which shows you all the seats that are sold out and those which are still available.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: January 16, 2006 15:24

This means that Berlin and Munich will follow soon.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: January 16, 2006 15:29

"Saalplanbuchung" shows only which tickets are "now" available and "not now" available. "not now" doesn't mean "sold", there are other tickets in spezial offers with hotelrooms etc, they are not sold out at all!!!

The stonesmanagement will have to do some heavy promotions to sell more tickets.

Date: January 16, 2006 16:31

Give me a written documentation about bad ticket sales and I will believe it. With numbers and names of venues. A lot of people spread undocumented rumours and totally wrong information and that is worth nothing to me. Both Wembley shows sold out immediately. That is a good sign of how popular the Stones are. Also Paris, Horsens, we are talking about venues of 80,000 people each selling out almost immediately. Sure you will see some places not sould out yet but that would be unusual if everything sold out same day.

Good example I was told the two Stones shows in Boston now were not sold out. Which of course was all wrong. I asked for a ticket at the box office and I was told they had 99 dollars obstructed view and 450 dollars top price. Those in the first cathegory are not that popular as all the real fans have got real tickets already. And those in the top price level are always around in low numbers. Inside I could not see any empty seats or sections at all, so it was a full house sold out every night, even if you went to the box office you would say not sold out. Well 99.9% sold out then. Which means sold out for me.

Bjornulf

Date: January 16, 2006 17:01

Paris isn't sold out, tons of ticks still available, Rolling Stones (Ticket+Hotel) [www.kartenhaus.de], Barcelona, Bruessel, London available, too.

Which concert in Europe is really sold out?

Have a look at Berlin: [www.getgo.de], tons of ticks in all categories still availiable.

And all these ticks are not for rs.com-members only ... ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-16 17:01 by HighwireC.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: January 16, 2006 17:07

ThatWhatISay, do you really think you call eventim (who's that? The guy answering your phone call to sell you tickets?) and they will tell you the ticket sells are bad? Come on.

BV, the second Wembley didn't sell out immediately. Last week they still sold tickets in the lower ring for the 2nd Wembley and I didn't look it up now if there aren't still tickets available. On Christmas you could still buy floor in the A-section for the rest of England.

And in Germany you still can buy FOS from time to time. I could imagine that Cologne will sell out because it's near the dutch border and with Stones country Holland having one show (?) a lot of dutch fans will go for German shows. Esp. in Cologne.

In addition to the high ticket prices most people have already spend a lot of money for the football championships in Germany.

Date: January 16, 2006 17:13

Have a look at [tickets.rollingstones.com], too: There is no concert shown as "sold out" in Europe!! And I still beleave in rs.com ... ! ;-)

Date: January 16, 2006 17:20

bv Wrote:
>Both Wembley
> shows sold out immediately. That is a good sign of
> how popular the Stones are.

Wembley #1 sold out in about an hour

Wembley #2 was still available up to a couple of weeks ago. Its now officially sold out per Ticketmaster

Sales for the other 3 UK shows have been quite slow, especially for the £150 seats, with Glasgow being the slowest.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home