Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Sloppiest Stones Show Ever
Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: January 15, 2006 22:01

From what I've heard (CDs) and what I attended in 1981- I wouldn't rate them as sloppy as 1978. But just uninspired. Listen to the insipid "Still Life"- Holy Cow!

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 15, 2006 23:11

Hey guys! The Stones are supposed to be sloppy! SNL 1978 is a classic moment in rock.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 15, 2006 23:57

....and Still Life is really rocking. What makes it worth picking on, is that it doesn't give a good atmosphere, because there are too few tracks, and too little talking in-between. If there weren't any good bootlegs from 1981, I'd be playing Still Life very often.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 16, 2006 00:08

Rim shout anybody!!!White albums they were called in old Holland,back thenor....bootlegs If you will....The Cleveland show remains a mystery to me..;.;;..I listened to it today ....and the bulk of the show sounds good to me....hey there Billy joe ...not getting to wet!jjf is cooking and so is''
'whip'''.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: January 16, 2006 01:13

Any time you hear Mick singing "Jumpin' Ja Fla, it's a ga, ga, ga..." then it's bound to be sloppy! lol grinning smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 16, 2006 01:45

I don't understand the negative review of Knebworth '76. Just heard the boot "Hot August Summer Night", made from the Stones Mobile, soundboard. Due to the setlist (nearly 30 titles) some tracks are very sloppy, e.g. "Lets Spend the Night Together". They played some songs on this event only, not on the tour. Some titles like "Wild Horses" are great. It is right, that they have massive sound problems, e. g. "Hey Negrita" is completely destroyed by feedback noise. On other tracks the vocals fade out, e. g. on "Around and Around". But the most tracks are quite good. The negative touch is due to the sound problems.

Date: January 16, 2006 02:37

you people might have never heard Kiel 1976...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 16, 2006 04:15

Was SNL the time they play Respectable and Mick was wearing a red beret? That was pretty bad.

Posted by: doster ()
Date: January 16, 2006 04:46

I would love to hear that "78 Cleveland show.

I was there, but can't remember much except Jagger and Richards at the mike together and someone throwing a smoke bomb on the stage.

Those were the days, right!

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: January 16, 2006 19:02

i'll take a sloppy '78 show over anything since '89....they had more vigor and attitude then (keeps ya on the edge of yur seat)....don't care much for the live versions trying to match the studio versions (too mannered for my taste)....i prefer the rough & tumble punch of the so-called sloppy shows

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: January 16, 2006 19:04

Ket Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Leeds 71 was pretty bad, at least on the boot,

pretty bad?....this is one of the greatest boots of all-time.....friggin fantastic

Date: January 16, 2006 21:06

I want to say,right here ,that I think the Cleveland show isnt a bad one at all,I fuc-ing love it!!!!

Date: January 16, 2006 21:08

Well,maybe I like sloppy shows!!!!

Date: January 16, 2006 21:19

Hey Wayne,you ve been there in 81, not 78,Besides I found J Geils more entertaining,for sure not better then the Stones.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 16, 2006 21:24

Rooster..is there a better sounding boot than the one I have titled Shattered in Cleveland? Damn it it is 5:20 AM here...just home form a hospital call...and now I am gonna hafta go listen again for old times sake.

Date: January 16, 2006 21:24

I like the rough,tough out of tune,kind of Stones show with Keith ,Ronnie and Mick on the mic!!!

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: January 16, 2006 22:39

Sloppy shows from the Stones is what I like. What I do not like is "perfect" repedious versions of warhorses.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 16, 2006 23:26

I agree with BG, I don't mind when they are tuning their guitars and AMP's then you will get various concerts.

Nico

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home