Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: stones 1995 vs cream 2005
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: January 9, 2006 23:41

Cream had one hit, 'Sunshine Of Your Love' I think people get carried away with the 'names' in Cream. I think what they 'actually' produced musically as a group does not match the notoriety of the 'names' in the band. Look at what they produced, it was good but does it compare to what The Stones have done? Not Even, not even close.

I've only heard a few of the songs from RAH, BORING! I mean who the hell wants to hear 'Pressed Rat And Wharthog' live?

And if you want to talk about money, that's the ONLY reason Cream got back together, period. And if anyone thinks that's the ONLY reason The Stones are still here you're out of your mind.

The Stones have 'always' been a better live 'act' then Cream, and, they always will be, I don't care how many times Cream gets back together.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-09 23:43 by RankOutsider.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 9, 2006 23:41

i think peter townsend is not a fair exsample.. he is sometines not so tastefully dressed I think. I said grow old cracefully like charlie, and i mean that exsactly, He has very solid dress taste and i must say, it would be, like some of you call it "awesome " if all the members would turn up for a gig in suits and maybe a shorter haircut. it would blow the f. house down Im sure.

best
Dýri

Posted by: rocksoffKR ()
Date: January 9, 2006 23:44

The reason I attack Clapton's playing is that he tries to pass it off as if it were Cream. Sorry but it isn't the same enegery coming out of the amp. The Stones sound just as good, in most cases better than they did "in the glory days" or according to MLC when they didnt care about money. MLC the Stones put out an amazing performance 9/10 nights the other one night is still good but i admit with the number of shows they play they will have an occasional night when it seems it could be better. They want to get paid for what they do- you don't work for free either do you-and for what they put out they should get paid what they want. they arnt putting on some sub-par performance and ripping the fans like us off. i was just very disapointed in the qualitiy of performance by cream on the dvd. both are fantastic bands which we all can agree on, yet one should be performing now, while the other's music should be appreciated coming through our speakers.

also i don't know if richter directed the last post to me, but i didnt say anything about "white blues" what i ment was instead of creating his own unique style based on the blues music he adores, like he did in the 60's, he has changed his style to one that i personally don't find appealing nor creative

Date: January 10, 2006 00:11

energy : engery should not be a problem for a band with 4 gutarists, (mick and blondie as well sometimes), keybord, 4 horns and extra percussion from backupsingers, ?
and the most impresssive and porb. expensive soundsystem around ?

and I must say music is much more than energy. Even roclmusic. silence gives the sound significance. f.x in blues when you just hear the drums and the base, "the base dances on the drum ring" as somone put it, and the guitar takes backseat, with light strokes....

ough, shoot me ....

best
Dýri

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: January 10, 2006 00:18

Rocks - from what I've heard around here, the Stones are a hit or miss situation
depending on what night you catch them. As everyone says, they don't give
Ronnie any time to solo (for whatever reason) I saw them in 1969,72 73
and with Ronnie in 1975. Haven't seen them live since, but have seen alot of the Video's, one of their best(IMO) was when Eric joined them for; Little Red Rooster

they sure sounded good with a ass-kicking lead guitar on that song, and listen to the crowd!!! they appreciated it too!! MLC

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: January 10, 2006 02:24

MCDDTLC, whatcha got against disco?! LOL.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: January 10, 2006 04:34

CREAM PERFOMANCES ARE BRILLANT

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 10, 2006 11:14

Nice to see MLC is being his usual pleasant self.....
Firstly remove head from arse and secondly I look rather fetching in me Travolta Disco outfit.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: January 10, 2006 11:24

RankOutsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cream had one hit, 'Sunshine Of Your Love'

So? Led Zeppelin didn't have any hits at all.
Still sold more records than the Stones, though.

Look at what they produced,it was good but does it compare to what The Stones
have done? Not Even, not even close.

A matter of opinion, of course, but they were only around for 3 years!

> I've only heard a few of the songs from RAH

Maybe you should hear a few more?
Watching a gig on TV is just a pale shadow of actually attending, I mean, seeing a Stones DVD is hardly as good as being there, is it?

> And if you want to talk about money, that's the
> ONLY reason Cream got back together, period.

Totally disagree. Clapton certainly doesn't need the money. No doubt they will get a good screw out of the DVD sales, but they could have really milked it with a tour, if they wanted....and done it a few years beforehand. 37 years between gigs, and money was the ONLY reason they got back together? For 7 gigs?

And if anyone thinks that's the ONLY reason The Stones
are still here you're out of your mind.

With you on that one...but it's still cost me more to see them at Wembley Stadium than it cost to see Cream from about 50 ft. away at the Albert Hall.

> The Stones have 'always' been a better live 'act'
> then Cream, and, they always will be, I don't care
> how many times Cream gets back together.

Again, a matter of opinion, but Jagger's always been one for flashy showmanship, big stage sets with lots of props, loads of redundant extra musicians on stage. Cream were formed for the musical aspirations, not so concerned with putting on a show. So it's hardly surprising that they draw a bigger crowd.

Rant over!
Lee

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: January 10, 2006 12:00

>If they cared about the music they are producing on stage, they wouldn't
>worry about hurting Woody feelings and bring back Mick Taylor to kick their
>sound in the ASS!! My opinion
>
>MLC

I second that. I like Ronnie as a human and I know he has great problems with his health (i.e. alcohol, lunge) but musically he can't contribut any more to the Stones. But it doesn't matter at all as the bassman isn't any better as his playing isn't appropriate for the Stones...

At least Cream proves that you can just do it without backing musicians! Just the core band.

Date: January 10, 2006 17:49

Albett - you being 4 foot, 8 inches high, with a bald head & a pot-belly
doesn't make it in John T.'s white Disco suit....

So you can take your head out of your Arse now....

Love - MLC

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 10, 2006 19:24

How the hell do you know cuntybollocks....... You stalking me?

Date: January 10, 2006 22:01

Just saw your picture on Ronnie's web page - ha ha

MLC

Date: January 12, 2006 23:29

Yes, cream made some great music in their time

sunshine of your love
white room
i feel free..
im so glad
strange brew
sittin on top of the world
politican
amo

this, is in my mind "serious" rockmusic,
love it and respect it

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1044
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home