Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Multi-companies productions as Forty Licks
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 28, 2005 01:26

Forgive my possible mistakes. Forty Licks is a sort of coproduction featuring at least various tracks from Decca, Atlantic, EMI and Virgin Records. RS tongue, Decca and EMI logos appear on the disc. As for Atlantic, I do not know why it is not mentionned.

Could this help for a future release of an "enriched" Gimme Shelter movie or this other unreleased CD from the 1972 tour ?

I realize at the same time that movies "Let spend the night together", "Stones at the Max" and "Vodoo Loundge" do feature this mixture. So does it mean the "Alan Kein row" is finally settled ? In this case, why the extra songs on the Gimme Shelter 30th anniversary DVD are only non-Stones songs : Little Queenie, You gotta move and Prodigal Son.

Re: Multi-companies productions as Forty Licks
Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 28, 2005 07:25

My understanding is that the Stones, post-Decca, licensed their catalog to Atlantic/RS, Columbia, and now Virgin. The labels don't own those albums. That back catalog - as much as the new albums, perhaps - have enticed Columbia and Virgin to shell out the big bucks. Thus, 40 Licks was really an Abkco/Virgin cooperative venture.

Re: Multi-companies productions as Forty Licks
Posted by: The GR ()
Date: December 28, 2005 15:08

Virgin is owned by EMI.

The future will be downloads or DVD-A and, I assume, the original contracts don't cover this so don't expect any thing in the next 30 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home