Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The 'mystery' Swiss gig....
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 23, 2005 06:55

bv wrote:

"They have rules for how to treat animals, but not for treating people at rock shows"

actually in the US, there are no rules for how to raise animals for meat...any methodology is US - beating an animal is illegal but giving them no room, shelter, food or water is not illegal. off-topic i know but i don't want people to feel comfortable about factory farms, even for a second...

Date: December 23, 2005 20:39

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess this is the price we have to pay -
> literally, because the shows are up for bits. It
> is either 150 Euro at a small stadium nice and
> easy inside the city center, or 90 Euro far away
> on an airfield because somebody have to pay the
> cost of the party. So people spend 60 Euro on food
> and transportation and suffer and think they were
> smart getting a cheap ticket to a Stones show. No.
> Give me the real show at a real venue. Fields are
> for airplanes and farmers. Not for people.

Now I don't really get what you're trying to say - you think there is any difference between a field show and a stadium show? You think it means anything if you are 1 in 40'000 instead of 1 in 80'000? Well to me the difference is like smellin' hot shite or cold shite, really.

People that do like stadium rock shows aren't in it for rock'n'roll and I can prove that at every single stadium show. Just look how many of them are dancing. Just estimate how far away you are from the artist. And last but not least just look at the prize you paid for your ticket. Yes you're welcome to stand in the rain and in the mud and in the sun and welcome you are at the T-shirt-selling points. But they treat you as shit in the stadium as well as on the field.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 23, 2005 21:46

Did you ever notice that a stadium is built for people and a crowd? It has got entrances, toilets, doors, stairs and even chairs for people to sit in. Because people use to coe there for games. On a field show in rain you are left out on a muddy field with no chairs, endless queues for portable toilets and on your way home you are into one-time only transportation, made by improvisation. Stadiums are usually built in a city center and use to have some sort of public transportation. Fields are used for growing corn, potatoes and stuff like that, and don't need transportation or facilities. Best case you get there by bus. These are things you experience when you go to these shows.

Once inside there is no difference between a crowd of 1,000 and 100,000. I have been to Prague 127,000 people in a great show great crowd, and I have been to the Joint club show in Las vegas with 1500 totally boring VIP people in the crowd.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: December 23, 2005 22:04

Bjornulf,

do you have any thoughts on how the Rio show will compare to field shows? Obviously, it is right in the city, eliminating many of the transportation issues and there are restrooms already built at the beach.

I am planning to go to this show, but probably not to the Buenos Aires shows, at least not to the first show as I will be seeing U2 in Sao Paulo that night. I've heard such great things about the Argentine Stones fans, but the Brasilian fans must be prety similar, right?

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: December 23, 2005 22:04

mistake, was posted twice

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-23 22:05 by Halup.

Date: December 23, 2005 22:58

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you ever notice that a stadium is built for
> people and a crowd? It has got entrances, toilets,
> doors, stairs and even chairs for people to sit
> in. Because people use to coe there for games. On
> a field show in rain you are left out on a muddy
> field with no chairs, endless queues for portable
> toilets and on your way home you are into one-time
> only transportation, made by improvisation.
> Stadiums are usually built in a city center and
> use to have some sort of public transportation.
> Fields are used for growing corn, potatoes and
> stuff like that, and don't need transportation or
> facilities. Best case you get there by bus. These
> are things you experience when you go to these
> shows.
>
> Once inside there is no difference between a crowd
> of 1,000 and 100,000. I have been to Prague
> 127,000 people in a great show great crowd, and I
> have been to the Joint club show in Las vegas with
> 1500 totally boring VIP people in the crowd.

Ayee, I want to hear and see a band playing their music but all you guys think of are transportation and facilities.

I would go to the end of the world, in the deepest wood or in midst of the field if it rains if the group just only would do some decent show instead of this fascist mass gatherings at stadiums and festivals where you can't see the artist except on a screen where the sound is horrible where the people are unwilling to dance where they try to get your money whichever way they can. They think we are animals, yes. We are their cows and tehy are going to milk us, that's what they really want.

I can't get no satisfaction.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home