Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

free concert at copacabana beach
Posted by: straycat505 ()
Date: December 14, 2005 03:31

Tonight's the night! The Rolling Stones announced playing a free concert on the Copacabana Beach in Buenos Aires on February 18, 2006.

Reuters reports 'More than 2,400 police will be on duty in three shifts and streets in the Copacabana area will be sealed off, officials said'.

How, just how, do you get there? Does anyone know?

Re: free concert at copacabana beach
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 14, 2005 03:34

you could try flying to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil as thats where the Copacabana beach actually is.

You wont find it in Buenos Aires...

Date: December 14, 2005 03:38

Ahhhh, that's what you get when you're as excited as I am at the moment!
Sorry!

Alright, flying to Rio is simple enough, but getting into the concert, that's what the question was supposed to be about...

Date: December 14, 2005 04:05

its a free concert, so I cant imagine it'd be much of a problem

not sure if it will be a ticketed event if thats what you mean

at that size of an event, its hardly much point!

Date: December 14, 2005 04:17

If so, then why 'seal the whole area off' with 2.400 policemen? Surely there must be some kind of 'entrance evidence' that people should carry with 'm?

I'll be more than willing to travel to Rio to see the Stones play on the Copacabana Beach, but not if I don't have a guaranteed entrance to the beach!

Date: December 14, 2005 04:20

I guess theres a crowd limit on it. No doubt the ever helpful rs.com shall advise us in the coming days!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 14, 2005 07:01

There is no crowd limit on this show. It is sponsored and paid for. The Copacabana Beach is large, almost endless. Even if they have reserved some space for this show. During New years Eve they have 1.5 million people here. They don't tell you to go home. You are free to join in as long as you find some spoace.

It is a happening and not really a show. You will not have the best Stones experience sound and song wise if you go there. Like SarsStock - I was there - you will be one of hundreds of thousands. You may see the stage far away, and you may be with one of many extra pa systems, but you will probably not be in the front. Once a crowd is more than 100,000 or so your chance of being too far away is quite big.

Still, Rio will be party time and there will be a great crowd and some great happening there. I am just trying to tell that this show will be different. As many people seem to think that club shows is the only way to see the Stones.

Bjornulf

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: December 14, 2005 07:16

"Still, Rio will be party time and there will be a great crowd and some great happening there. I am just trying to tell that this show will be different. As many people seem to think that club shows is the only way to see the Stones."

Appreciate your point BV, but since only selected few have seen the Boys in a club environment and given the intimacy of the venue wouldn't it make sense to say this is the "only way to see the Stones"??- being a diehard of course...

Date: December 14, 2005 11:44

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>> Still, Rio will be party time and there will be a
> great crowd and some great happening there. I am
> just trying to tell that this show will be
> different. As many people seem to think that club
> shows is the only way to see the Stones.

well one thing's for sure in a crowd of 1.5 million and that is that for most people youre not going to 'see' them...LOL

a 'happening' is indeed what it is. Good point. Should be quite an event. When I heard about this show being rumoured I figured "ideal DVD opportunity". So it is.

Posted by: Jota ()
Date: December 14, 2005 14:44

Newspapers in Brazil say the concert will be broadcasted live and will be released as an official DVD.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 14, 2005 14:47

Maybe its as trustworthy as the free concert in London last summer?

Is it actually officially announced??

Posted by: Jota ()
Date: December 14, 2005 16:32

The concert was announced yesterday by the City of Rio de Janeiro in a press conference.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 14, 2005 16:56

Yes it is official. Not by the Stones but by the city. That is why I have been listing it as PROBABLY for weeks. When the Stones say it is a go it is CONFIRMED. But the Stones have booked their hotel and their travel dates are all set and their security crew is doing research there and it is as ready as my dog is when I am holding a piece of bread in front of his face.

The Rio hotels are currently being fully booked. One by one. I got this when trying to book one:

Dear Sir,
For the period requested there´s availability, but because Rolling Stones´ show we are requesting the pre-payment of two nights. The extra nights can be paid at the hotel. See below the rate applied: ....

Bjornulf

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 14, 2005 16:59

The Reuters story is posted on the rs.com News section.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 14, 2005 17:10

Still unvelievable even if I dont doubt any of you posters here.
So Jagger´s memory stretches itself exactly (max.)36 years backsad smiley?

I prefer these burglar prices before free concerts
(esp. when they are at other continents...smiling smiley).

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 14, 2005 19:31

Bjornulf try booking through Expedia.co..uk there are some good quality Hotels still available such as the Excelsior on Avenida Atlantica.

Reasonable flights from Rio to BA via Varig

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home