Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

rs.com code question
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 14, 2005 03:03

Pls could someone clarify: When you now buy a new platinum membership, do they send the code in an e-mail as before? Or do you only get the code after you click on "get tickets" once they go on sale? Thanks to whoever out there answers!

Re: rs.com code question
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 14, 2005 03:05

seems to vary. Both have happened to me in the last week!

Date: December 14, 2005 03:12

I should've known there was no straight answer to any questions about rs.com...

If by e-mail, how long after you joined did the e-mail with the code in it take to arrive? I just joined and got an e-mail to tell me so, but nothing about any code.

Thanks, Gazza.

Date: December 14, 2005 03:27

it arrived immediately - at the same time as my confirmation of membership e-mail arrived. However, I think ticket sales had started by that time. That was the 2nd membership I had for the European tour (still unused)

When I joined to get Wembley tickets after the tour was announced, they werent onsale yet and it didnt arrive. I had to activate the membership and decide what show i wanted before a code was allocated (not by e-mail, as I had expected). However, it wasnt there by the time the tickets went on sale so I missed out on decent tickets for Wembley #1 - so I passed and used it instead for Wembley #2

Date: December 14, 2005 03:42

Thanks again. All very mysterious. That is really bad that you missed out on Wembley 1 like that. I hope you complained to them! I've sent them several e-mails of complaint and they never give a straight answer to awkward questions - they just sidestep the issue every time. When I then complain about that, they don't reply at all! How do you activate a membership that's already been confirmed by e-mail? Is it by clicking on "get tickets" and then "get code"? I suppose all will be revealed to me sooner or later - though after your experience, I'm now expecting it to be later (i.e., too late!).

Date: December 14, 2005 04:14

Ive sent them previous e-mails which theyve never replied to (apart from the standard 'we'll get back to you' crap). They're a waste of sperm and egg, to be honest.

your membership is already activated I suppose, just go ahead and sign in

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: December 14, 2005 09:13

I bought a ticket for Cologne together with the platinum membership through ticketmaster; from them I received a confirmationmail that I would recieve a mail with password within 5 days from rs.com and guess what...only a virtual ticket entrance and the standard 'hi & greetings' signed by some Rich person, nothing else...

No reply whatsoever on my questionmails; rs.com sucks IMO

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 14, 2005 09:29

I didn't get my code for my new membership. I guess I'll get it when I log in in RS.com and push on the "get tickets" button

Date: December 14, 2005 09:37

But what if you (I) already got a ticket from ticketmaster...it's not really userfriendly to use an understatement

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: December 14, 2005 09:57

For a new code you have to be sure what concert you want to have.
If you buy a membership you do NOT get a code automatically. If you join before the release of the tickets you have to wait until the ticket realease and then go into "get tickets" when the time window is open. Then you get your code for that specific concert and you continue to book.
It's easy but expensive.

Date: December 14, 2005 11:03

Thanks rockingfan; so in my case I bought a platinum membership but I won't get a code because I already booked a ticket?
If that's true they're even worse vultures than I already thought...

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 14, 2005 11:08

"They're a waste of sperm and egg, to be honest."
(Gazza on rs.com)

Well put.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home