Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

e-mail from ticketnet.fr
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 9, 2005 17:46

I just got an e-mail from the french ticketing service where they ask me to fax them a copy of my passport (or my father's) and my creditcard (covering some numbers of course).

Can I trust these guys? Sounds a bit strange. Maybe because I bought tickets with my father's Amex.
And still complain about ticket prices :-)

Re: e-mail from ticketnet.fr
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 9, 2005 17:55

Sounds dodgy to me.

Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: December 9, 2005 18:04

oh no, not this shit again.. they did the same thing in 2003 during the Licks tour...

Posted by: tonym ()
Date: December 9, 2005 18:11

I've had this email having booked tickets on American Express. Having checked on the ticketnet.fr site the email address looks genuine although I think it is worth a call to the agency to double check it is ok.

Posted by: bo-sio ()
Date: December 9, 2005 18:24

Hi guys!
I've got the same E-mail!

But I haven't booked with American Express..what I have to do now?

Posted by: jimmyketchup ()
Date: December 9, 2005 18:27

They did this for people buying Dylan tickets at Amneville earlier on in the year, i guess its a policy to stop touts, etc..

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 9, 2005 18:29

Never heard of that before. Just send them an e-mail requesting why. This is not
a sound request. You paid via your bank card. Whatelse do they need ? If you cannot go thru the customs it is not their problem but yours.

Date: December 9, 2005 18:29

TIcketnet is not the only one. It happened to me in 2002/2003. Can't remember which ticketing service. Maybe ticketmaster uk.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 9, 2005 18:59

You're not supposed to never ever give that information...You should doble check it before faxing anything...

Date: December 9, 2005 19:12

This all sucks

Posted by: joelle ()
Date: December 9, 2005 19:30

I think they use this procedure with all foreign cardholders...
Don't ask me why though...

Posted by: jimmyketchup ()
Date: December 9, 2005 19:46

Because in France you need to prove your identity when you buy something with a credit card. You can send a photocopy of a passport with key details blocked out, leaving only the name and the photo, i think that is what the person ended up doing.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: December 9, 2005 21:14

It was also ticketnet in 2003. At least I had to do this for Olympia. I checked with my credit card company and they said it's OK.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: December 9, 2005 21:19

Hello. Does anyone know how quickly ticketnet.fr mail out their tickets. Thanks.

Date: December 10, 2005 02:03

No e-mail. I payed. So send me my tickets

Posted by: joelle ()
Date: December 12, 2005 13:30

I never need to show an ID card when buying something in France with a credit card... certainly because it is a credit card with a "chip".
Could also explain the additional requirements for foreign cardholders...
I know that Belgian friends had to produce ID in France when making a purchase and paying with CC... because their credit card did not have a chip.

Date: December 12, 2005 13:42

Well, I e-mailed them everything today. So hopefully everything is fine now.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: December 12, 2005 13:47

This is what I received from Ticketcom france. I did not receive such funny e-mails. This is strange

Nous avons le plaisir de vous confirmer que votre commande a bien été enregistrée et nous vous remercions d'avoir utilisé nos services
Your order has been taken into account and we thank you

Date: December 12, 2005 16:31

Just got a call. They will send me all 6 tickets today. olalala

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 12, 2005 16:35

I haven't got the passport request by ticketnet; should I worry they've not taken my order into account?!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Date: December 12, 2005 16:38

Wild Slivovitz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I haven't got the passport request by ticketnet;
> should I worry they've not taken my order into
> account?!

No, I don't think so. You can follow your order on there site BTW.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 12, 2005 16:44

"Your order has been well registered.
You will receive your tickets soon."

Thanks, Harm!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: Watts up? ()
Date: December 12, 2005 17:23

Hello people,

I saw this topic about ticketnet.fr on this forum and I immediately subscribed. I worked with ticketnet earlier and being a Belgian customer I received that same e-mail a few weeks ago. I received the e-mail after buying tickets for the Kaiser Chiefs in Lille. I was worried too because I don't like to give my passport and creditcard info over the internet. Anyway I checked it and talked to people who worked with ticketnet before. Ans I must say that it is save. Send them a copy of your passport and the first 4 numbers(not sure, check the e-mail for instructions)of your credit card by e-mail!!. I made a complaint about this way of treating customers, but they did not respond it. Anyway, two weeks later I received my tickets without any problem.

A friend of me didn't want to give his personal data over the internet and he DIDN'T received his tickets by mail service. He had to go to a local shop in Lille, somewhere in the ghetto of the city smiling smiley to get his tickets on the day of the gig. He received an e-mail just the day before the gig. Another customer mistreatment I think. So you better do it. You only have to do it once and it is written somewhere on their site that foreign customers can receive an e-mail like this just to be sure and to resist abuses.

Don't forget to buy cartickets for the car park nearby the stadium if you come to the stadium by car. Order them via ticketnet.fr too. Just use the search machine and enter "stade the france" in it and you'll find the parking tickets.

Have big fun with the stones, I'll be in the Stade de France too, somewhere in the frontpit, and I have bought my tickets via ticketnet.fr! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home