Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticketmaster is hacked!
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 30, 2024 19:23

Ticketmaster is hacked!
This seems to be not good at all.
We all have tickets and our personal information at this organization.
I was wondering if this also was already affected the sale of the new added concert in Thunder Ridge Nature Arena? I found it really easy to buy tickets. It is still easy to buy tickets for that concert. Completely opposite to all the pre-sales of the other concerts. And then in mind it will be a relatively small concert. Any thoughts about it here?

Re: Ticketmaster is hacked!
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 30, 2024 19:26

…and the data, including credit card info, of 560 million clients may be compromised. A legal name change to TicketBastards should be required.

[globalnews.ca]

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: May 30, 2024 19:32

Probably a good idea to change your password!

I doubt the hack is related to the ease of purchasing tix for the last show. It's not exactly in a highly populated area...

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 30, 2024 19:42

SomeTorontoGirl
…and the data, including credit card info, of 560 million clients may be compromised. A legal name change to TicketBastards should be required.

[globalnews.ca]

This is exactly how I always call them

TICKETBASTARDS

If my HEROES and a lot of other acts would not use the platform, I wouldn’t want have something to do with this scam site. With their idiot “platinum” self made up prices. If it not affected me and all here, I would think it’s hilarious that they got hacked….

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2024 19:46

Christiaan

Ticketmaster is hacked!

28-May-2024: "ShinyHunters hacking group has claimed to have breached Ticketmaster, stealing the personal data of 560 million users. The 1.3 TB of stolen data also includes payment details" - [HackRead.com] .

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 30, 2024 20:03

Christiaan
…If my HEROES and a lot of other acts would not use the platform, I wouldn’t want have something to do with this scam site….

Unfortunately, their owner Live Nation owns/controls many of the venues, which is one reason for the recent anti-trust lawsuit in the US. Hopefully other countries are looking at this too.

Date: May 30, 2024 20:11

SomeTorontoGirl

Unfortunately, their owner Live Nation owns/controls many of the venues, which is one reason for the recent anti-trust lawsuit in the US.

23-May-2024: "Justice Department Sues Live Nation-Ticketmaster for Monopolizing Markets Across the Live Concert Industry" - [www.Justice.gov] .

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: May 30, 2024 20:16

HACkneyed? Tell me straight…

Date: May 30, 2024 20:25

paulspendel

HACkneyed?

Hackers Diamonds winking smiley

Posted by: stonesurvive ()
Date: May 30, 2024 21:56

Irix
SomeTorontoGirl

Unfortunately, their owner Live Nation owns/controls many of the venues, which is one reason for the recent anti-trust lawsuit in the US.

23-May-2024: "Justice Department Sues Live Nation-Ticketmaster for Monopolizing Markets Across the Live Concert Industry" - [www.Justice.gov] a nation-ticketmaster-monopolizing-markets-across-live-concert .

Niiiiiiice!!!!!!!!.made my day...my back(was), but isn't hurting anymore. an extra !!!BEST EVER!!.now, does anybody have an extra Foxboro ticket????thumbs up

Posted by: stonesurvive ()
Date: May 30, 2024 21:59

.I was actually thanking paulsspendelr. , but their all great." I think I'll eat a horse meat pie"

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 30, 2024 22:05

Some useful advice

[www.tomsguide.com]

Over 500 million hit in massive Ticketmaster data breach — what to do now

Full names, addresses, emails and more Ticketmaster customer data stolen by hackers.

aying exorbitant prices for concert tickets is bad enough but now it appears that one of the most popular ticketing service providers worldwide has suffered a major data breach that affects over half a billion customers.

As reported by Mashable, Ticketmaster is the latest big company to fall victim to a data breach, though the firm has yet to confirm this. Still, a prominent hacker group is claiming to have stolen the customer data of close to 560 million of the service’s users.

To make matters worse, the group, which goes by ShinyHunters online (a Pokémon reference for those curious) , is selling all 1.3 terabytes of this stolen data for a one-off fee of $500,000 on a popular hacking forum.

If you’re a Ticketmaster customer whose personal and maybe even financial data has been exposed as a result of these hackers, here’s everything you need to know about this breach, along with some tips on how to stay safe after a major cyber incident like this one.

According to ShinyHunters, the group managed to steal all sorts of data from Ticketmaster but we still don’t know how they managed to pull off this feat.

Regardless, the 1.3 terabytes of stolen customer data contains full names, addresses, phone numbers along with order history information like ticket purchase details and Ticketmaster event information.

If this wasn’t bad enough, ShinyHunters was also allegedly able to steal partial payment data from Ticketmaster customers, which includes their names, the last four digits and expiration dates of their credit cards.

In addition to looking for more information on Ticketmaster’s blog and other online resources, Tom’s Guide has also reached out to the company directly to confirm what, if any, data was stolen by the ShinyHunters hacking group.

While we've yet to hear back from Ticketmaster, ShinyHunters does have a history of big data breaches like this one. For instance, back in 2021, the hacker group leaked the subscriber info of 70 million AT&T customers. Surprisingly, ShinyHunters' leader is the admin of the popular hacker forum BreachForums.

How to stay safe after a data breach

Even if you’re super careful online and practice perfect cyber hygiene, your personal and financial data could still end up in the hands of hackers, thanks to one of the companies you do business with. Whether it’s an unsecured database, an insider threat or even a malware infection, your data can then be stolen and sold off to other hackers to use in their other attacks.

Normally, when a company falls victim to a data breach, they usually offer some guidance along with free access to one of the best identity theft protection services. As Ticketmaster has yet to confirm whether it actually was hacked, we don’t know if the company will be providing complimentary services to affected customers.

Until then, you’re going to need to remain vigilant when checking your inbox, messages or even your mailbox, as cybercriminals could use the information exposed in this breach to launch targeted phishing attacks. Likewise, you're going to want to be using the best antivirus software on your PC, the best Mac antivirus software on your Apple computer and the best Android antivirus apps on your smartphone just in case any of these phishing messages contain dangerous malware.

With your full name, address and email in hand, they could impersonate other popular companies to trick you into giving up your passwords or even handing over your hard-earned cash. This is why you need to be very wary of messages from unknown senders. Don’t click on links or download any attachments they contain and you also want to inspect the sender’s email address to make sure a message is legitimate and not just another scam.

We’ll have to wait and see what Ticketmaster says about this incident, but we’ll update this story if and when we hear back from the company itself.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: May 30, 2024 22:10

I'm ANGRY

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 30, 2024 22:56

This is the hugest hack in a while. Did the hackers demand a ransom? Was it revenge, because half the planet despises Ticket Master? Will Mick and Company miss out on getting paid??? (joking)

Date: May 30, 2024 23:10

triceratops

This is the hugest hack in a while.

But not the first one: in spring 2014, 145 million user records were stolen from eBay, in October 2013 hackers accessed about 152 million user accounts from Adobe Systems and in December 2013 cybercriminals were able to steal 40 million payment card numbers and another 70 million customer records from Target - [www.cnbc.com] .

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 30, 2024 23:22

Irix
triceratops

This is the hugest hack in a while.

But not the first one: in spring 2014, 145 million user records were stolen from eBay, in October 2013 hackers accessed about 152 million user accounts from Adobe Systems and in December 2013 cybercriminals were able to steal 40 million payment card numbers and another 70 million customer records from Target - [www.cnbc.com] .

Thanks! And if I recall correctly, the Target hack was not even a hack of the online accounts that customers had with Target. This was a hack of customers in-the-store credit card transactions. Targets data on these transactions was hacked.
[www.zdnet.com]

Posted by: VenusLoon ()
Date: May 31, 2024 20:33

Thanks for the info. I have changed my password and deleted all my payment cards. So has everyone else in my family, hope its not too late. Was worried that tickets already purchased may be stolen (my daughter was particularly worried as we have 4 lots of Taylor Swift ticket across the family accounts).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home