Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Stones cities" in USA
Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: May 26, 2024 23:42

I've seen some fans coin the expresion "this or that city is a Stone City". I wonder what makes a city a "Stones City". Is Philly one of them?

Re: "Stones cities" in USA
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 27, 2024 00:18

Guess ya could say that Duluth is Like a Rolling Stone city .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: May 27, 2024 00:35

Rockman
Guess ya could say that Duluth is Like a Rolling Stone city .....

Ok Rock... now I have to google: Duluth

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 27, 2024 00:57

Rolling Fork, MS., too.

Posted by: Jimmer ()
Date: May 27, 2024 01:10

Philly for sure!

Posted by: BlueLands ()
Date: May 27, 2024 01:15

Greetings from TORONTO!

From drug busts to the Prime Minister's wife, Elmo club show, regular tour rehearsals, Michael Cohl & CPI . Palais Royale, Horseshoe Tavern, Danforth Music Hall, RPM (July 19, 1994] . Love You Live (It's Only Rock and Roll + Fingerprint File from Maple Leaf Gardens, June 1975 ]. The Rolling Stone magazine photo shoot for Voodoo Lounge masks. What else!?

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 27, 2024 01:29

BlueLands
Greetings from TORONTO!

From drug busts to the Prime Minister's wife, Elmo club show, regular tour rehearsals, Michael Cohl & CPI . Palais Royale, Horseshoe Tavern, Danforth Music Hall, RPM (July 19, 1994] . Love You Live (It's Only Rock and Roll + Fingerprint File from Maple Leaf Gardens, June 1975 ]. The Rolling Stone magazine photo shoot for Voodoo Lounge masks. What else!?

I really didn't know that Toronto is in the USA! smiling smiley

Captain Corella

Posted by: Sir Mick ()
Date: May 27, 2024 03:23

Greetings from TORONTO!

Well in that case I'll say London.
lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-27 03:27 by Sir Mick.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 27, 2024 04:21

Memphis, TN (blues) and Nashville, TN (country).

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 27, 2024 04:24

Jimmer
Philly for sure!

Seen them 2x in philly and the crowds were great.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 27, 2024 05:08

I would say you can't use the major cities NYC, LA, Chicago, Philly, Boston etc...but the secondary cities are where it really counts. That's where the real fans come out in cities where wages are lower and money is much tighter. When you get sellouts and rowdy crowds in those cities that says something.

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: May 27, 2024 05:13

San Diego : 12 concerts 1964 to 2015- one show cancelled 2020 (No Filter)

Two X-Pensive Winos concerts
One New Barbarians concert
Three Marianne Faithfull concerts

1969 first Rolling Stones concert attended.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 27, 2024 06:11

Sir Mick
Greetings from TORONTO!

London Ontario? Not that far from Toronto.

Date: May 27, 2024 06:40

Sir Mick
Greetings from TORONTO!

From drug busts to the Prime Minister's wife, Elmo club show, regular tour rehearsals, Michael Cohl & CPI . Palais Royale, Horseshoe Tavern, Danforth Music Hall, RPM (July 19, 1994] . Love You Live (It's Only Rock and Roll + Fingerprint File from Maple Leaf Gardens, June 1975 ]. The Rolling Stone magazine photo shoot for Voodoo Lounge masks. What else!? London Ontario? Not that far from Toronto.

You do realize that since 2005, the Stones have only played 2 shows in Toronto and that was in 2013. It's hard to believe but true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-27 07:07 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 27, 2024 07:11

rollingstone, minnesota

wikipedia

near rollingstone creek

population 678

that's 678 of the coolest people in minnesota!winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-27 07:17 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: May 27, 2024 09:27

delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-27 09:28 by 1963luca0.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 27, 2024 09:48

Little Rock

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 27, 2024 15:26

Sir Mick
Greetings from TORONTO!

lol

London Ontario?! Why not Kitchener?

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: May 27, 2024 17:27

Philadelphia is up there in the ranks. We loved it when they opened both the 1981 and 1989 tours here. Later we were one of the cities that got the full stadium, arena, theater triad during Licks.

Include Atlantic City which is really South Jersey/Philly territory on the south side of the Hoagie line. Above the Hoagie line is the North Jersey/New York territory where a Hoagie is a Sub and they follow the NYC sports teams (boo).

Plus you can easily drive to North Jersey from Philly and see both MetLife HD shows like I did. Woo Hoo!

HBK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-27 20:55 by HouseBoyKnows.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 27, 2024 19:51

Seattle. The band always seems to be enjoying themselves here. 4 years ago they changed their schedule & stayed an extra day after the show. We gave Keith an extra long round of applause at the show this year.

Date: May 28, 2024 05:48

I am not from Chicago and have never lived there but it is certainly a Stones City.

"a cold Chicago night"

They opened there 1997 tour in Chicago with two great shows.

The Double Door.

Chess Studios.

Live at the Checkerboard Lounge.

Not sure how many shows but Chicago usually gets more than one show.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 28, 2024 07:14

Per Jagger 39 times. This tour will be 40 and 41. 2120 South Michigan Avenue! I'd say as far as the U.S. goes, LA, NYC, and Chicago all seem to have been important to the Stones. Opening night at Soldier in both 97 (my favorite show that I've attended) and 2019 were amazing. Philadelphia would definitely be up there too. I love the Soundcheck show they did in Phili in 89.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 28, 2024 07:16

Stone City, Iowa

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 28, 2024 14:28

Atlanta usually gets a varied setlist - is it being the nearest major city to Chuck's home the reason why?

How about a Macon show.....

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: May 28, 2024 20:49

The Sicilian
Sir Mick
Greetings from TORONTO!

From drug busts to the Prime Minister's wife, Elmo club show, regular tour rehearsals, Michael Cohl & CPI . Palais Royale, Horseshoe Tavern, Danforth Music Hall, RPM (July 19, 1994] . Love You Live (It's Only Rock and Roll + Fingerprint File from Maple Leaf Gardens, June 1975 ]. The Rolling Stone magazine photo shoot for Voodoo Lounge masks. What else!? London Ontario? Not that far from Toronto.

You do realize that since 2005, the Stones have only played 2 shows in Toronto and that was in 2013. It's hard to believe but true.

I count 2019 Burl's Creek as Toronto

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: May 28, 2024 21:46

Excelsior, Minnesota 12 June 1964 for about 280 people at Big Reggie's Ballroom, Excelsior Amusement Park.
Big Reggie turned down the Beatles in 1964, but was able to get them at the Met Stadium in 1965

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 28, 2024 22:21

Paris

Date: May 28, 2024 22:47

leteyer
Paris

In what USA state is Paris in?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 28, 2024 22:54

The Sicilian
leteyer
Paris

In what USA state is Paris in?

Texas.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 28, 2024 22:59

bengigan
The Sicilian
Sir Mick
Greetings from TORONTO!

I count 2019 Burl's Creek as Toronto

I don’t. Could have gotten home from Twickenham faster.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home