Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
How soon will we get another new Stones album?
Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: May 17, 2024 05:40

Here’s a quote from Mick:

“We’ve recorded more than half of the next album,” the 80-year-old rock legend told the Brut interview. “We recorded 23, 25 songs in this session [for Hackney Diamonds]. And I’m going to write even more songs to record, to make a second album soon.”

How soon would you predict?

Re: How soon will we get another new Stones album?
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 17, 2024 06:53

Seventeen years, which would be a win.

Date: May 17, 2024 07:29

MKjan

It seems Mick wants to make things happen sooner than later. He’s very focused and is well aware that at their age, time waits for no one. I thought HD was great so I’m looking forward to another album.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 17, 2024 07:39

Soon said the moon

But seriously, look for the HD thread, there is some discussion about a follow up album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-17 07:45 by Koen.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2024 09:00

sooner thee better ...........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 17, 2024 11:28

keefgotsoul
Here’s a quote from Mick:

“We’ve recorded more than half of the next album,” the 80-year-old rock legend told the Brut interview. “We recorded 23, 25 songs in this session [for Hackney Diamonds]. And I’m going to write even more songs to record, to make a second album soon.”

Look at the tour schedule:

Seattle on the 15th to New Jersey on the 23rd - their longest scheduled break between shows - a few days to work on new tracks, finish unfinished tracks from the HD sessions?

Or just take it easy?

They've been taking it easy for a really long time. Andrew Watt kicked their ass.

Maybe 2 days working on material in NYC.

If they were really moved by what occurred with the HD sessions... especially after what they've gone through going back a few years... they can take it easy after the tour. That gives them the latter of July and the rest of summer, August, into the fall.

If they really want to do another album, as Mick touts... the window is really starting to close. The whole "oh they're so old yet they keep going" won't last much longer.

Here's something to consider: Keith SAYS whatever about whoever dying on stage, being whatever age... Muddy, BB, etc (no one Keith has ever looked up to died on stage, as I recall) but he won't go out like that. That's just idol worship.

These motherriffers keep going but it's going to end very soon.

They may work on whatever this year, during the tour, after... but nothing new will come out in 2024. They're not concerned with "Oh 60 is a nice round number, let's stop there" - it ends when it ends. 62 years? It's at 62, right? They're not interested in whatever at this point, and probably never were.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 17, 2024 12:59

A lot depends on how complete the remaining material is.

If the tracks just need a bit of fettling a late autumn release about a year after HD might be feasible but, as ever, its anybody's guess.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 17, 2024 13:20

keefgotsoul

Xmas 2025 .... earliest.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 17, 2024 14:05

Yes, 2025...at best !

And by that time the HD material will be 3 years old...will that work for Mick ?
The focus is on the tour but there's certainly been no mention of the "2/3" (or 75%) depending on the interview next album or of Andrew Watt.

I wonder if they haven't gotten over the "excitement" of releasing a new album and might not be that interested in another one. It doesn't even really "feel" like the HD Tour like it did for SW/VL/B2B/ABB tours. Just a "normal" tour with a few new songs, like D&G, OMS or LIIAGT.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 17, 2024 18:05

I heard MJ say 3/4's finished.

It's possible that in the intervening period before this tour they've actually already completed the recordings and it's just mixed/master time now and they are making plans for release with 48 different vinyl versions of the album being planned, including one for every NHL Hockey Team to coincide with the album's working title, "Ice Daggers".

So, if that holds, tour is done by summer, I'd suggest a Fall release to coincide with Christmas selling season and then European or Asia/Australia tour in 2025.

They're not going wait to release it as time is no longer on their side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-17 18:05 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 17, 2024 18:22

Treacle, how could you? By Monday, several clickbait sites will claim IORR reported ICE DAGGERS is the title of the new album.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 17, 2024 18:37

Rocky Dijon
Treacle, how could you? By Monday, several clickbait sites will claim IORR reported ICE DAGGERS is the title of the new album.

It's the echo chamber you have to aim for...once it gets "out there" and everyone's talkinig about it, Mick and Keith, especially Mick, will be spurred to album completion.

Look, if we do get "Ice Daggers" it even has that "frosty feel" making it perfect for the holiday season. I envision an amazing album cover and all sorts of cool clear/ice blue clear vinyl variations.

Date: May 17, 2024 22:48

I think Ice Daggers would be a great name for the new album.

Anyone third it?

quote=treaclefingers]
Rocky Dijon

It's the echo chamber you have to aim for...once it gets "out there" and everyone's talkinig about it, Mick and Keith, especially Mick, will be spurred to album completion.

Look, if we do get "Ice Daggers" it even has that "frosty feel" making it perfect for the holiday season. I envision an amazing album cover and all sorts of cool clear/ice blue clear vinyl variations.[/quote]

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: May 17, 2024 22:58

Screw it. Christmas ‘24 release.

It’ll drop mid November just to pick up sales for the festive market. I’ll bet my neighbours collection on it.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 17, 2024 23:18

keefgotsoul
MKjan

It seems Mick wants to make things happen sooner than later. He’s very focused and is well aware that at their age, time waits for no one. I thought HD was great so I’m looking forward to another album.

Yes, I do agree with you Keefgotsoul.

I think there is good momentum going on. Mick and Keith getting along, the success of HD, they seem to have fun in the studio, and as you say(they said) Time waits for no one.
I love HD and another record is a true gift to real fans.

Date: May 18, 2024 09:01

Mick was quoted as saying to Keith they should put a deadline on HD sessions to make sure they finished it within a certain time frame. I think that worked to their benefit because I consider HD a truly great album. They seemed very focused and there was no filler like on the last several albums.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 18, 2024 12:14

I'd rather have one last solo album each from Mick, Ronnie and Keith, as opossed to another Mick/ Andrew Watts solo album with Keith and Ronnie playing on it.

In my humble opinion Keith and Ronnie's last solo albums were better than HD.

I'm so surprised Ronnie hasn't made another solo-album since I Feel Like Playing. It was one of his best, really rocked and was so funky, it's hard to believe he hasn't made another solo-album in 14 years because Ronnie works fast.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-18 12:23 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 18, 2024 14:00

Weren’t they recording in Italy earlier this year?

Date: May 18, 2024 15:24

keefriffhards
I'd rather have one last solo album each from Mick, Ronnie and Keith, as opossed to another Mick/ Andrew Watts solo album with Keith and Ronnie playing on it.

I'm so surprised Ronnie hasn't made another solo-album since I Feel Like Playing. It was one of his best, really rocked and was so funky, it's hard to believe he hasn't made another solo-album in 14 years because Ronnie works fast.

It was a Rolling Stones album, with Keith and Ronnie all over it and it's great too. I hope we get another record. You, however, are a stuck record, repeating the same old complaints over and over, so maybe stick that needle somewhere else for a while ... !

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 18, 2024 15:32

MadMetaphoricalMax
keefriffhards

It was a Rolling Stones album, with Keith and Ronnie all over it and it's great too. I hope we get another record. You, however, are a stuck record, repeating the same old complaints over and over, so maybe stick that needle somewhere else for a while ... !
Almost all the songs were Mick’s.But it’s still a Stone’s album

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-18 15:39 by Taylor1.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: May 18, 2024 16:19

I hope we can get some solid information on the remaining songs.
I hope that other outtakes set gets released.that being said.
We are living on borrowed times..face it the rolling stones touring in 2024
is amazing ..2020 we didn't know what a new day would bring

Date: May 18, 2024 16:47

Taylor1
MadMetaphoricalMax
keefriffhards

In the 60s and 70s Keith was the more successful song writer musically, he showed he was arguably creating more Stones sounding music throughout Mick and Keith's solo ventures and that continued with Crosseyed Heart.
So why now does the latest Jagger/Richards/Watts effort centre around Mick's songs, songs that evidently don't work very well live.
I'd love to know what happened to the album Charlie was talking about that was shelved, they almost completed an album while working with Charlie that i imagine featured more Keith oriented offerings. ( less rock more roll )

Perhaps some of those shelved tracks will appear on the alleged almost finished new album.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 18, 2024 17:24

keefriffhards
Taylor1
MadMetaphoricalMax
keefriffhards

In the 60s and 70s Keith was the more successful song writer musically, he showed he was arguably creating more Stones sounding music throughout Mick and Keith's solo ventures and that continued with Crosseyed Heart.
So why now does the latest Jagger/Richards/Watts effort centre around Mick's songs, songs that evidently don't work very well live.
I'd love to know what happened to the album Charlie was talking about that was shelved, they almost completed an album while working with Charlie that i imagine featured more Keith oriented offerings. ( less rock more roll )

Perhaps some of those shelved tracks will appear on the alleged almost finished new album.

Because the proof is in the pudding and that means here that obviously Keith could not come up with enough quality material. I mean, if he did and Mick just rejected them we would have WW3 again and most likely no HD and HD tour. Possibly Keith used nearly all he had left for Cosseyed Heart and was relieved and happy that Mick could help him out for HD.

That the HD songs "evidently don't work very well live" is just your point of view, likely clouded by the fact that these are Mick songs, obviously something you simply don't like all too much.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 18, 2024 18:18

As anyone paying close attention would know it turns out Keith was more involved in the writing than was first let on. TMS and DMTH of course but also Get Close, DoY, WWW. Edited Angry as well. A lot more than on ABB.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 18, 2024 19:27

gotdablouse
As anyone paying close attention would know it turns out Keith was more involved in the writing than was first let on. TMS and DMTH of course but also Get Close, DoY, WWW. Edited Angry as well. A lot more than on ABB.

Yeah, for example, Keith had a big hand on how "Angry" and "Whole Wide World" turned to sound like. For the first he suggested the verse and chorus part to change places and re-worked the riff. For the second he suggested the beat changed from four hits to two per chord plus wrote a damn cool guitar riff.

- Doxa

Posted by: Racca1962 ()
Date: May 18, 2024 19:29

A bizarrely strange statement to make!!! Just be happy that a new album has been released, and above all enjoy the current tour.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 18, 2024 19:52

Doxa
gotdablouse

Yeah, for example, Keith had a big hand on how "Angry" and "Whole Wide World" turned to sound like. For the first he suggested the verse and chorus part to change places and re-worked the riff. For the second he suggested the beat changed from four hits to two per chord plus wrote a damn cool guitar riff.

- Doxa

I do and of course I know and hear that this is not just a "Mick solo album" with Keith (and Ronnie, by the way!) just reluctantly adding some "fairy dust" without any further emotional connection to the effort as our very own keefriffhards repeatedly claims.

I should have added this to my above reply to his post, but then again, keefriffhards lives in his own world and I preferred to reply in his world, of course without stating that his constant "Mick album" was actually true or at least something I would agree with him.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 18, 2024 19:58

The current record is barely out! Great record too, and for once, a perfect pressing from Universal on vinyl (and ditto mastering) It is way to early for another one. This summer needs Hackney Daimonds.

Date: May 18, 2024 20:05

retired_dog
keefriffhards
Taylor1
MadMetaphoricalMax
keefriffhards

Because the proof is in the pudding and that means here that obviously Keith could not come up with enough quality material. I mean, if he did and Mick just rejected them we would have WW3 again and most likely no HD and HD tour. Possibly Keith used nearly all he had left for Cosseyed Heart and was relieved and happy that Mick could help him out for HD.

That the HD songs "evidently don't work very well live" is just your point of view, likely clouded by the fact that these are Mick songs, obviously something you simply don't like all too much.

Wow, seriously, you think Keith has been so out of ideas for 17 years that all he could come up with for what eventually became Hackney Diamonds was "Hey Mick I've got nothing. I'm so pleased you got all the songs, let's make your Stones album".

That's some imagination you have retired_dog.

So when Charlie turned to Ronnie in an interview including both he and Ronnie and said " I don’t know what happened to the album do you" you think those songs were also Mick's and became HD. Interesting.

If you remember there were periodic comments from Keith long before they went into the studio to make HD where Keith kept saying they're working on the new studio album, a year later Keith says it's half way done, months later Keith says he and Mick have experienced very productive songwriting sessions. even Ronnie comments on this album, doubt Keith was making all that up ?

Keith said he had 3 killer riffs at the start of all this, those killer riffs didn't show up on HD.
What we got from Keith was Driving Me Too Hard and Tell Me Straight both ballads, no killer riffs, incidentally both not sang live so far this tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-18 20:09 by keefriffhards.

Date: May 18, 2024 20:59

Damn. Too much bickering on this thread.

I'll refrain from stating my opinions.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home