Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Song Vote Theory
Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: May 7, 2024 18:52

The consensus here is that the song vote is fixed, or fake, right?

How did we come to this conclusion? do we have evidence? or is it just a guess?

Honest question, not trying to be a smartass here.

Personally I think it is real, but I could be wrong of course

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-07 18:53 by dedospegajosos.

Re: Song Vote Theory
Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 7, 2024 18:59

I can't go into how I know but I do know that at least the Atlanta show in November 2021 was not a real vote, even though they treated it as such.
I can't speak to other shows but I suspect the same.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 7, 2024 19:24

In 2018 they made the votes transparent as you could see the results progressing on the individual social media platforms. In the end does it really matter if they're sticking to the most voted song 100%, 90% or 70%? Most of the time it's quite obvious which one will be played as the vote winner as it's mostly the most famous one.

Emotional Rescue was very often on the song selections for the vote song but I don't remember it ever won. Songs like LARS, LSTNT, Wild Horses and BOB win it 90% of the times they're on the list. To me this is quite plausible but I can think that sometimes they might Just want to play another song than the winner.

I could live without the song vote. They did it in the second have of the Sixty tour and played Wild Horses at 50% of the Shows. In the end we shouldn't take it all too serious.

My prediction for tonight? LARS 70%, Monkey Man 20%, both Heartbreaker and ER 5%.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 7, 2024 19:27

they ran thru what was essentially the set for houston on the last day of rehearsals with beast of burden played in the spot that the song vote song would be

and then when they played the show a few days later guess what song wonwinking smiley

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 7, 2024 19:34

I think early on it was legit in 1997 to about ?? I don't know. But probably at the latest I'd say 2013 and on it isn't legit. I thought in Houston they didn't even go through the charade of showing the winner on screen. They just went into Beast and then afterwards Mick mentioned that was the song vote song. You'll never convince me that opening night at Soldier Field in 2019 that You Got me Rocking beat out Out of Control, Respectable, and When The Whip Comes Down. I can't honestly believe You got me Rocking would beat out any combination of three other songs.

Date: May 7, 2024 19:34

ProfessorWolf
they ran thru what was essentially the set for houston on the last day of rehearsals with beast of burden played in the spot that the song vote song would be

and then when they played the show a few days later guess what song wonwinking smiley

Yes, that is suspicious but, why would they do this? what is the downside for them of it being real? Its always songs they rehaearsed and not very obscure ones at all.

I don´t see the benefit of going through the trouble of bullsh..ting the fans in this case

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-07 19:36 by dedospegajosos.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: May 7, 2024 19:46

I don't think it's faked.

Often having the least interesting song for hardcore fans to win the vote
is caused by the choice of the masses, who are glad to know at least one of the songs of the vote.

They have to offer 4 songs from the same "level".
Today in Glendale, it's 3 relative rarities and one well known sing-a-long song.

Either offer 4 rarities or 4 well known ones, but not a mix.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 7, 2024 19:58

dedospegajosos
ProfessorWolf

Yes, that is suspicious but, why would they do this? what is the downside for them of it being real? Its always songs they rehaearsed and not very obscure ones at all.

I don´t see the benefit of going through the trouble of bullsh..ting the fans in this case

well perhaps it's a coincidence or maybe they anticipated that it would be the winning song

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 7, 2024 20:05

hockenheim95
In 2018 they made the votes transparent as you could see the results progressing on the individual social media platforms. In the end does it really matter if they're sticking to the most voted song 100%, 90% or 70%? Most of the time it's quite obvious which one will be played as the vote winner as it's mostly the most famous one.

Emotional Rescue was very often on the song selections for the vote song but I don't remember it ever won. Songs like LARS, LSTNT, Wild Horses and BOB win it 90% of the times they're on the list. To me this is quite plausible but I can think that sometimes they might Just want to play another song than the winner.

I could live without the song vote. They did it in the second have of the Sixty tour and played Wild Horses at 50% of the Shows. In the end we shouldn't take it all too serious.

My prediction for tonight? LARS 70%, Monkey Man 20%, both Heartbreaker and ER 5%.

thumbs up Yeah.. that was very transparent voting and the various social media sites tracked the votes as opposed to any band involvement.

Doesn't matter to the conspiracy theorists tho.. Jagger controls everything in their eyes. Usually they'll yell loudly and wrongly that it's "rigged!" followed by zero evidence, and will discount the actual evidence. They occasionally toss the winner I'm sure, for various reasons, singing issues, went horribly at warm up etc., but by and large it's definitely a real vote imo cool smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 7, 2024 20:41

If you're not attending the concert you should not be allowed to vote.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 7, 2024 20:49

I think they should do away with the song vote. Just throw in something rarely played in that slot. Maybe they do it for entertainment reasons?

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: May 7, 2024 20:49

More Hot Rocks

Agree.

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: May 7, 2024 21:01

At the Houston show, Mick sarcastically said the vote was only from people who were in the stadium. Of course, he also forgot to say that Beast of Burden was the vote winner until after they had performed the song.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 7, 2024 21:03

More Hot Rocks

But how would you control that? Tickets can be resold.

Date: May 7, 2024 21:13

they should do it right there and then during the show. The song that gets most cheers wins. That woud be fun.

write this down Mick.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 7, 2024 21:37

dedospegajosos
they should do it right there and then during the show. The song that gets most cheers wins. That woud be fun.

write this down Mick.

Billy Joel does this and its kinda cacophonous. Its a fun idea but I don't think it works. The most recognizable song wins, which at that point the Stones could already just pick that cause they know. You might get a few nights where its a surprise, but largely I think it would bring the show to a grinding halt. Genuinely, does half that crowd know Monkey Man or Heartbreaker? I'd doubt it. A lot of people just go to shows by every band to see hits, and the bigger you get the more that is the case. The Stones don't do this with songs people largely know. Billy does it with two hits that makes it better but also impossible to really tell what people want to hear cause they know both.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 7, 2024 21:52

I like the idea with songvote. Keeps me involved anyway, whether they use it or not, i still think it is nice and keeps the fans (who want to vote) engaged.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 7, 2024 21:59

Topi
More Hot Rocks

But how would you control that? Tickets can be resold.

You can't. Thats the problem. You're right.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 7, 2024 23:33

It would be great if they continue the vote song, have the results on the big screens, and then say @#$%& it and do a random song not on the list. We would all need a little EMOTIONAL RESCUE after that HEARTBREAKER winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 8, 2024 02:44

I don't care much about the song vote.

Like Keith is saying, Mick is the singer, he decide what to sing. If his voice is not up for "Emotional Rescue" or "Angie", then some other song will end up in the setlist.

It is a gimmick, like any other social media activity, to keep people engaged. May be they can play the song that is winning, it would be great, I would love to hear "Monkey Man", it sounded great at the rehearsals, you don't get to hear it often, so it would be a true bonus.

I never vote, I want to be surprised, that's all.

Bjornulf

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 8, 2024 03:16

I think that Ronni’s setlists come out kinda quickly

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 8, 2024 08:37

Of course it's fake.

It's just one of others that they're interested in playing occasionally. Does the vote include new songs?

Why not make it a vote of new songs?

Date: May 9, 2024 06:41

It's fake.

It always has been.

There's no way they're just going to play something they didn't rehearse at all. Because if it's 3 songs that are a bit obscure and 1 that is a warhorse - or kinda...

Fake.

Probably all picked by Mick.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 9, 2024 11:54

I think they treat the song vote as a some kind of gauge of what is popular among the fans. They throw in some obscure songs and some popular songs to see if they are liked in this certain region. And whether they play them or not, it's up to them.

Posted by: BlueLands ()
Date: May 9, 2024 22:18

If I may:

Why not put the War Horses as the cyber vote! ?

1. Satisfaction
2. Brown Sugar
3. MISS YOU
4. Paint it Black

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 9, 2024 22:49

Aren't there more than 4 "war horses", though? smiling smiley

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 9, 2024 23:32

'97 PPV show, with special guests Dave Mathews, Taj Mahal, and Joshua Redmond...song vote was Waiting on a Friend in which they brought out the latter on sax. Seemed awful convenient.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 10, 2024 00:21

Yeah thay should done theee ole
King Curtis soul classic Memphis Soul Stew .....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 10, 2024 00:23

BlueLands
If I may:

Why not put the War Horses as the cyber vote! ?

1. Satisfaction
2. Brown Sugar
3. MISS YOU
4. Paint it Black

Brown Sugar won't ever be performed again unless, possibly, the Stones know it is the last show ever. SFTD would fit though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1482
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home