Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Leaving the day after the concert or stating an extra day
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: April 21, 2024 23:35

Just wondering if most of you are leaving the day after the concert or spend an extra day in the city? I know the time a flight leaves (6:00 am departure day after the concert won't work) makes a difference as well as the cost of an extra day's accomodation.

Re: Leaving the day after the concert or stating an extra day
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 21, 2024 23:50

I always felt empty staying an extra day after a gig. But the days before the concert are a lot of fun. Good luck with your plans.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 22, 2024 00:09

It depends what is happening the day after. I am staying til Monday for Jazzfest, leaving Vegas for Seattle the next day because I have tickets to see Warpaint in Seattle, leaving Seattle day after. Staying in NY for an extra day after show 2 to see friends in NY and LA leaving next day. Santa Clara close to home so next day as well.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 22, 2024 10:37

Depends on the location. Have sometimes gone straight from the show to the airport and hung around overnight! I normally don't stay an extra day though - once I've seen the show, my business is done.
syrel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-22 10:38 by syrel.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 23, 2024 07:12

Leaving the day after.

Getting there a day before though.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 23, 2024 07:25

Depends on if you’re going home or going on to another gig I think. I prefer the day(s) before a gig than the day after for sure. Sightseeing leading up to the gig is better than afterwards but if you’ve got another gig to look forward to then it doesn’t matter. That’s been my experience of it.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 23, 2024 12:50

Depends on the city. There are places where you should leave as soon as possible (Gelsenkirchen) and others where you should stay as long as possible (Rome, New York, London, etc.).

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 24, 2024 06:34

slewan
There are places where you should leave as soon as possible (Gelsenkirchen)

Some of us took this advice to the extreme and didn't go to Gelsenkirchen at all! winking smiley

Date: April 24, 2024 06:44

I usually head out the day after for the next city. I'd rather spend the day before checking out the city than the day after.

Once in a while I'll stay an extra day or two. Especially in cities with close friends.

If going overseas it's worth and extra day or two after the concert.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 24, 2024 21:53

In Europe I (we) usually go "home" the day after the concert (unless there are more concerts in one town like in 2002/2003). Some exceptions, when "home" takes more than a day or when family or friends live nearby. When seeing the Stones in the US (or Argentina, Abu Dhabi, etc.) we always combine it with a holiday of at least a couple of weeks. In 2014 we missed out on the Stones twice (Hanging Rock, Australia), but still had great holidays exploring parts of Australia and the Pacific.
Just do what you think is best or most interesting for yourself and fits your budget winking smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 25, 2024 03:39

Tim Ries and Bernard Fowler will be doing shows the day after the Stones shows, in the same city. I have three shows confirmed and three pending. I will check out the details, and publish all confirmed Tim Ries shows soon.

Personally, I like to move on, but the day after the show you are exhausted, if you can stay another night, sure it is better than moving on immediately.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 25, 2024 03:43

georgie48
In Europe I (we) usually go "home" the day after the concert (unless there are more concerts in one town like in 2002/2003).

My next four travels on this tour are 6h by car, 3h flight, 1h flight, and then 3h Las Vegas to Seattle flight, all direct. Even LA to Houston was a 3h flight. USA is so much larger than Europe, staying on the tour is easier than going "home", wherever that is, if you ignore hotel costs, being quite steep these days.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: April 25, 2024 04:00

bv
georgie48
In Europe I (we) usually go "home" the day after the concert (unless there are more concerts in one town like in 2002/2003).

My next four travels on this tour are 6h by car, 3h flight, 1h flight, and then 3h Las Vegas to Seattle flight, all direct. Even LA to Houston was a 3h flight. USA is so much larger than Europe, staying on the tour is easier than going "home", wherever that is, if you ignore hotel costs, being quite steep these days.

yup huge and close to zero passenger trains.
Texas alone is large. [ifunny.co]

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 25, 2024 04:06

BV, what are you plans for the one week gap between the Denver show and the 2 Chicago shows?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 25, 2024 09:34

bv
Tim Ries and Bernard Fowler will be doing shows the day after the Stones shows, in the same city. I have three shows confirmed and three pending. I will check out the details, and publish all confirmed Tim Ries shows soon.

Personally, I like to move on, but the day after the show you are exhausted, if you can stay another night, sure it is better than moving on immediately.

Now you have my attention. Vegas, Seattle and NJ and LA that will work for both nights.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 25, 2024 21:18

I leave the next day after show. Also arrive day or two before show.

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: April 25, 2024 21:39

A perfect concert travel schedule for me would be arrive the day before, and then stay 1 extra day after. Sometimes checking out and hitting the road the day after is rough.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 25, 2024 21:52

daspyknows
bv

Now you have my attention. Vegas, Seattle and NJ and LA that will work for both nights.

Daspy, in case you have not seen:
[www.ticketmaster.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home