Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Outlaw Music Festival 2024
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 27, 2024 16:47

Tickets on sale March 1

[blackbirdpresents.com]

Set Times

[blackbirdpresents.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-29 21:51 by bye bye johnny.

Re: OT: Outlaw Music Festival 2024
Posted by: HollywoodStone ()
Date: February 28, 2024 07:13

Nice! Just bought tickets for the first show in Alpharetta via Citi card presale.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 28, 2024 15:42

Grabbed Tix to Mansfield MA. VERY reasonable for this day and age and for this lineup. Good Seats (not super close, but good) - $112! Should be great.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 28, 2024 17:28

Seated "VIP Package" pit tix in San Diego are about half the price of a Stones pit ticket - with some merch thrown in.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 28, 2024 18:30

thumbs upthumbs up
two for Holmdel, NJ

Date: March 26, 2024 15:33

Willie's 4th of July Picnic will be in NJ this year, with the Outlaw lineup and more.

[blackbirdpresents.com]

Date: June 22, 2024 04:18

[x.com]

--

Get well soon, Willie!

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: June 22, 2024 04:26

bye bye johnny

[x.com]

--

Get well soon, Willie!

I echo that.

Please follow your doctor's orders exactly.

And I'll see you in five days in Virginia Beach.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: June 26, 2024 22:47

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: June 27, 2024 00:53

At this point, I'm wondering if he'll make the 4th of July picnic. His health and safety are of utmost concern. God bless ya, Willie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-06-27 00:55 by BFR.

Date: June 27, 2024 04:38

bye bye johnny

[x.com]

Lukas and band just came out here in Va Beach.

Really hope Willie gets better.

Dylan played 15 instead of 14 songs tonight.

Posted by: HollywoodStone ()
Date: June 27, 2024 05:45

We surely missed Willie last Friday in Alpharetta, but his son Lukas and his band can really play. Great set. Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi were the surprise guests with Lukas for the last 4-5 songs. We had a blast. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss were awesome and Dylan was Dylan.

Get well Willie!

Date: June 27, 2024 06:05

HollywoodStone
We surely missed Willie last Friday in Alpharetta, but his son Lukas and his band can really play. Great set. Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi were the surprise guests with Lukas for the last 4-5 songs. We had a blast. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss were awesome and Dylan was Dylan.

Get well Willie!

I heard about Derek & Susan down there.

Sierra Ferrill guested here tonight. I like her.

Date: June 28, 2024 23:19

June 28 update

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 29, 2024 17:36

Hoping Willie joins Tues. in Mansfield MA. Will add a post show report.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 1, 2024 18:27

Last night in NJ ...

Willie was not there, supposedly he's been cleared by his doctors to return to the stage for this week's shows. Willie's son Lukas led the Family band very ably. Similar voice and technique to Willie. Very impressive. Clear sound for this last set...

Dylan was Dylan... just okay. Muddy sound...

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss were really great and well received. Three or four Led Zep songs... Levee, Evermore. Rock & Roll

Celisse the opener

Date: July 1, 2024 19:39

Even though no one's gotten to see Willie so far, I'll still take any of the shows of this first leg of this year's Outlaw Music Fest tour, which have Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, over all the later ones, with John Mellencamp in the 3rd bill spot. I have little interest in seeing him.

If I'd never seen Willie before I'd feel different, I'm sure, but I've seen him twice before. (In 2004 with Dylan, in fact.) And as noted, Lukas has done great filling in. I've also been curious about Sierra Ferrell, and last week did get my first look at her.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: July 3, 2024 01:42

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: July 3, 2024 05:12

TheBluesHadaBaby
Even though no one's gotten to see Willie so far, I'll still take any of the shows of this first leg of this year's Outlaw Music Fest tour, which have Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, over all the later ones, with John Mellencamp in the 3rd bill spot. I have little interest in seeing him.

If I'd never seen Willie before I'd feel different, I'm sure, but I've seen him twice before. (In 2004 with Dylan, in fact.) And as noted, Lukas has done great filling in. I've also been curious about Sierra Ferrell, and last week did get my first look at her.

Absolutely, I saw Willie for the first time in 2019 when he was opened by Alison Krauss and she was utterly fantastic, it was very much a double headline rather than just a support act.

Date: July 3, 2024 21:37

Lukas Nelson Is Having a Moment After Stepping up for Ailing Father Willie During Outlaw Festival

By Lauren Boisvert
July 3, 2024

[americansongwriter.com]

--

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 3, 2024 23:29

WOW

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: July 4, 2024 01:27

I saw the show in Syracuse. If you like Dylan, it was very good Dylan.

Date: July 5, 2024 08:34

Willie's backsmiling smiley

[www.setlist.fm]

Date: July 5, 2024 09:07

Oh man - this set list is killing me. I went Tuesday in MA - last show without Willie.

Date: July 5, 2024 20:08

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: July 5, 2024 22:03

I was at the show last night in Camden. Willie was wonderful. He sounded much stronger than he did at the 90th Birthday celebration last year at The Hollywood Bowl. He was on stage for an hour, singing almost the whole time, but took a couple break while Lukas or other band members took over vocals. Lukas is fantastic in his own right. I feel very blessed to have gotten the opportunity to see Willie again. Just being in his presence and hearing his guitar is a thrill for me, but hearing him sing songs I’ve loved since I was a small child was nothing short of rapturous.

Date: July 5, 2024 22:52

Review: National treasure Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Picnic in Camden with Bob Dylan, Mavis Staples, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

All in all, it was a great day for the gerontocracy on the anniversary of the birth of American democracy

by Dan DeLuca
July 5, 2024

Elizabeth Robertson

[www.inquirer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-07-06 04:33 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: esqcjh ()
Date: July 8, 2024 17:31

I attended Saturday's show in Bethel NY aka Woodstock--& I was blown away. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss were great together--I'd seen LZ but his and her take on some of the old LZ tunes were very engaging. Crowd was on its feet for a rockabilly style Rock And Roll and their new single of When The Levee Breaks smoked.
I've seen Bob Dylan maybe a half dozen times since around 1977 and I thought I was done with him. This was a different guy--highlights for me were Little Queenie, Stella Blue and Under The Red Sky.
What can one say about Willie--he's a treasure and I am very happy I got to see him again. A recorded version of Living In The Promisedland was played during the stage reset so what a wonderful surprise when he played it live--or at least I believed he did as I was hightailing it to the parking lot at that point--place is huge and so worth a visit.
All three had phenomenal bands so go see this if possible--caught some of Celisse also so go on time if you'd like to see her.

Chris

Date: July 9, 2024 06:15

esqcjh
I attended Saturday's show in Bethel NY aka Woodstock--& I was blown away. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss were great together--I'd seen LZ but his and her take on some of the old LZ tunes were very engaging. Crowd was on its feet for a rockabilly style Rock And Roll and their new single of When The Levee Breaks smoked.

* Rock and Roll
* Gallows Pole
* The Battle of Evermore
* When the Levee Breaks

...are the Led Zep that Plant & Krauss are performing this tour, and I agree, it was great.

When young I never put in the effort to get to a Led Zeppelin concert, and have regretted that. I've also enjoyed Alison Krauss' music ever since buying her "Now That I've Found You" compilation cd in the 1990s.

So I'm very glad to have now seen this part of the 2024 Outlaw Music Fest, despite Willie having still been sick for the Virginia Beach show.

esqcjh
I've seen Bob Dylan maybe a half dozen times since around 1977 and I thought I was done with him. This was a different guy--highlights for me were Little Queenie, Stella Blue and Under The Red Sky.

...All three had phenomenal bands so go see this if possible....

Chris

Agree again. In Virginia Beach we had no sound problems at all -- sorry to hear schillid encountered that in Mass. From where I was Dylan was also very visible, although he did have lower lighting than Plant & Krauss had. I think that likely was to inhibit vidding him. On his Rough & Rowdy Ways Tour in theaters he had prohibited or locked up cellphones to prevent it, but he didn't have that amount of control as part of this tour.

Yes, this was a strong set by Dylan. 15 songs, he put himself into them. Little Queenie in particular did rock.

I did notice, though, when he came forward for bows he struck me as having more of a limp than he had when I saw him last fall during "Rough & Rowdy...".

As for upcoming shows, unfortunately the last of the Plant & Krauss leg ended last night in Hershey PA,

So only 3 concerts out of 26 (including the 4th of July show in NJ) got the Plant & Krauss-Dylan-Willie line-up.

Eight, including mine, got Plant & Krauss-Dylan-Lukas Nelson /w Willie's band. And, assuming Willie stays healthy, the final fifteen will get a Mellencamp-Dylan-Willie line-up.

If I couldn't see one of the three shows that just ended, as I've said, I'm happier seeing one of the first eight shows rather than the final 15 that won't have Robert & Alison.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-07-09 06:18 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home