Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Santa Clara CA (Near San Francisco) USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 29, 2023 13:42

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour 2024 show and travel here:

Santa Clara CA (Near San Francisco) USA

Bjornulf

Re: Santa Clara CA (Near San Francisco) USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 29, 2023 21:05

Closest airport to venue is SJC (San Jose), if you can get there instead of San Francisco.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 30, 2023 15:12

What's the best way roundtrip from San Jose airport to hotel near Levi Stadium? Thanks

Posted by: Dazgreg ()
Date: November 30, 2023 18:37

VTA runs from the Aiport to Levi's

[www.vta.org]

[www.vta.org]

Winchester Line

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: December 2, 2023 01:57

Crazy parking rates!!! Still looking...

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: December 3, 2023 18:37

Looking for a Start Me Up package. Email sgcub@comcast.net

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 4, 2023 11:59

sarahunwin
Looking for a Start Me Up package. Email [email protected]

Note that the fine print says the packages are non-transferable.

[www.axs.com]

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: December 5, 2023 03:54

Topi
sarahunwin
Looking for a Start Me Up package. Email [email protected]

Note that the fine print says the packages are non-transferable.

[www.axs.com]

Thanks. That sucks! I doubt somehow more will go on sale.....

Need info please
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 27, 2024 21:05

How far is Levi’s Stadium to downtown

Re: Need info please
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 27, 2024 21:30

To Santa Clara downtown 5 miles.
To San Francisco downtown 42 miles.

Google Maps can show you exact distances.

Re: Need info please
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 27, 2024 21:31

Thnx

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: June 21, 2024 05:03

Just a heads up that face value pit and floor tickets have become available for Santa Clara on Ticketmaster today.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: July 6, 2024 04:54

If anybody has a spare Lucky Dip ticket, I would appreciate the opportunity to purchase, please let me know and we can try to make a deal.

Thank you
David in Sacramento.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-07-06 06:37 by snorton.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 6, 2024 16:52

Does anyone have advice on how to get to and back from the stadium? I am staying
at the Residence Inn, Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley 1, which I think is about a mile and a half away by car, almost three miles walking. Looking further, I guess Uber is maybe the best option?

I'd be glad to join forces with other on this.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-07-06 18:48 by angee.

Posted by: estreetpicks ()
Date: July 13, 2024 20:42

I'll be flying in from Buffalo,NY... Ubering from SFO to the Marina district and picking up the Shuttle Bus from Westwood.(link below)

Flying right back first thing in the morning. I do have an extra Lucky Dip If anyone is in need and wants to meet up.

[www.eventbrite.com]

Posted by: DeadHead4Ever ()
Date: July 14, 2024 07:58

What time do they usually do the sound check?

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: July 14, 2024 08:14

estreetpicks
I'll be flying in from Buffalo,NY... Ubering from SFO to the Marina district and picking up the Shuttle Bus from Westwood.(link below)

Flying right back first thing in the morning. I do have an extra Lucky Dip If anyone is in need and wants to meet up.

[www.eventbrite.com]

Yes please on the extra Luck Dip.
Willing to meet up prior and pay for the ticket, will have a vehicle.
Will be in the area starting late afternoon.
David
norton7d@gmail.com

Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-07-14 08:15 by snorton.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: July 14, 2024 09:17

We'll be at this show, staying at the Marriot right by the stadium. We booked it before tour announcement knowing from last tour how crazy they would raise room rates!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 15, 2024 13:05

DeadHead4Ever

What time do they usually do the sound check?

"Soundcheck is one hour before doors open" - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 15, 2024 16:28

Opening act.. The Beaches talk about getting the gig.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 15, 2024 16:34

I am not riding the roller coaster this time!

Didn't they say they would not play this stadium again after the pyrotechnics issue the last time they played here?

Date: July 15, 2024 16:45

Christopher

Didn't they say they would not play this stadium again after the pyrotechnics issue the last time they played here?

No pyrotechnics this tour - so no issue playing there again.

Date: July 15, 2024 16:49

Irix, you are missing the point.

Management said they would not play this venue again.

I have been to every show of the tour. I know there are no fireworks.
Christopher

No pyrotechnics this tour - so no issue playing there again.[/quote]

Date: July 15, 2024 17:00

Christopher

Dunno what the RS management said back then - but you mentioned a pyrotechnics issue.

Date: July 15, 2024 17:16

[www.mercurynews.com]

Christopher

Dunno what the RS management said back then - but you mentioned a pyrotechnics issue.[/quote]

Date: July 15, 2024 18:00

Official Santa Clara T-Shirt & Poster:

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 15, 2024 18:09

Very cool poster...
Design works well on the shirt and the poster thumbs up

Date: July 15, 2024 18:30

Christopher

[www.mercurynews.com]

This 2019 article is paywalled - but can be read via Google Login plus ad-blocker.

"Rolling Stones’ team blasts Santa Clara for ‘restrictive and dysfunctional’ rules at Levi’s

The city rebuts many of the promoter’s claims

By THY VO | Bay Area News Group · UPDATED: September 12, 2019 at 3:23 a.m.

SANTA CLARA — Just when the controversy over an early curfew for Levi’s Stadium concerts seems to have quieted down, the Rolling Stones’ tour promoters stoked the fires this week following the rock group’s recent performance there. The curfew wasn’t the main problem in this case, though. After all, time was on the Stones’ side as they were able to play an hour beyond the regular 10 p.m. cutoff. Instead, two members of the Stones’ tour team who arranged the Aug. 18 Levi’s Stadium appearance blasted the city of Santa Clara for micromanaging and imposing 11th-hour changes that make the stadium “no longer worth the effort to play there.”

“…Do you not want touring shows anymore? The impression I and many others in the industry have, is your facility is getting so restrictive and dysfunctional, it’s no longer worth the effort to play there due to the myriad and random rule changes,” wrote John Morrison, site promoter and production manager for the Rolling Stones’ No Filter 2019 tour in an Aug. 23 letter to Levi’s Stadium general manager Jim Mercurio. Among the last-minute changes cited by Morrison and the band’s security coordinator, Michael Wozniak, the city cancelled the concert’s pyrotechnic show, requested the band’s structural engineer fly in to inspect the stage — cost, $6,000 — and did not allow stadium catering to feed the performers. “Then the no pyro at the last minute, when our pyrotechnician has done countless shows in the stadium as well as across America for numerous artists, without incident, only to be told if he disobeys the demand from the fire department he would be subject to black listing from the state,” Morrison wrote. “really, is this how you operate?”

City manager Deanna Santana rebutted the criticism, saying the San Francisco 49ers, which manage and operate Levi’s, “brought issues very late to the city’s attention,” forcing it to make decisions within very short time frames. “The City has a responsibility to ensure that events comply with building and fire codes, which it did and, it is unfortunate that the Forty Niners and Promoters view this regulatory function as excessive or micromanaging,” Santana said in an email. As for the stadium itself, Morrison complimented it and said he’d like to return “under more favorable conditions.” “Your facility is top notch, your staff commendable, and yet each time someone mentions playing Levi’s, we all cringe, knowing that some new rule will be applied to the show just before we either start loading in or before the show,” Morrison wrote. “I understand rules and regulations…but the great unknown or random rules makes for a hesitancy on the bookers’ part to play those stadiums.”

It wasn’t immediately clear whether other concert promoters feel the same way because efforts to immediately reach some of them weren’t successful. Wozniak, in a separate letter to the stadium manager, said the city pushed for “outlandish, and quite frankly, unsafe” security changes that were eventually abandoned, including erecting barricades around a standing room-only area he said would put “our fans at risk by corralling them into inescapable pens surrounded by bike rack.” “I don’t quite understand all of the over regulation and micro management,” Wozniak wrote in an email. “The touring industry has made note of the difficulties and uncertainties presented by the City and eventually will just skip your market.” Santana said the fireworks show was not cancelled, noting that the city received an application from the pyrotechnics company, Flickers, but not from the promoters, which was approved on Aug. 15.

“It is unfair and untruthful for the Promoters to blame the City, when their own application did not propose the use of fireworks and solely the use of Flickers. The City approved the application that it received,” Santana said in an email. Fire Chief Ruben Torres said the decision not to have a pyrotechnics show was “made by the performer/promoter based on the timing of their ‘run of show’ because the permit does not allow fireworks after 10 p.m. “The pyrotechnician chose to abide by the conditions of the permit issued by the Fire Department and did not launch any fireworks after 10 p.m.” Torres said in an email. To Wozniak’s complaint about using barricades in a standing room area, community development director Andrew Crabtree responded that the city discussed “multiple options” to ensure people wouldn’t block exit aisles and ultimately concluded the stadium could use tape on the ground to mark the aisles. Morrison also complained about a “last minute request” for the tour’s structural engineer to inspect the stage, which he claimed has never previously been required at Levi’s Stadium.

Crabtree said stage inspections are standard practice, and other concerts have the same requirement. The promoter knew about this before the permit was issued, some 10 days before the event, Crabtree said in an email. The two Rolling Stones letters were shared with this news organization by the 49ers, which operate and manage the stadium year-round. Rahul Chandhok, vice president of public affairs and strategic communications for the 49ers, said the complaints from the Rolling Stones’ staff reflect a combative city attitude that will ultimately hurt the stadium’s ability to book competitive talent. Referring to Santana, Chandhok said, “Her actions would have directly harmed concertgoers. Such stunts may appease Mayor (Lisa) Gillmor, but they continue to harm every Santa Clara resident.”

The 49ers have quarreled with the city over its management since the stadium opened in 2014, most prominently over the 10 p.m. curfew for weeknight concerts and 11 p.m. curfew on weekends, which they say will drive away high-profile acts. Earlier this year, the team blamed the curfew for a disappointing haul, saying its annual event revenue in the last fiscal year totaled $750,000 instead of the projected $5 million. A few large concerts at Levi’s Stadium, including a Beyonce performance in 2016 and Coldplay and U2 acts in 2017, have violated the curfew, resulting in small fines. British singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran, who recently set a record for the highest-grossing tour, reportedly cancelled a show at the stadium for his 2018 tour because of the curfew. The city meanwhile has defended the curfew, saying it spares stadium neighbors from disruptive late nighttime noise. The stadium is losing event revenue simply because the 49ers have managed it poorly, the city says.

The Sunday Rolling Stones concert was rescheduled after frontman Mick Jagger, 75, underwent heart surgery earlier this year. Although city spokeswoman Lenka Wright told Silicon Valley Voice on Aug. 20 that Santana authorized an extension of the curfew by one hour, Santana said Wednesday there was no formal deal to do so, although the city was aware the event would likely go to 11 p.m. because it was originally scheduled for a weekend in May. Gillmor responded to the criticism by pointing to other disputes over the 49ers’ management of the stadium. “The 49ers should spend less time criticizing others and more time learning how to follow the laws like those governing workers wages and the curfew, which they agreed to when they opened the stadium in 2014,” Gillmor said in a text message. In May, the city threatened to revoke the team’s authority to issue contracts involving stadium operations and cut its management fee over allegations the stadium failed to pay prevailing wage to workers."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-07-15 18:50 by Irix.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 15, 2024 19:15

MisterDDDD

They supported the Stones at Burl's creek in 2019 - I enjoyed them. Normally I can't wait for suport bands to finish - not so with Beaches - refreshing and catchy.

Posted by: Ellipooh ()
Date: July 15, 2024 19:18

EddieByword
MisterDDDD

They supported the Stones at Burl's creek in 2019 - I enjoyed them. Normally I can't wait for suport bands to finish - not so with Beaches - refreshing and catchy.

What a fantastic interview, now I’m eager to see how they sound

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home