Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 21
Lucky Dip Tickets 2024
Posted by: RG ()
Date: November 21, 2023 17:30

Is there any news about Lucky Dip sale for the upcoming Tour?
In the past tours this was a great success. I hope they will go on sale again..

Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2024
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 21, 2023 17:52

You and a whole bunch more of us. We are ‘assuming’ they will have LDs. We shall see.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:00

They will.

Toughest part trying for multiple shows all in the same time zone will be them all going on sale at the same time.

Multiple devices, multiple TM accounts, multiple phone numbers to verify TM accounts, etc.

Tough, but not impossible..I'm definitely up for the challenge smileys with beer

Date: November 21, 2023 18:12

Never I did not get lucky dips when I wanted to. Get enough sleep, be sharp, use multi deviced (on different browsers, incognito etc) and you don't need luck.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 21, 2023 19:13

I was always surprised how easy it was to get LDs. In a way much too easy…
The hardest part is not getting LDs but not to score nosebleed seats (results for LDs in Europe last year were rather poor (compared to 2017/18))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-21 19:26 by slewan.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: November 21, 2023 19:33

How does the process work again? Is the LD link just available on the regular sale page? I vaguely recall needing a special link. The only time I've ever tried was when I wanted to go to Buffalo but then there weren't any Lucky Dips because they are considered to be a lottery there (or something like that).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-21 19:33 by downagain.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 21, 2023 19:37

downagain
How does the process work again? Is the LD link just available on the regular sale page? I vaguely recall needing a special link. The only time I've ever tried was when I wanted to go to Buffalo but then there weren't any Lucky Dips because they are considered to be a lottery there (or something like that).

Yes. Only on the band's official site. Never on TM

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: November 21, 2023 19:41

Gazza
downagain

Thanks so much. And they are there at the same time as the general on-sale?

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 21, 2023 19:55

Thanks for the information. I've never been able to figure out how to get one. I sit in the nosebleeds all the time. I'd love to at least get a random shot at a good seat.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 21, 2023 20:18

downagain
Gazza
downagain

Thanks so much. And they are there at the same time as the general on-sale?

Correct.

Date: November 21, 2023 20:20

MisterDDDD
They will.

Toughest part trying for multiple shows all in the same time zone will be them all going on sale at the same time.

Multiple devices, multiple TM accounts, multiple phone numbers to verify TM accounts, etc.

Tough, but not impossible..I'm definitely up for the challenge smileys with beer

"If you're gonna play the game, boy, you gotta learn to play it right"

Never been shut out of dips. San Diego 2020 was a tough one. Of course it did not matter in the end.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: November 21, 2023 20:44

MY LD history so far:

- 2017: Düsseldorf: PIT
- 2018: Stuttgart: Innenraum (good seats)
- 2019: New Jersey: very bad seats
- 2022: Brussels: very bad seats
- 2022: Paris: field
- 2022: Gelsenkirchen: PIT

So.. sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, absolutely worth doing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-21 20:44 by RG.

Date: November 21, 2023 21:11

The way I see it you cannot lose. Worst case you're still in the building for 50% off the nosebleed price.

Date: November 21, 2023 21:26

RG
MY LD history so far:

- 2017: Düsseldorf: PIT
- 2018: Stuttgart: Innenraum (good seats)
- 2019: New Jersey: very bad seats
- 2022: Brussels: very bad seats
- 2022: Paris: field
- 2022: Gelsenkirchen: PIT

So.. sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, absolutely worth doing!

Berlin 2014 (Waldbühne) – worst possible block = great since the venue is so small
Hamburg 2017 - pit
Munich 2017 - pit
Düsseldorf 2017 - GA
Dublin 2018 - Pit A
London 2018 – Gold Circle (1st show)*
London 2018 - Gold Circle (2nd show)*
Berlin 2018 (stadium) – pit B (like nearly everybody who arrived on time)
Stuttgart 2018 – Gold circle (front block)*
Prague 2018 – field (far away from stage)
Munich 2022 – nosebleed seats
Liverpool 2022 - nosebleed seats (but free food and drinks!)
Amsterdam 2022 – nosebleed seats**
Brussels 2022 - nosebleed seats (even worse than the shows before)*
Paris 2022 - field*
Gelsenkirchen 2022 - golden circle (reserved seating/last row!)
Berlin – same as in 2014

* somehow made it into the pit (don't ask me how I did it)
** upgraded myself to gold circle (don't ask me how I did it)

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: November 21, 2023 21:33

I'm not sure it's fair to compare Europe Lucky Dips to USA. Seems like Europe has been better historically.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 21, 2023 21:52

cyclist
I'm not sure it's fair to compare Europe Lucky Dips to USA. Seems like Europe has been better historically.

I don't think it has Something to do with Europe/US. I think the chance of drawing Pit in general has declined over the years. I remember many pit Tickets on the 2019 US tour as well as on the 2017/18 European Tours. 2021 and 2022 it was way less pit Tickets.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: November 21, 2023 22:00

A Shidoobee polled people about their LDs. I don't know the timeframe of the poll, but this is how it turned out:

Past Tour location percentages
44% Pit
7% Reserved Floor
7% Rear Floor General Admission
11% Limited View Side Seating
24% Lower Bowl
2% Upper Bowl
5% In the Back

The high pit percentage drew some controversy, since results were self-reported. (Folks less likely to say they got crummy seats.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-21 22:01 by cyclist.

Posted by: Telly ()
Date: November 21, 2023 22:04

I've only done LD once. Atlanta 2021 and got Lower Bowl all the way in the back. Felt I did pretty good for the money. Certainly coulda been worse. Gonna try again this tour for Chicago.

Date: November 21, 2023 23:07

hockenheim95
cyclist

I don't think it has Something to do with Europe/US. I think the chance of drawing Pit in general has declined over the years. I remember many pit Tickets on the 2019 US tour as well as on the 2017/18 European Tours. 2021 and 2022 it was way less pit Tickets.

the ratio of pit tickets depend on regular ticket sales. The less regular pit tickets are sold the more are in the LD and vice versa.
For the show in Berlin pit tickets didn't sell well (799 Euros was much too expansive for Berlin). Thus most Lucky Dippers got pit tickets. At the counter that had a big stack of tickets (without envelopes etc.) just the way the had them printed. The tickets were not yet separated from each other. And the started handing out tickets from top of the stack – the first LD were pit B. Then they worked their way down.
I was amongst the first in line but after about an hour I went back to the LD entrance and asked people what the got – they still getting pit tickets

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 21, 2023 23:12

jahisnotdead
Thanks for the information. I've never been able to figure out how to get one. I sit in the nosebleeds all the time. I'd love to at least get a random shot at a good seat.

I always advise people to buy two pairs of Lucky Dips (ask the person youre going with to try as well if necessary). Doubles your chances.

Worst case scenario - you've paid (approx) $200 for two pairs of nosebleeds

More likely scenario - at least one of those pairs will be very good tickets. You should hopefully be able to offload the other pair outside - and if you cant? Well, youve still paid $200 for two good tickets when other people are paying maybe 4-5 times as much

Date: November 22, 2023 07:59

In Munich I used the two pairs trick, pulled Pit A on the first envelope, didn't even bother to look what the other pair was. Gave it away free to some college kids at their first Stones show. They later told me it was lower bowl seats they got.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 22, 2023 09:08

I was the test for the first Lucky Dips, at the 2013 L.A. show. Yes, got terrible nosebleed seats. Such a bad angle you couldn't see everybody on stage. We did get up and move to better ones. Found out later that those with bad Lucky Dips went to customer service and got better seats! Don't know if that still happens.

Date: November 22, 2023 12:53

24FPS
I was the test for the first Lucky Dips, at the 2013 L.A. show. Yes, got terrible nosebleed seats. Such a bad angle you couldn't see everybody on stage. We did get up and move to better ones. Found out later that those with bad Lucky Dips went to customer service and got better seats! Don't know if that still happens.

Search for my Prague 2018 LD story...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 22, 2023 12:59

Topi
In Munich I used the two pairs trick, pulled Pit A on the first envelope, didn't even bother to look what the other pair was. Gave it away free to some college kids at their first Stones show. They later told me it was lower bowl seats they got.

Only downside was the long wait...

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 22, 2023 13:12

It would make sense if the odds of getting pit tickets are declining, as it means that the promoters are getting better at dynamically pricing tickets as their dataset grows.

Personally, I'd look at venues with the highest priced pit tickets (eg Germany last year) as good options to buy LDs for.

syrel

Date: November 22, 2023 14:39

syrel
It would make sense if the odds of getting pit tickets are declining, as it means that the promoters are getting better at dynamically pricing tickets as their dataset grows.

Personally, I'd look at venues with the highest priced pit tickets (eg Germany last year) as good options to buy LDs for.

syrel

in 2022 they lowered the prices of pit tickets in Germany (there were 'just' little above 500 Euros while in 2017/18 they were 799 Euros)

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 22, 2023 15:02

slewan

in 2022 they lowered the prices of pit tickets in Germany (there were 'just' little above 500 Euros while in 2017/18 they were 799 Euros)

Yeah but they were lowered elsewhere too (at least in the UK), so Germany was still more expensive than elsewhere, IIRC.

syrel

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 22, 2023 15:03

slewan
syrel

syrel

That is true. Lucky dips in Germany were quite stable surprisingly:
2014 130 Euros
2018 139 Euros
2022 132 Euros

Date: November 22, 2023 16:40

schwonek
slewan
syrel

syrel

That is true. Lucky dips in Germany were quite stable surprisingly:
2014 130 Euros
2018 139 Euros
2022 132 Euros

I wouldn't call it surprising. In Germany are usually about 2/3 of the price of the cheapest ticket. In the UK the ratio is about 1/3 while in Brussels last year LDs were exactly the same price as the most sh*tty ticket (obstructed view) (which I scored with LD).
The only ticket prices that were lowered in Germany where the ones for pit tickets. But they were still much higher than anywhere else in Europe (as far as I remember) (just one example: in 2017/18 they were 799 Euro in Germany while at Arnhem they were just 225 Euros)

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 22, 2023 17:28

sometimes you need to upgrade your LD yourself smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home