Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Stones and Brian Jones' - Rolling Stones Documentary
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 6, 2024 20:51

Just caught this doc on a plane recently. Was a bit disappointed, though I guess there's only so much they can do with the footage they have from back then. Actually shocked how MUCH footage there is of Brian with them. Didn't have cameras all over in 1966, so I guess they make the most of it. Interviews and such were a little lacking. Felt like it doesn't paint an overall picture of him, just a lot of conjecture even though its coming from people associated with him at the time.

Didn't quite give him his due as much as I hoped. For example, I don't think it touches on his beautiful slide guitar work on No Expectations. But it did implore me to seek out those pre Aftermath albums for the first time in awhile, and definitely cool to hear about his contributions and then hear the songs themselves. Mick and Keith kinda needed to take over, but Brian is definitely hugely important to their story. The doc does a decent job portraying that, though definitely needs more of a boost to really be great.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 7, 2024 21:03

RollingFreak
Just caught this doc on a plane recently. Was a bit disappointed, though I guess there's only so much they can do with the footage they have from back then. Actually shocked how MUCH footage there is of Brian with them. Didn't have cameras all over in 1966, so I guess they make the most of it. Interviews and such were a little lacking. Felt like it doesn't paint an overall picture of him, just a lot of conjecture even though its coming from people associated with him at the time.

Didn't quite give him his due as much as I hoped. For example, I don't think it touches on his beautiful slide guitar work on No Expectations. But it did implore me to seek out those pre Aftermath albums for the first time in awhile, and definitely cool to hear about his contributions and then hear the songs themselves. Mick and Keith kinda needed to take over, but Brian is definitely hugely important to their story. The doc does a decent job portraying that, though definitely needs more of a boost to really be great.

Some of the footage, especially as a teenager, was amazing. He must have been traveling in high middle class circles. We didn't have a color movie camera growing up. Didn't have any such thing until the early 90s. I don't think there's any such film on the Beatles before they got famous. (At least I don't remember any.)

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 7, 2024 21:31

also very interesting other then the home movies was hearing brian singing

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: May 8, 2024 03:33

I found this very interesting and love bill w. Input..crazy 60 s

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home