Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Two years without Charlie...
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: August 29, 2023 03:24

This thread is about remembering Charlie Watts.
Let’s respect fans loss of Charlie.
Those unable to do that should take their other issues elsewhere.
We miss you Charlie.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2023 03:28

steffialicia
GasLightStreet
The Joker
I can't get over it

It's life.

They have.

Although "get over it" is a bit odd. Charlie's death has zero to do with you.

The Rolling Stones have moved with.

Who are you to judge someone's feelings?

It's not judging.

If you actually read what I said, I wasn't judgmental.

Date: August 29, 2023 03:31

Mariuana
Rocky Dijon
The Joker
Still...
Mrs or Mr Judgmental, referee of emotions and broken English
You must be very powerful

I get feeling like you were picked on. GasLight has spoken on the board more than once of having lost his wife a few years ago. Seen from that perspective, responding from a place of genuine grief where you lost someone you loved who also loved you is very different from missing your favorite drummer who you didn't know in real life and who didn't know you. Sometimes people aren't being judgemental or a tough guy, they're just being human and reacting.

That has nothing to do with his wife. That has to do with him being rude towards someone who experiences their loss the way they do. That was unnecessary. Not to say, that was inappropriate in the thread where people supposed to express their feelings towards Charlie's loss.

RUDE?

You know nothing about what you're talking about. I was never judgmental. YOU are the one that is being fake offended. Get over yourself, Mariuana.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-29 03:32 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: August 29, 2023 03:44

Deal with your pain and issues elsewhere.There’s help out there,and when you have dealt with them post again.No need to hijack this thread with your negativity.

Date: August 29, 2023 03:54

stargroover
Deal with your pain and issues elsewhere.There’s help out there,and when you have dealt with them post again.No need to hijack this thread with your negativity.

I stated a fact that's from any counseling/therapy anyone can get. It's not negativity. It's reality. Life. I didn't hijack anything. It's within context.

What's so Karenizing about saying "Move with"?

NOTHING. Except to the Karens of the world. The whisper and they're offended.

And... it's about someone expressing something about Charlie. I didn't attack them personally, just simply pointed something out, and how odd it seemed.

There's nothing OFFENSIVE about that statement of observation.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 29, 2023 09:31

I think Charlie’s passing has alot to do with us, well many of us anyway.
It’s a huge loss that we will never get to watch him play drums again, I liked watching Charlie play a great deal.

We will never see that moment when Mick introduced him and the place erupted.
To see thousands of people smiling and cheering, in a world where people do not seem to agree on much anymore that was a unanimous decision every time.

After following someone for decades you get a pretty good idea who they are. And we heard from his bandmates, other musicians, writers, producers, tour promoters etc that confirmed exactly what we thought, Charlie was a solid dude and a great person and the world is a lesser place without him.
We didn’t need him to stop by for dinner to know that.his life added something to our lives,so I’d say his passing meant a hell of a lot to us.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 29, 2023 09:38

in a world where people do not seem to agree on much anymore that was a unanimous decision every time.

beautiful line Lem .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: August 29, 2023 17:28

lem motlow
I think Charlie’s passing has alot to do with us, well many of us anyway.
It’s a huge loss that we will never get to watch him play drums again, I liked watching Charlie play a great deal.

We will never see that moment when Mick introduced him and the place erupted.
To see thousands of people smiling and cheering, in a world where people do not seem to agree on much anymore that was a unanimous decision every time.

After following someone for decades you get a pretty good idea who they are. And we heard from his bandmates, other musicians, writers, producers, tour promoters etc that confirmed exactly what we thought, Charlie was a solid dude and a great person and the world is a lesser place without him.
We didn’t need him to stop by for dinner to know that.his life added something to our lives,so I’d say his passing meant a hell of a lot to us.

Nicely stated. I think your sentiments resonated with a lot of folks here.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1320
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home