Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Twenty years ago (Munich 2003)
Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: June 9, 2023 00:37

Three amazing shows in six days in my hometown. Circus Krone was the best show ever for me! Ronnie was brilliant doing Can't you hear me knocking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-12 07:30 by bv.

Re: Twenty years ago (Munich 2003)...
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 9, 2023 01:08

I was in Munich that week and went to the Olympiahalle gig As well as well the "sauna gig" at the Cirkus Krone. It was quite a week indeed! What wonderful weather, lots of Stones fans everywhere, especially over at Augustiner-Keller which was packed with Stones fans knocking down liters of world class beer, and just 2 blocks from Cirkus Krone to boot. I was especially impressed with the band as they seemed to have brought their A game to both shows I went to. My God, it was soooo hot in Cirkus Krone. I was sweated completely through. Great setlist that night. At each concert I brought someone that had never seen the Stones, but were long time fans. One of my Austrian buddies and an old pal who is a lifetime local. They both were very, very impressed. The boys delivered.

Twenty years ago (Munich 2003)...
Posted by: DocChill ()
Date: June 9, 2023 11:02

...here you'll find audio & video files from Circus Krone - enjoy drinking smiley !!!

Cirkus Krone Munch 20 years a go today
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 8, 2023 22:20

Today 20 years ago 8th of June 2003, my pinnacle concert week of all times with The Rolling Stones ended with the concert in Cirkus Krone Munich.

The Mother Of All Concerts

I was there for 3 Shows with Fan Asylum. What a week!! What a show!!
Standing in front with no one in between Keith & Mick, Charlie confused smiley, Ronnie and the others and me when the show started smoking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out. My best show ever. What a setlist, the hottest show I attended ever and a lot more. Mick said to Darryl Jones it was even hotter than the opener in Toronto 2002. Marvelous. The stage so low and we so close to the barrier. I could touch Mick. But it was not allowed was told to us. But I did anyway. He jumped back, I thought oh my, now they kick met out…. Later Mick self gave me a high five at the end winking smiley. You can hear me shout in the recording of Nearness Of You when Keith said something like: I lay something on you tonight you might not know. I called: I know! He said something like: Yeah some of you have looked (early). This is one of the two songs of Keith played and the live debut of this song, which is only taped on a few bootlegs of him. Some songs of the show are used by the Stones in official releases. Like I Can’t Turn You Loose. Which was very very great. At the end they started it over again. And when they ended the song and Mick walked back, Charlie played on, forcing Mick to come back. What a finale of this concert.
But also all the other songs not often played were so great to witness. And so good they didn’t played the inevitable Satisfaction smoking smiley. Nice they played Worried About You, Stray Cat Blues, Everybody Needs Somebody To Love, Dance Pt. 1, That’s How Strong My Love Is, Goin’ To A Go-Go besides the “warhorses” (stupid word, but that’s what lots of people call them) Not to forget a great great performance of Can’t You Hear Me Knockin’. Mick playing harp on it, which he didn’t do all the time, like in 2022 were he didn’t. And Bobby Keyes playing sax and the others want him to stretch his solo even more, but he refused (with a smile smiling smiley)

The only show thus far for me coming close to this one was the Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, Florida, November 23rd of 2021 where I also stand in front of Mick & Keith and the others. Also a low stage and close to the barrier, but not as low and close as in Cirkus Krone. What setlist concerns, only Paradiso May 27th of 1995 was better for me. But that show I was sadly not in site of Paradiso, but only at the Museum Plein. But I’ve been to shows where I stood further more in the back and from the soundsystem…. cool smiley

I put in the link to the (professional) shot video below.

1. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
2. Tumbling Dice
3. All Down The Line
4. Sweet Virginia
5. Worried About You
6. Stray Cat Blues
7. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
8. Dance Pt. 1
9. That’s How Strong My Love Is
10. Goin’ To A Go-Go
11. The Nearness Of You
12. Before They Make Me Run
13. It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll
14. Can’t You Hear Me Knockin’
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Start Me Up
17. Brown Sugar
18. I Can’t Turn You Loose

Live debut for song 11.
Songs 7 (incomplete) and 18 released
on ‘Four Flicks’ DVD (Nov 2003)
Song 11 (incomplete) released on
'Rolling Stones Exclusive Fan Club
DVD’ (Aug 2005)

What a great concerts that week of The Rolling Stones cool smiley
04-06-2003 Olympia Halle, München
06-06-2003 Olympia Stadion, München
08-06-2003 Cirkus Krone, München (Best concert ever for me)

#CharlieIsToCoolForSocialMedia
#CharlieIsTooCoolForSocialMedia

Setlist info: [rocksoff.org]

The link to the professional filmed and soundboard, but as I know, not edited Youtube and as I remember it still to day grinning smiley

[youtu.be]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-10 00:08 by Christiaan.

Re: Cirkus Krone Munch 20 years ago today
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 8, 2023 22:25

See also here: "Twenty years ago (Munich 2003)" - [iorr.org] .

Date: June 8, 2023 23:04

Irix
See also here: "Twenty years ago (Munich 2003)" - [iorr.org] .

You’re right, how could I forget about that one.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 9, 2023 20:33

Christiaan, I believe that Hard Rock show in Hollywood, FL was on Nov. 23, 2021, not 11/21.
I know because three of us who were there from IORR celebrated our birthdays on that day.
cool smiley grinning smiley cool smiley Amiright?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 10, 2023 00:05

angee
Christiaan, I believe that Hard Rock show in Hollywood, FL was on Nov. 23, 2021, not 11/21.
I know because three of us who were there from IORR celebrated our birthdays on that day.
cool smiley grinning smiley cool smiley Amiright?

I believe you’re completely right! Did I type 21?? I’ll change it. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-10 00:07 by Christiaan.

Re: Cirkus Krone Munch 20 years a go today
Date: June 10, 2023 13:28

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1940
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home