Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What was that 1st Stones disco song prior to miss you?
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 15, 2023 11:30

Mathijs
The Rolling Stones were much more inspired by reggae, latin, samba, calypso, caribbean, funk etc.

Disco is inspired by all those styles. The main difference is the four to the floor, and for many tracks the walking octave bass.

I think the Stones only made one and a halve real disco track -Miss You and Emotional Rescue, the latter being much more Philly funk to me. And I think the same about tracks like Everything is Turning to Gold, Dance, Pretty Beat Up -these are all much more funk than disco.

Jagger himself has commented that their style of funk was much inspired by Charlie Watts going to the clubs and picking up the Philly funk style of drumming, a style he also applied to rock songs like Hang Fire, She Sold Cold and Start Me Up.

Mathijs
What about the You Got Me Rockin remixes they released in 1994.That is definitely dance music

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 15, 2023 12:58

Taylor1

What about the You Got Me Rockin remixes they released in 1994.That is definitely dance music

What about them? They are horrible!

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-19 17:50 by Mathijs.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2023 17:04

Mathijs
Taylor1

Mathijs

What about them? They are horrible!

Mathijs[/quote]

Well, garbage in, garbage out as they say.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 15, 2023 17:35

Taylor1
Mathijs
The Rolling Stones were much more inspired by reggae, latin, samba, calypso, caribbean, funk etc.

Disco is inspired by all those styles. The main difference is the four to the floor, and for many tracks the walking octave bass.

I think the Stones only made one and a halve real disco track -Miss You and Emotional Rescue, the latter being much more Philly funk to me. And I think the same about tracks like Everything is Turning to Gold, Dance, Pretty Beat Up -these are all much more funk than disco.

Jagger himself has commented that their style of funk was much inspired by Charlie Watts going to the clubs and picking up the Philly funk style of drumming, a style he also applied to rock songs like Hang Fire, She Sold Cold and Start Me Up.

Mathijs

That was not prior to Miss You.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 15, 2023 17:44

I’m starting to think that there isn’t any song.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 15, 2023 19:53

just because you can dance well to a piece of music doesn't mean it's disco
Damn, and to think, all those parties over the years when I thought I was disco'ing to You Shook Me All Night Long

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 22, 2023 20:44

Mathijs

I imagine that the Meters, with the impressive Joseph "Zigaboo" Modeliste, was surely also an inspiration, although it's clearly not a "disco" band.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 22, 2023 21:55

slakka

What was that 1st Stones disco song prior to miss you?

Maybe 'Ain’t Too Proud to Beg' (IORR album, 1974) comes close to the disco music style:

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 22, 2023 22:42

Irix
slakka

Maybe 'Ain’t Too Proud to Beg' (IORR album, 1974) comes close to the disco music style:

Ummmmm.......no it doesn't

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 22, 2023 23:45

slakka
Had a real Miami sound to it.
Think it was a b side.

And did you figure it out?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home