Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Lamer and lamer...
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 28, 2005 20:30

It just looks like the set list has more or less stiffened around some in and out for songs like Midnight rambler, Angie, Wild horses and Ruby Tuesday.

Still no She`s a rainbow, Winter, Till the next goodbye, Silver train, Low down, Dangerous beauty, or Memo from Turner...

Re: Lamer and lamer...
Date: November 28, 2005 20:32

noughties Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Still no She`s a rainbow, Winter, Till the next
> goodbye, Silver train, Low down, Dangerous
> beauty, or Memo from Turner...

I hope they won't bring these 3rd rate songs into their setlist.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 28, 2005 20:38

noughties Wrote:
> Still no She`s a rainbow, Winter, Till the next goodbye, Silver train, Low down, Dangerous beauty, or Memo from Turner...

And which of these did they rehearse for the tour?

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 28, 2005 20:54

these songs weren't rehearsed for the tour is why they won't get played, noughtie.
they have pulled out ATGB, DF, SV, PIB, a wierd slowed down version of 19th NB....and a pathetic attempt at Sway that was way too fast and which might now have doomed the rest of us to never get to hear this gem ever. that to me is the great tragedy of this tour; it sounded like an upbeat TAF.

F.U.C. the Captain Wrote:
> I hope they won't bring these 3rd rate songs into
> their setlist.
>

Winter and TWFN are NOT 3rd rate stones songs, Captain!!! Winter is one of their best ever. grrr. (okay, okay, perhaps i'm over-reacting since its obviously one of my favourites. differences in taste exist. if the song in question was "FUC the Captain", perhaps you'ld react similarly.) smiling smiley

the point is, that's not why they're not playing it live.

long live Sway!!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 28, 2005 20:58

posts like this are whats lame. if u don't like it, don't go!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 28, 2005 21:10

Stuck with Angie. Someone hasnt followed the setlist.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: November 28, 2005 22:12

Lamer and lamer...I thought that was a new Keith song;

Posted by: tomee ()
Date: November 28, 2005 22:20

Its only rock and roll and I don't like it? Go to a show, do alot of drugs, dance your ass off, and forget about the setlist. The Stones ROCK!!!! Its you that is lamer and lamer. Oh they tried playin a new one and the same idiots critisized them for that too.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: November 28, 2005 22:32

Memo From Turner? Keith would rather lose his fingers than playing this song ... have you ever heard them playing Winter live? Neither did I!

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: November 28, 2005 22:54

Songs not played that were rehearsed in Toronto (at leats according to Shidoobee):

Gimme Shelter
Love is Strong
Far Away Eyes
Under my thumb
Street Fighting Man
Harlem Shuffle
Just My Imagination
Some Girls
Going to A Go GO
Hang Fire
Hot Stuff
Respectable
Hand of Fate
Streets of Love
Neocon
saint of me
Little T 'n A
Rainy Day Women
thru and thru
love train
sister morphine
too rude
worried about you
thank you

and maybe even more songs, so there can still be more different songs played - probably in January we will have more new songs to come.......

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: November 28, 2005 23:23

tomee Wrote:
> Its only rock and roll and I don't like it? Go to
> a show, do alot of drugs, dance your ass off, and
> forget about the setlist. The Stones ROCK!!!! Its
> you that is lamer and lamer. Oh they tried playin
> a new one and the same idiots critisized them for
> that too.

hes right.

at the rogers center show, i was flying. it was a pretty predictable setlist.

but to us, the music was great.

Date: December 1, 2005 02:46

From the Dallas review by Edward Flynn:

If only they'd wander off the setlist more often, and give us some real surprises (TOO MUCH BLOOD? MEMO FROM TURNER? ONE HIT TO THE BODY? SOME GIRLS? many others...).

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: December 1, 2005 02:51

In the tour program, you can see a photo of Ronnie's hand drawn setlists and I Got The Blues is a song that was rehearsed, but not on that Stonesdoug list.

Date: December 1, 2005 07:12

Let It Loose was rehearsed also.They have played songs in the past that were not done during pre-tour rehearsals.I Got The Blues in '99 I think was an example of that.These songs that they are pulling out on this tour,when they do pull one out,are the same ones they've played numerous times in the last decade with the exceptions of As Tears Go By(three times),Sway(one time),and She's So Cold which was played at just about every '81/'82 concert.It's like eating the same thing for dinner every night.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: December 1, 2005 07:15

"It's like eating the same thing for dinner every night."

Well, sadly, probably the majority of people do that..... pizza, burger, etc.....

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: December 1, 2005 09:49

The set list drawn from Ronnie is a photo of the Licks tour by the way.
It is very obvious that we will get very little changes in the set list in europe. I can live with that. I am disappointed that there are really NO arena shows at all. That's a pity. It seems like they don't even move the arena stage out of America. I am nearly thinking of going back again and getting broke

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: December 1, 2005 10:53

If it wasn't for the internet hardly any of us would know the friggin setlists.

Who gives a shit?

A movie you might love doesn't change the f'n dialogue to please you each time it plays so why should a band?

This constant whining about setlists is incredible.

See them, don't see them - quite frankly I don't give a phuk.
Just stop with the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee old complaints about setlists.

For people that see them every now and then or perhaps once ever - they'd be satisfied.
And if you're seeing them to the point of being bored of setlists simply find something else to do.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: December 1, 2005 11:13

Konkey Man Myle,

I forgot to tell you, and this goes months back, that you're an ugly c*nt too.

nanah nananaaaah.

Date: December 1, 2005 11:17

winter Wrote:
> Winter and TWFN are NOT 3rd rate stones songs,
> Captain!!! Winter is one of their best ever. grrr.
> (okay, okay, perhaps i'm over-reacting since its
> obviously one of my favourites. differences in
> taste exist. if the song in question was "FUC the
> Captain", perhaps you'ld react similarly.)
>
> the point is, that's not why they're not playing
> it live.

I like "Winter" too and maybe it's the best of the listed songs and whatever is a "3rd rate song" anyway (but some fans here must accept that not all Stones songs are created equal).

I don't feel no need to hear songs like "Sway" or "Winter" live. I like the studio versions but I dont see the Stones putting any effort in the live versions. They just want to play them to vary the setlist. One-off renditions like "Sway" don't do no good. They should stop that. That's just ruining the reputation of good songs.

For example I absolutely hate their live version of "As tears go by". Keith doesn't even play it as good (or bad) as Johnny Thunders. No good. No good.

Posted by: salar ()
Date: December 1, 2005 12:20

noughties Wrote:
> It just looks like the set list has more or less
> stiffened around some in and out for songs like
> Midnight rambler, Angie, Wild horses and Ruby
> Tuesday.
>
I decited to ignore the setlist theses days..by not looking at it, so that I can not get that dissapointed with facts like:

down to 20 songs
1 hour 50 show
no new songs
the big songs seldom played ( MR.OOC,)

Posted by: tomee ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:54

I've been thinking about the big picture. Well the 5 shows I saw this tour every one of them Mick was incredable. His energy and focus were as good as any time I've ever seen the band. Keith has also been amazing! If playing a predictable and similar set list supports that how can I complain. In Salt Lake City Mick and Keith drove those war horses with such conviction that I and the very wierd conglomeration of people were totally won over. Leaving the arena every one was so energized and pumped up with the possabiltys of life. How is that bad? How can you find fault with that? Oka its not the show that some people want to hear but it works. What is the show that increases the quantity and quality of sex after the show? That is the big picture! Unfortanatly you got to go to the show to get the effect. Looking at statistics won't do any thing for you.

Date: December 1, 2005 23:18

The surprise effect is always thrilling. I am talking of experience.

Date: December 1, 2005 23:58

Hey,the same crap set lists are going to draw the same complaints.If there are to be different complaints,there needs to be different crap set lists.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1602
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home