Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

how often have they played satisfaction so far?
Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: November 27, 2005 21:15

i know, noone can answer exactly...it must be over 1000 times!? it´s so crasy.the same songs. must be almost the same with jjf, bs, and htw.

Re: how often have they played satisfaction so far?
Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: November 28, 2005 02:07

Keih has always said that they are finding new ways to play it, so i guess thats sort of an excuse to not get bored of playing it.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 28, 2005 02:26

We should have counted these often-played tracks, and celebrated when the did number 1000.
Who have the time (and knowledge) to do that? Bill Wyman?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 28, 2005 02:55

One too many.

Date: November 28, 2005 03:00

At least it has been given a break on some tours unlike some of the other warhorses.They can't leave their most famous song out of two tours in a span of less than 7 years but,I agree that they should replace a couple of other warhorses.

Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: November 28, 2005 08:22

i personally would also like to see some warhorses replaced. but most people going to to shows only want to hear these songs. when i saw the stones first in 2003 i was very happy that they played so many "known numbers".

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: November 28, 2005 14:12

This thing about finding new ways to play a soung...at some point it becomes a minus for the song. IMO JJF is suffering because of this "finding new ways" syndrome. You cna tell that Keith is trying to constantly turn those two main hits in the riff around. The two main hits in the opneing of the riff. To the point of where it doesn't make sense..

Posted by: sherer ()
Date: November 28, 2005 18:25

i must admit after hearing satisfaction played live a few times i prefer that to the album version.. my local pub keeps playing the album version and i'd rather they played it live.. much more energy in the live version

saw them at Wembley Arena on licks tour and the version of satisfaction just rocked.. had so much energy and life i was amazed to hear it like that.. far better than the studio version

would have been great to here the up tight \ satisfaction version with stevie wonder live too

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 28, 2005 19:01

monkey_man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i know, noone can answer exactly...it must be over
> 1000 times!? it´s so crasy.the same songs. must be
> almost the same with jjf, bs, and htw.

A few songs have been played more often than Satisfaction

Jumpin Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women and Brown Sugar would have been played more often

Tumbling Dice probably has as well by now...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home