Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Vienna July 15 Song Vote
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 13, 2022 23:40

[twitter.com]

--

- Let It Bleed
- Wild Horses
- Dead Flowers
- Sweet Virginia

[vote.rollingstones.com]

Re: Vienna July 15 Song Vote
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 13, 2022 23:57

smileys with beer- Let It Bleed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-13 23:58 by mariano.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 14, 2022 00:23

like in brussel, only one song that hasnt been played yet. the people will choose the wrong one anyway.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: July 14, 2022 00:55

Dead Flowers is my favourite song of The Rolling Stones, I never heard it live, so... Fingers crossed. But I love four of them, so will be happy from any choice! smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 14, 2022 01:30

Why always ballads? And most often the same ones? Song vote warhorses?

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 14, 2022 01:48

Let it bleed is the one for me!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 14, 2022 01:51

Voted Dead Flowers, though predict Wild Horses will win

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 14, 2022 02:48

Stoneage
Why always ballads? And most often the same ones? Song vote warhorses?

It’s really the only time they do a ballad in the show. If it’s not on the song vote it’s in the set list. Then the song vote will be a rocker.

Vienna Song Vote
Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 13, 2022 22:55

Sweet Virginia
for me please!

Cheers, Fillmore

Re: Vienna Song Vote
Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: July 14, 2022 00:57

For me too
please smiling smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 14, 2022 07:49

And me.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 14, 2022 09:00

Let It Bleed !

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 14, 2022 09:16

Let It Bleed
Wild Horses
Dead Flowers
Sweet Virginia

[vote.rollingstones.com]

are they running out of ideas? All these songs have already been in the song vote and three of them have already been performed on this tour…
(see: [iorr.org])

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-14 09:16 by slewan.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 14, 2022 09:54

I think Let It Bleed hasn't be played in Europe a lot within the last decades, has it?

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 14, 2022 10:18

Let It Bleed

Date: July 14, 2022 10:20

They feel like country

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 14, 2022 11:46

Stoneswolf
I think Let It Bleed hasn't be played in Europe a lot within the last decades, has it?

Last time in 2007. There are some songs they don't usually play in Europe, like Waiting On A Friend too.

Date: July 14, 2022 11:59

franzk
Stoneswolf

Last time in 2007. There are some songs they don't usually play in Europe, like Waiting On A Friend too.

the latter one was played at Berlin Waldbühne in 2014 and Jagger dedicated it to Berlin's new airport (which opening had been delayed by a couple of years)

Date: July 14, 2022 12:06

slewan
franzk
Stoneswolf

the latter one was played at Berlin Waldbühne in 2014 and Jagger dedicated it to Berlin's new airport (which opening had been delayed by a couple of years)

Yep, only three times IN HISTORY was WOAF played in Europe. And LIB only four times after 2000.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 14, 2022 12:30

franzk
[
Yep, only three times IN HISTORY was WOAF played in Europe. And LIB only four times after 2000.

That can't be right, surely? How about in 1982? I know Waiting on a Friend is very rarely performed, but I'd have imagined it's had more than three outings. You could be right, of course. I witnessed one of those rare Let it Bleed renditions at London's o2 Arena in '07, I vaguely recollect.

Posted by: beno ()
Date: July 14, 2022 13:19

Dead Flowers

Country songs rule :-)

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 14, 2022 13:39

Big Al
franzk
[

That can't be right, surely? How about in 1982? I know Waiting on a Friend is very rarely performed, but I'd have imagined it's had more than three outings. You could be right, of course. I witnessed one of those rare Let it Bleed renditions at London's o2 Arena in '07, I vaguely recollect.

It wasn't played in 1982. Only Werchter and Paris 2007 and Berlin 2014. Luckily I was at two of those.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 14, 2022 13:45

hockenheim95
Big Al
franzk
[

It wasn't played in 1982. Only Werchter and Paris 2007 and Berlin 2014. Luckily I was at two of those.

Goodness! Well, I wonder why it's so very rarely performed? It's certainly a fairly well-known number. I suppose it does go to show that the Stones could shake-up their set-lists that much more.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 14, 2022 13:51

WOAF is Waiting on a Friend?
Took me a couple of minutes to get it.
Sounds like Death Metal song.

Date: July 14, 2022 13:59

franzk
Stoneswolf

on the other hand: ask Americans about Dancing With Mr.D…

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 14, 2022 14:55

The most boring song vote I`ve ever seen. That means, I`ve probably seen it before.

Date: July 14, 2022 15:36

Big Al
hockenheim95
Big Al
franzk
[

Goodness! Well, I wonder why it's so very rarely performed? It's certainly a fairly well-known number. I suppose it does go to show that the Stones could shake-up their set-lists that much more.

There are some songs that they usually don't play in Europe for some reason. Love Is Strong was regularly played in America, Asia and Australia in 94/95 but in Europe 95 it was played only TWICE. Then it was again played on handful occasions in 98 (I think all of them were song votes) and then five time again in 2007. Little T&A was of course played in 82 but after that it was played again in Europe ONLY ONCE (in 2007) and numerous times in US.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 14, 2022 15:39

Wild Horses for me

Rod

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 14, 2022 16:13

slewan
Let It Bleed
Wild Horses
Dead Flowers
Sweet Virginia

[vote.rollingstones.com]

are they running out of ideas? All these songs have already been in the song vote and three of them have already been performed on this tour…

It looks like they're playing it safe with songs they know well. The Stones know and I've noticed the well-known songs work well in a stadium.

I remember during a recent tour, people went wild when the Stones started playing Honk Tonk and Miss You, etc... They screamed with joy, started dancing and singing along. They weren't listening to the music as they sang along, but they had a good time. There's always the record to listen to when they got home too!

Date: July 14, 2022 16:25

exilestones
slewan
Let It Bleed
Wild Horses
Dead Flowers
Sweet Virginia

[vote.rollingstones.com]

It looks like they're playing it safe with songs they know well. The Stones know and I've noticed the well-known songs work well in a stadium.

I remember during a recent tour, people went wild when the Stones started playing Honk Tonk and Miss You, etc... They screamed with joy, started dancing and singing along. They weren't listening to the music as they sang along, but they had a good time. There's always the record to listen to when they got home too!

I tend to think it should be the other way round: hearing songs at a concert that you haven't heard for a long time (or never before) and then (re-)discover them on record.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home