Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
To all setlist mourners !
Posted by: Jack-flash ()
Date: November 24, 2005 00:06

I can't hear all that crying anymore. Please stop with it !!

If you don't like the setlist, than stay at home and don't go to the show(s)!

It's impossible to fulfill your wishes! Please stop dreaming and come back into reality. Everything Mick and the boys do is wrong in your eyes.

You want them to play new songs - but once they rehearsal Streets of love you start crying. Also many of you say they don't like the live version of It won't take long.

You want other songs than the usual ones - They start playing As tears go by, which is for me a really big surprise - a real positive. But what do you guys do? You continue complaining.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS REALLY WANT ?

The only thing you want are the same old lame songs, the stones continue playing for the last three or four tours.

Who needs Shattered ? I can't hear that tune anymore
Who needs Bitch ? The first time I heard that song in 1998 I was really happy, but I don't need to hear that tune every tour again and again.
Who needs Live with me or All down the line?

But in every report on Shidobee you can read yeah live with me how great or wow shattered @#$%& great.

I know that tastes are different and that's a good thing. Also Europeans and Americans like different songs. But C'mon we all should be SOOOO happy that the Stones are still playing live shows, Really, really great live shows.

If they just play 20 songs it's still by far more than we could expect. And if you think the ticket prices aren't worth a visit, than stay at home. Also I'm not happy that they are so high. But I would never start to mourn. It's just the same as with the setlists. I would like to hear more obscure songs, but if Mick doesn't want to play these it's okay.

We can't change the setlist so please stop crying. Specially if your opinions are so weird, and you can never be satisfied.

Let's hope the boys will play many, many great shows. See you there

All the best

Philipp

Re: To all setlist mourners !
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 24, 2005 00:12

Let's hope the stage collapses on the Stones. No more dreadful, painful and shameful shows. The Stones anno 2005 are a disgrace for their own legacy.

Mathijs

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 24, 2005 00:12

Well, my friend, more aaaand more new ones are comming!!!Tha wait will be worth while.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 24, 2005 00:15

mathijs wrote:

>Let's hope the stage collapses on the Stones

are u out of your ever-loving mind???

Date: November 24, 2005 00:17

I'd love to hear many new songs. I think most of them are great, so don't hesitate and start playing them.

To Mathijs: Please do us all a favour and stay at home. If that's your opinion it's okay. But don't forget that every member of the band is at least 58. I would be very happy and proud to be in that shape when I'm at their age. Sure we've heard some better concerts of them in the past. But I'm still satisfied with their music, their performance and their concerts in general.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 24, 2005 01:09

>To all setlist mourners !

hey!!

we're setlist MOANERS, not 'mourners' ! (The concerts aren't dead, yet!)

Please at least get your insults right!!!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 24, 2005 01:33

Jack-Flash - you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. It seems a lot of people are NEVER satisfied with ANYthing and can't wait two seconds to find something new to start niggling about. And I can't believe it either when people who haven't been to a specific show start telling people who were actually there that they are wrong if they think something or other about it was good. HELLO.... That is ludicrous. Go to a show and then disagree with the opinion of someone else who's also been there all you want. Otherwise, lay off. And if you want the stage to collapse on the Stones, what are you doing here? If that's what you think, fair enough, but be true to yourself and go and do something less pathetic with your time than stick around here.

Posted by: tomee ()
Date: November 24, 2005 01:48

Its not setlist moaners its setlist morons. I hear Dave Mathews play alot of diffirent setlist you should follow his shows

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: November 24, 2005 02:17

''If you don't like the setlist, than stay at home and don't go to the show(s)!''

It's been too late, and a long time ago: tix are bought with sound dough on the basis of interesting set lists of recent tours. And we have every right to complain and comment on that.

''I'' am sick and tired of that tired, beat argument!!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 24, 2005 03:02

If you can't stand the moaning, stay off the board. Or start your own thread; Everything Is Perfect In Happy Fantasy Land.

I am overall pleased with how this tour is going, but I intend to continue moaning until and unless they start playing a few more new songs. 3 or 4 per show isn't cutting it. Should be at least 5-6. Now pardon me, I must go put on Howlin' Wolf's Moaning In The Moonlight and moan along with it.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: November 24, 2005 07:13

I predicted very early on in this tour, when the whining started, that the band would be over 40 songs by year end, and several people bet me on it... of course they haven't paid up.

Now I'm forecasting you'll see a substantially different setlist when the Stones come back from their December vacation... starting with those shows in January.

There will probably be at least 10 new songs, and certainly several new songs on REGULAR ROTATION.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: November 24, 2005 09:02

Jack-Flash you might be right that there are many mourners.
It seems like they put a set list on the grave without knowing how they played the songs. Still I can tell that I was really surprised by the sirit and quality of the shows and I am damn still looking if I can make it again for arena shows, but money has been spent to much.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: November 24, 2005 09:10

Go ahead, Jack-flash!!!

Hey, Stones 'purists':

If you're so knowledgeable, why the @#$%& haven't you checked out the setlists from the good ol'days ... you know, when the Stones played the same godamn set every single night?!?!?!?

And I know what I'm talking about, as I was there in '69, '72, '75, etc.

And as for pre-'69 shows, they didn't vary setlists at ALL!!!

Now let's talk about 2002. I know you don't wanna, seeing as how the Rolling Stones had a more diverse set than all previous tours combined.

... So now, in 2005 the shows are merely 50% more diverse than the old days.

I love Mathisj, but here's hoping his stage collapses on him.

He is (maybe just for the moment, because I love the dude) a disgrace to his legacy!!!

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: November 24, 2005 09:52

I think at their age they shouldn't be playing those big stadiums anymore. Bring it down a bit. Just a small stage in medium sized venues (10.000 visitors) and with a nice acoustic session in it. Where they would play 25 songs, mostly from their old albums and do some original Chuck Berry songs. Ticketprices are 50-75 euro's and they play each country 10 concerts in a row in the same venue. It's easier for them to travel, it's cheaper to organise. Everybody happy. Sorry I'm just dreaming.....

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: November 24, 2005 10:01

I basically agree with Jack-Flash. I thought this board is for Stones FANS not Stones critics. It's okay to critisize but, come on, some threads seem like being posted by Stones HATERS.
No one here is always right, everybody has his/her own opinion, and that's okay. But this constant whining about the bad bad set list makes me sick.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: November 24, 2005 10:29

ohnonotyouagain - I second your opinion.

Posted by: munich-hilton ()
Date: November 24, 2005 11:30

imagine there would be internet at 72/73 world tour: every night the same set list, there biggest tour would be there most boring, if you critize the setlist on the ABB tour, you should also throw away your Brussels Affair ....
Stop this shit...just be glad they still exist live...can`t wait to see them next year in Europe

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: November 24, 2005 11:53

Jack-flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't hear all that crying anymore. Please stop
> with it !!
>
> If you don't like the setlist, than stay at home
> and don't go to the show(s)!
>
(...)
> The only thing you want are the same old lame
> songs, the stones continue playing for the last
> three or four tours.
>
> Who needs Shattered ? I can't hear that tune
> anymore
> Who needs Bitch ? The first time I heard that song
> in 1998 I was really happy, but I don't need to
> hear that tune every tour again and again.
> Who needs Live with me or All down the line?
>
> But in every report on Shidobee you can read yeah
> live with me how great or wow shattered @#$%&
> great.
(...)
> And if you think the ticket
> prices aren't worth a visit, than stay at home.
> Also I'm not happy that they are so high. But I
> would never start to mourn.

There is a certain incoherence in your remarks. The only thing we want is the same old lame songs. We whine and cry, because that is what they play (?). And because they play it, you start whining as well, with the difference that you add that it makes no difference. Well, all whiners knew that. If it made any difference, whining would be called 'suggesting'. You're just like everybodyelse buddy winking smiley

Maybe I'm missing the point.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: November 24, 2005 12:40

Jack Flash,

>> If they just play 20 songs it's still by far more than we could expect

Great! So what may we expect for ticket prices of $475?? 5 songs? Oh Boy!

>> To Mathijs: Please do us all a favour and stay at home

If you write such a bullshit you should stand those comments.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: November 24, 2005 12:52

everyone has a right to moan about setlists - me included - they suck!

I admit these threads are done to death, but isn't that saying something about this Tour ???

Esky

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 24, 2005 13:04

Mathijs Wrote:
> Let's hope the stage collapses on the Stones. No
> more dreadful, painful and shameful shows. The
> Stones anno 2005 are a disgrace for their own
> legacy.
>
> Mathijs

I cannot believe you are capable of making such a statement. SHAME on you.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: November 24, 2005 13:34

What a bunch of babies that need their diapers changed. Sadly, they won't grow up until it is too late. Oh well, their loss.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: November 24, 2005 14:30

I'm somewhat amazed at people getting against Mathijs because of his post.
I think regular IORReans should know him enough to get that comment as an irony.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: salar ()
Date: November 24, 2005 16:44

To Jack-Flash:
First of all: You just critisize something , if you love it.
If I don`t love them I wouldn`t care.

You can see it in different ways:
being happy that the Stones are around in 2005 at all...
just the fact the band is still playing seems like a miracle...
so, saying something negativ about the band is like a sacrileg.

Or you may say: this band is in such a great shape , that I have the right as a hardcore fan to critisize them cause I think they can make it even better.
by the way: saying the setlist is bad is just an opinion..and we all know how difficult it is for the band to deliver a setlist which satisfies all of us.
Finaly it all goes to the hits...cause most people want them...okey.

BUT....what most of us on this board are moaning about is that the Stones are ignoring the new album on stage. That`s all.

To Mathijs: Ach Mathijs....what would this forum be like without having you on our site. I know you will go to all dutch shows at least...even in the stadiums...
so just hope that the stage will not collaps when you are there.

cu on ABB tour
salar

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 24, 2005 16:50

Mathijs Wrote:
> Let's hope the stage collapses on the Stones. No
> more dreadful, painful and shameful shows. The
> Stones anno 2005 are a disgrace for their own
> legacy.
>
> Mathijs

.....And let's hope you get Ronnie's guitar shoved so far up your ass you'll play an ASSymmetric scale every once in a while. You're a disgrace to any kind of fan-group. You wouldn't even be able to function on a Christina Aguilera fansite, 'cause you'd bitch about her when she dances a wrong step. Whiner.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 24, 2005 17:22

First of all I need to apolgize to you all, for my mistake. English is not my native language but still I shouldn't make a mistake like I did. So once again sorry and thanks to Gazza for showing me the mistake. So it's a moaner and not a mourner sorry again!

I know that it's everyones right to express his opinion. But in every second topic someone starts to moarn about something. And that's enough for me. I didn't want to critize someone personally, I just wanted to ask to please stop crying about the stones all the time. Just like Meise wrote: I thought we are all Stones fans here on this board, and not haters!

Surely I know that the times are hard, the ticket prices are very high and we all expect really much from the boys. But they just can't satisfy all our wishes. They need to please big audiences. A little part of these audiences are we - their hardcore fans. That's probably the only reason why they try something special out from time to time. The real majority of the crowd just want them to play all of their old hits. They just don't care about their new stuff.

But some people on this and all the other boards are dreamers. They want setlist that are just NEVER gonna happen. It's as sure as the amen in a prayer, that we'll get many hits like JJF, Satisfaction, Brown Sugar or Start me up. I know there are a few exceptions where they dropped one of these songs, but there's a real high chance that they are going to play all of them plus many more hits.

For me it would be fine too, if they would play more new songs. I've been to Boston for the two opening shows, and I wanted them to play some more songs as well, but it just didn't happen. Maybe I'll be lucky and catch some of them later on this tour.

But when they start to rehearsal Streets of love, many of you start to cry, Oh no not that song, it's one of their worst ever. Well that's your opinion. For me streets of love is nothing special. There are many better songs on ABB. But still I would love to hear that song once live. Who knows maybe it will happen.

@ Limbostone: Maybe I didn't point my arguments out enough. I just wanted to show that you just can't satisfy everyone. Many say that the play always the same stuff like the did just some years ago. But than the same guys are very pleased when the stones play excatly these songs. We all know they won't drop JJF, Satisfaction, BS... So they just can exchange the others. But exactly these songs are the ones people cheer when they play them. For example Shattered (played in 94, 02), Bitch (97, 02), All down the line (94, 98, 02) or Live with me (94, 99, 02). In my opinion the are the songs the Stones could drop. But I would never complain. They just changed one song in the setlist in Boston from day one to day two. But if they decide do to it this way, it's fine with me. So how can they change if everyone wants to hear the same songs all the time?
Maybe now my point is more clear.

@ RKnuth: Well 20 Songs is better than 18. I know they ask for big bucks to see them. But in Europe we usually even get less songs. If they would play more I wouldn't mind too, but we should never forget their age. And still they are playing around two hours every show, which is more than many younger acts do. (I know they ask for less money)

@ Bruno: I don't think Mathijs ment his comments ironicly. I've read too many negative comments by him to believe this.

@ Salar You're absolutely right, the band is in a real good shape. That's why we can demand more. But just like wrote, everyone is demanding something different, so they just can't satisfy everyone. When they tried out Sway, that was areal sensation. They really cared about our wishes. But what did people do? They just wrote how bad that song sounded and how worse Ronnie's guitar playing was. Next they try out As tears go by and people say we don't want that song that's not a stones song but one of Marianne. C'mon there must be something wrong here. They try to do what we want them to do, but still everyone is complaining. I'd love to hear them do sway again although I doubt they will

All the best

Philipp

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 24, 2005 17:26

Jack-flash Wrote:
> First of all I need to apolgize to you all, for my
> mistake. English is not my native language but
> still I shouldn't make a mistake like I did. So
> once again sorry and thanks to Gazza for showing
> me the mistake. So it's a moaner and not a mourner
> sorry again!
>

Philipp, me old mate

I assumed you realise my retort was entirely tongue in cheek...

Date: November 24, 2005 17:40

Gazza I got that, but still I shouldn't make mistakes like that. :-)

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 24, 2005 19:12

Meise Wrote:
>I thought this
> board is for Stones FANS not Stones critics.

For me it´s the same, a fan can and should criticize if he has the need to. Who if not he?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-24 19:13 by TooTough.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: November 24, 2005 20:23

The sad fact is that Stones lack creativity in their shows. Its 90% plain warhorse bullshit. No real fan can put up with that too long.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1683
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home