Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Thoughtful article re ticketing prompted by Stones Hyde Park gigs
Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: July 7, 2022 23:35

The Worst.
The Diamond Pit area was quite large, certainly bigger than the pit concept we've been used to from No Filter tours. Not so exclusive, in other words. At Hyde Park 2 I arrived about 18:00 and found a good spot not too far from the catwalk and stage. At this point, many people were relaxing in comfortable chairs, drinking champagne in the VIP Summer Garden or whatever it's called. Around 19:30 it started to get packed. A couple of ladies complained I was too tall. What do they want me to do? Minimize myself? My height is not my fault. A group in front of me told everyone they had been there since 1PM and thus expected to get their place back if they went to the toilet or whatever, but that can be a bit difficult when you're 15 metres from stage and it's just 30 minutes before showtime. They were bit angry towards a spanish speaking guy who "stole" their personal space that they had been reserving since 1PM.

This is the problem with the Diamond Pit VIP concept. The promoters present it as something luxurious and relaxing. This attract a lot of people who don't normally attend concerts and they expect space and comfort close to stage, and get annoyed when they experience a tight, packed crowd.

First time for me in the diamond, we got there around 17.30, needless to say it took us over an hour to get some seats and I must admit it was nice to have a drink and chat to other people in comfort.

I don’t feel the urge to get up front by the stage these days, but I have to admit I was shocked how packed it got and to be honest I went to the back by the admit/exit rails in the diamond area and that was still a bit uncomfortable I was thinking of last Saturday and the space I had etc.

Had the most greasy burger from the hard rock food outlet, but it was easy enough to get served for drinks and good to see Albariño being served that went down nice.
If I do it again, obviously I will know what to do.

The hotel included in the package was quite nice and a decent room included, only downfall the bar closed at 23.00 it would have been nice to chat with other stones fans, plus the breakfast wasn’t the best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-07 23:36 by Tumlin73.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home