Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Milan Italy 21-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 22, 2022 17:07

honestly GS sounds far from superlative. mostly, I would say, cause Keith's poor accuracy in the song key moments: intro and the part leading Chanel forward. She was different and really good given it was a first and probably on a short notice.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 22, 2022 17:10

ya, you're right, that You Got The Silver was nice

Date: June 22, 2022 17:32

agree, lovely YGTS and great job on MR as usual

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-22 17:34 by maumau.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:16

Random notes.

Cheap or not, the stage was beautiful.
Sound was superb. The enhanced dynamics were more subtle than in the past.
Beer at the bar on Ronnie's side of Prato Gold finished at 8.30. Nobody cared to inform those in the queue. Moments of tension ...
Loved the brass section on Miss You. Wild!
Also truly loved the live version of Ghost Time
There were way more than 55,000 people in the stadium. Stadium was packed way more than in 2003 and 2006. I have the "impression" that there were leaks in the admission ...
The female BU singers gave a great gospel touch. It made wonders on Dice
Mick and Keith seemed sincerely moved by the reaction of the crowd.
There was quite an audience also out of the stadium for the full length of the show.
Top 3 stage costumes: 1) Keith's shirt during his solo spot 2) Mick's red shirt with hood 3) Ronnie's orange T shirt

C

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:17

Love the sprint at 3:45

Milan Italy 21-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:35

Milan Italy 21-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:36

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:43

The HT clip that Nils posted… I know it can get a bit (!) over critical on here sometimes but that sounded pretty damn faultless to me… Keith’s guitar sounding great… I love the cheer when Mick sprints down the runway… we’re willing these people on aren’t we? Brilliant smiling smiley

Re: Milan Italy 21-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:52

bye bye johnny

Looks like a cool Stones shirt. Do they sell it anywhere?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:59

Ronnie seems to be wearing the Live albums this tour which apparently also includes the archive releases

Date: June 22, 2022 19:24

love it

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 22, 2022 19:28

Gram
The HT clip that Nils posted… I know it can get a bit (!) over critical on here sometimes but that sounded pretty damn faultless to me… Keith’s guitar sounding great… I love the cheer when Mick sprints down the runway… we’re willing these people on aren’t we? Brilliant smiling smiley

You can see his guitar playing better in Matt Lee's video.

Just to point out the most obvious Keith mistakes check for these timemarks: 0:31, 0:45 and 1:37.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-22 19:28 by yeababyyea.

Date: June 22, 2022 19:40

yeababyyea
Gram

You can see his guitar playing better in Matt Lee's video.

Just to point out the most obvious Keith mistakes check for these timemarks: 0:31, 0:45 and 1:37.

Yes but Matt Lee decided to film Chuck Leavell during Mick's legendary epic sprint

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 22, 2022 20:13

Great vocals by Mick and the Lady on GS.

Man, she has a powerful voice!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 22, 2022 21:26

NilsHolgersson

Unintentionally hilarious.

Date: June 22, 2022 21:55

Bastion
NilsHolgersson

Unintentionally hilarious.

what

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 22, 2022 22:15

Just watched Matt Lee’s video of Gimme Shelter on YouTube. Chanel Haynes was absolutely fantastic! Best version of GS I’ve heard in a long time. Perfect voice for it.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 22, 2022 22:34

I just watched Gimme Shelter from San Siro. Guess I fell in love. Dark, hypnotic, and just pumping away...ooooh..ooooh...oooohh...Dont want it to stop.

Mick barely danced last night in Milan…
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 22, 2022 17:22

And I LOVED it! He walked around the stage, obviously saving his energy for the singing. As he’s recovering from COVID and it was hot as balls, he needed the hr smartly conserved his energy. I felt like it classed up the show a bit. When he did dance, it seemed as if he was doing it because he was feeling it rather than because that’s how he practiced it.

I hope this continues. It was refreshing.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Re: Mick barely danced last night in Milan…
Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: June 22, 2022 17:40

I concur.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:35

Wasn't noticing a huge difference to the three shows before honestly. Wasn't there (was in Munich) but I watched all the videos. Generally he is dancing a bit slower and smoother these days than 10 years ago or so and not because he doesn't have the enery anymore but because I think he noticed it fits better to his age. And I agree that he looks more like he's feeling it these days (I think he really does and has a lot of fun). There used to be times when he rather seemed like he had to move as much as possible to deliver an energetic performance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-22 18:37 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:37

Isn't the only time he really dances these days during Midnight Rambler only?

Date: June 22, 2022 18:54

Topi
Isn't the only time he really dances these days during Midnight Rambler only?
Depends on what you define as dancing. Basically all of his performance is a dance in some way. But it's more that he just follows the natural movements the music inspires him to do. Not like he's actively trying to put on a dance performance, that's only on Rambler, sometimes a bit on Miss You and on OOC when they play it.

Date: June 22, 2022 22:42

I can't get over how clumsily deliberate the beat on Tumbling Dice is. That's not a groove really. Since it's obviously what's happening you as a listener yourself start to feel like the odd one out. I couldn't imagine how to move to it.

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: June 22, 2022 23:16

Amazing show last night.

A few ragged patches, mostly with song changes and band communication, but great nonetheless.

The 3 women in place of Sasha were fantastic too.

The crowd was just getting into the Ole Ole chant but Keith quickly went into his 2 solo songs. He wasn't on stage for the first half of Miss You, which was odd. And he was off stage for the intro of Gimme Shelter too. But he rocked.

Mick was on fire. Ageless. And he had the stadium in the palm of his hand. Nobody can outperform him.

Not sure how to post pics here, but the pit was a blast and so fun to see the band up close.

Can't wait to see them again.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-22 23:19 by Dalgtor.

Date: June 22, 2022 23:23

Nikkei
I can't get over how clumsily deliberate the beat on Tumbling Dice is. That's not a groove really. Since it's obviously what's happening you as a listener yourself start to feel like the odd one out. I couldn't imagine how to move to it.
Know what you mean. I think it's the bassdrum. That hit ahead of the first beat of a bar. Charlie never did that live. He did it on the original recording but more varied and sometimes with a second basa drum beat after that one.

Still I think it grooves a lot better than last year, has improved a lot. More relaxed.

Date: June 22, 2022 23:31

First time Mick didn't post any city sightseeing pics on his facebook, maybe he's taking it easy because of the rona

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 22, 2022 23:37

Bjorn
I just watched Gimme Shelter from San Siro. Guess I fell in love. Dark, hypnotic, and just pumping away...ooooh..ooooh...oooohh...Dont want it to stop.

Yeah that really kicked ass and took it to another level, and oh my those legs.winking smiley

Date: June 22, 2022 23:38

StonedRambler
Nikkei
Know what you mean. I think it's the bassdrum. That hit ahead of the first beat of a bar. Charlie never did that live. He did it on the original recording but more varied and sometimes with a second basa drum beat after that one.

Still I think it grooves a lot better than last year, has improved a lot. More relaxed.

Yes I couldn't pinpoint it exactly but it would make sense that if a drummer plays like that it would determine all his other moves and fills he might attempt into that framework. I've often looked at regular drummers thinking that if they tried fills like Charlie it would derail their whole game in a second.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 23, 2022 00:09

Found out Via Google that Chanelle Haynes (note spelling of first name) is Nelly's 28 year old daughter, who apparently sings. The gal who slayed it onstage with Mick last night is Chanel Haynes. Ronnie misspelled Chanel's first name on his setlist artwork.

more info: [www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-23 00:10 by Plink.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1360
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home