Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: American Music Awards
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 23, 2005 05:52

Yeah the first minute sounded shaky.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: November 23, 2005 05:56

Well, they were playing a mean version of It's Only Rock and Roll...great guitars and all...

AND THEN THE FEED CUT OFF!

Date: November 23, 2005 06:00

IM PISSED

Posted by: cc ()
Date: November 23, 2005 06:01

Yeah - mick had just joked in between songs that on tv, you never know if they're cutting you off early. "Are the credits rolling already?" he said.

"Rain Fall Down" was shaky - I hope that won't be its last performance. They got it back together, but that song doesn't build to a climax or anything, so all they could hope for was to right the ship. I think it was mick's guitar out of tune... keith didn't look very happy, and then he was playing FIERCELY on "IORR."

Pretty nice bridge on "Rain Fall Down."

cc

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: November 23, 2005 06:01

That version of Rain Fall Down is extended and awesome live! Heard it in Vegas and thought Daryl's bass was incredible. They nailed it there, but definitely muffed the beginning but recovered nicely.

That guitar riffing you heard on IORR is what you're hearing these days...Keith's on fire and Ronnie is quite able to keep up with moments of brilliance.

Date: November 23, 2005 06:03

darryl had a little solo on "RFD." Nice licks, but I wasn't crazy about the chorus-like effect on his bass.

Date: November 23, 2005 06:04

From paceconcertman on the Shidoobee board...

"JUST CALLED A FRIEND OF MINE WHO WORKS AT THE abc AFFILLIATE IN PHILLY HR SAID THE REASON IS THAT THEY WASTED 30 SECONDS WHEN THEY CAME ON GETTING READY TO PLAY FIRST SONG"

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: November 23, 2005 06:06

I know they need to promote the new single.......but so many people will be scratching their heads.......saying what the hell is that?

Date: November 23, 2005 06:07

Doesn't really make sense... "IORR" would have gone on for at least 2-3 more minutes, not 30 seconds.

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: November 23, 2005 06:10

ABC once cut off Sinatra at the Grammys shortly before his death...they obviously have no respect for cultural icons and music gods...f em!

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 23, 2005 06:13

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 00:48 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: czr ()
Date: November 23, 2005 06:15

They should've gave them more time, whats another minute. It's the Stones. ABC & Dick Clark SUCK, they robbed them selves of the fantastic prefomance. I bet the Song ended with fireworks.
CZR.

Posted by: swsfo ()
Date: November 23, 2005 07:19

The AMA's are on a delay on the West Coast - so the Stones will not be seen here for some time - but - thanks to this IORR board we know what they will play (figured it would be Rain Fall Down) - but am disappointed that they cut It's Only Rock 'N Roll short - as they played this in Fresno and it smoked! (did anyone out there hear this one and Fresno and want to comment?)....

Posted by: poor immigrant ()
Date: November 23, 2005 08:56

That RAIN FALL DOWN sure wasn't gonna sell any more copies of the new album. It's embarassing that they HAD to do a warhorse too. I'll bet it was in the agreement, warhorse gets you a new tune. Let's face it, Mick feels they really need to do these shows, but the truth is, these shows don't need them. You could practically hear the yawns when that idiot host started talking about them. No buildup or anticipation. What a terrible job the show did of showing them, cutting them, etc... Damnit, this band DOES NOT NEED THIS BULL!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-23 08:57 by poor immigrant.

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: November 23, 2005 09:04

Come on people, I was so glad to see the Stones tonight. It was free and they played a new song. So what if the screwed it up. That's what's made them famous for crying out loud.
Mick looks and sounds good as far as I care.
In a perfect world they would have played Rocks Off and Some Girls, but Hollywood is hardly a perfect world. I'll take what I can get, and like it.

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: November 23, 2005 10:50

Very Dissapionting. Why play this tune? I have said before it is a nothing song. I doubt they will ever play it again. It is not a single. I mean UTR is a much better song to have played and they didn't even put it on the album? Very confused. Good on them for takin a risk, but I don't understand. Surely they can see everyone sitting down for the song. IT DOESNT ROCK.

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: November 23, 2005 13:09

I thought it was a horrible performance. Mick messed up a few times on Rain Fall Down, he looked terrible in that jacket, poor song choice...

Keith looked great.

Posted by: short&curlies ()
Date: November 23, 2005 15:12

The boys didn't help themselved at all last night! I would bet the vast majority of hard-core fans like us were dissapointed with RFD and half of IORAR. If you were a casual fan you didn't see anything on TV that would prompt you to drop $100-$400 for a ticket to a future show. Keith looked great???? I thought he looked like death warmed over. I know, I know, it's keith and he always looks like that but can't they afford to take a tanning bed on the road with them. They all look as white as sheets! I'm sorry, I saw them in Chicago and enjoyed the show but I have been dissapointed in what I have seen and heard from shows lately. They posted SFTD on RS.COM from Hollywood Bowl and I thought it sounded pretty bad. Have these quys got it in them to keep playing all these dates? God I still love them and always will. I saw them in the 70s, 80s, 90s and now....but I find myself making excuses for them more and more often.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: November 23, 2005 15:50

short&curlies Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The boys didn't help themselved at all last night!

I agree with this sentiment 100%. The Stones at the NFL kickoff was great. It was a perfect showcase for the Stones in 2005. Jagger looking, singing and dancing great. The stage was terrific!

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: November 23, 2005 16:04

Total humiliation. I fear the embarrassment they will suffer at the Superbowl. Life as we know it has been changed for ever. That was worse that MU with JT. A new low! Sad, Sad, Sad!!!

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: November 23, 2005 16:25

My thoughts:

Congrats to the boys for taking a risk!

Thumbs down to the boys for taking the wrong risk...what about OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN...just change all the "f" words and it would have been killer...

I feel so bad for Mick...he was the only one up there trying to generate any excitement...the band fell apart on him early and it looked like he @#$%& up when it was the band that missed the change...Wood looked so bored and out of it...I'll take a happy drunk as a skunk Ron Wood drunk with all the clinker notes over a stiff, straight, uninspired Wood anyday!

I agree...they can do without this kind of thing...and as STEVEN on the previous post said...SUPERBOWL...YIKES!!!!

PECMAN

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: November 23, 2005 17:07

Rocks Off and Some Girls...
Now that would be great to see and hear.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 23, 2005 17:27

AMA and Some girls..... yep I can see it now..... black girls just wanna get blah, blah

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 23, 2005 17:56

Pecman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the band
> fell apart on him early and it looked like he
> @#$%& up when it was the band that missed the
> change...Wood looked so bored and out of it...

That's not my take - I believe MJ came in too early with the chorus.....

Date: November 23, 2005 18:06

As I mentioned before, one of the guitars sounded out of tune too. I'm not sure who it was, I thought it was Mick but later on there was a part where Keith and Ronnie stopped playing but Mick kept going and I couldn't even hear him. So now I think it may have been Ronnie.

Date: November 23, 2005 18:29

you're right, deuce - something was seriously amiss with at least one of the guitars, whether it was improperly tuned (hard to believe) or being played in the wrong key (more likely)....

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: November 23, 2005 19:10

They looked like tired, old men.

Someone said watching this was free. I disagree, the Stones came at the end of 3 hours of pain. Carlos ripped it up, though. Would love to see he and Keith get together. How about a guest spot on Can't You Hear Me Knocking?

Date: November 23, 2005 19:14

I don't know, santana did a lot of posing, too. All that hugging at the end of one song, give me a break. His fingers are in good shape, but I've never cared much for his music.

cc

Date: November 23, 2005 19:34

Garza's good though - I thought he and Carlos did pretty well on a very so-so song.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home