Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Airport problems in Europe this summer
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 6, 2022 21:43

bv
So far on this SIXTY tour I have had 19 flights. Of these I would say one out of four have been delayed by an hour or more, one flight five hours delayed, one cancelled, and also I have rescheduled and changed flights several times, in order to avoid more trouble and cancellations.

Scandinavian Airlines (SAS), our main airliner in Scandinavia, had warned about a pilot strike starting Wednesday June 29, so I changed most of my flights to BA, LH, Swizz, Austrian etc some weeks ago. Also, there was some other strikes in late June, with technicians on Oslo Airport, resulting in Norwegian Airlines flights being cancelled, so that airliner was also out of question.

The SAS pilots kept talking with their management way past the deadlines, but after three new dates given, they went on strike Monday morning July 4 at 11am, about the same time as I was about to check out of my hotel in London, and travel on to Amsterdam.

For the rest of the tour, I will mostly stay on the tour, and use train travel rather than airlines. Life is too short to be spent on airports for hours, being fooled by bad excuses from airliners.

You've already had 19 flights?? Are there troubles with direct flights/ having to make multiple changes?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 6, 2022 21:48

Booked my flight with Norwegian Airlines from Stockholm to Berlin for the 2nd. I hope everything will work.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 6, 2022 22:20

No problems flying to Schiphol with a bag. Everything went smooth. Now in cab on our way to the hotel.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home