Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Spotify
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 31, 2022 22:29

I have young friends - basically half my age - and their idea of consuming music is to hear whatever, listen to it in whatever ways - tiktok, Apple, YouTube - and not be involved in the culture of the music (while generally not even listening to an entire song).

It's there. Like air. For $10 a month.

They don't have a reason to care. They don't care that Kanye is an talentless hack, they just like his songs. Amazingly it's gone from the talent of singing to the talent of making sounds, like going Woo woo woo baby and THAT is the hook with some whatever, my money folds, kind of line.

I got rid of Spotify mostly because it bored me (but also because it required wifi). It's too easy. There's no involvement. It's like eating crackers with boring American cheese while looking at white wallpaper.

So someone got to listen to the release when it "dropped" while others waited on the physical media. Although the experience is subjective, guess who had a better time? Immediate doesn't mean better.

In the case of Amazon, EL MOCAMBO's CD purchase included a free rip so I got to listen to the album before the CD album showed up. That's a double win there. But it's not always that way.

The artists' creativity is beyond the music. With physical media you get the entire creation. With streaming, you only get to hear it.

On a side note, one thing I noticed with Sirius that someone had in their auto, was the classic rock stations. Which blew my mind. I thought the entire idea behind satellite radio was to get away from classic rock late 60s-mid 80s FM radio crap - Sirius plays the SAME GARBAGE! Why anyone would pay for that is a mystery.

Who has the amount of time to listen to music that much while paying for satellite or streaming if they're over 35 or whatever? My young friends are just fine with $10 a month listening from their phone speakers.

That's hilarious.

What's even more hilarious is they don't care.

Re: OT: Spotify
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 23:41

Y'know the thing that drives me nuts about Sirius, GSL, is that the programs repeat themselves! I can be on a roadtrip, and will hear the program in the morning, and then later that afternoon, it's the same damn program all over again!!! THAT drives me nuts!!!

Re: Spotify
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 1, 2022 12:35

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-01 12:40 by Irix.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2053
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home