Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Live Aid 85
Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: April 12, 2022 15:24

django
Here is my little Live Aid story. It was the time when there was very few live music on German TV. We had the Rockpalast twice a year (I hoped for years that the Stones would play there) and that was it. And MTV of course. So we were very enthusiastic when the event was announced. I watched the whole show together with a friend. First we met at his flat for breakfast and later, during the Queen performance, we switched to my apartment. We both felt Queen were pretty lame and so we could miss the gig. To be honest, we thought Queen was sh*t. However, later I had to revise my opinion. The performance was indeed sensational. When we got to my place, it must have been late in the afternoon, the first bottles of beer were opened and it became a great evening. As a die-hard Stones fan, I almost freaked out when "the transcendent Bob Dylan” (quote Jack Nicholson) announced Keith and Ronnie. Later I had to realize that it was quite a terrible performance. My favourites that day were The Style Council, Elvis Costello, Sade, U2, David Bowie, Tom Petty, The Pretenders, Neil Young, CSN+Y and Jagger.
A friend's father kindly recorded everything on VHS tape and we put together a seven hour "Best Off" from it. We celebrated it with some buddies at a pretty good party in the ”Partykeller” (named “Taubenschlag”) in my parents’ house, who were on vacation (see invitation below). Good old days! I still have an sealed original Live Aid t-shirt but I doubt I would fit in it.

Love this message. Just brilliant !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home